Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 29: WELCOME TO CORELLIA

Previously posted:

As the EVIL EMPIRE and OKAY REPUBLIC clash on the streets of CORELLIA, Jedi Master JOLUNE MOL'NEUX searches for a missing friend...

Master Syo's briefings on the Corellian situation are grim. Treachery, Imperials invading, a resistance under fire-- I saw it all back home.

Don't forget about Felix.

We know the automated landing system put the escape pod in Coronet City's shipyards. It's a start.

Why didn't it get sent to the spaceport?

With all the chaos we're lucky it even hit the planet.

We still have a war to fight, too. There is good news- Master Syo completed work on the Guardian Holds before the invasion began.

What are these Guardian Holds?

Ah, of course. Master Syo only just passed on this briefing.

Master Syo's fortified each of these buildings with special defenses, and code-named them Guardian Holds. The Guardian Holds mean we have several impenetrable fortresses, from which we can always retake Coronet City. Even if it falls to the Empire.

Seems kinda defeatist. Let's focus on winning, rather than how we'll claw our way back if we lose.

Defending the Guardian Holds does make the Republic a little short-handed, though...

We're diverting troops from the actual war to protect our Plan B? But... that.... why?

...which is where our armies come in.

So, once again, it's all up to us.

With the Force on my side, I'll find him.

What if you vanish too? We need a practical backup plan.

What about the emergency broadcasts? I think there was one... yes, here.

We could search the shipyards while we defend them. Tell Captain Drizan we're on our way.

At once, Jedi.

Tai's droids, Esh-kha, commandos. We land all.

Of course, the first thought that pops into your head when entering a warzone is “Gosh, I really must invite Tharan along. He would so enjoy this.”

Well, you liked Balmorra so much, I thought I should give you the chance to experience it again.

Your generous heart does you credit.

Also, I might need your medical skills if Felix is wounded. And Holiday will be useful if the Javelin intel is encrypted.

The curse of genius. Indispensability.

Did you just make that word up?

...I'm almost certain I didn't.

Look at this place. These poor people..

Ah, Corellia. Once home to so many bored heiresses. Where are they now, I wonder?

The emergency broadcast was coming from this bunker.

Captain Drizen? I believe my allies sent a message. I need your help to find an escape pod.

Huh? I thought that was a hoax. Quil! Look, we really did get a Jedi Master.

:3:

?

:rolleyes:

This is Quil; she and other Selonians are helping us fight the Imperials. Your escape pod's somewhere in a hot zone.

The shipyard guidance system brought the pod in. Isn't there some record?

No, the guidance controls were damaged. The pod could be anywhere, and recon's impossible.

Your pod's important, but I can't send anyone after it, not if those droids will track them.

I may be able to take care of them, depending on the numbers.

More come in with every troop transport.

You couldn't get them all. Wouldn't have to. Break a few, change their patrol routes, we sneak through. We have cardboard boxes.

Your scouts might still be vulnerable.

War is all a risk. We fight for Corellia.

Here robot, robot.

Over there! On the left! ...My left!

Oh, this is going to hurt.

:supaburn:

The droids can be tough. Their most dangerous attack is a big blast of fire that sets you alight and stuns for a few seconds. Other than that they've got that standard Power Shot style skills and the shitton of health that you'd expect for a boss at this level.

They're not instanced either, they're just patrolling the area. This is Corellia's big frustration- the map is huge and covered with enemies, some of which are pretty dangerous, which makes getting around a real nuisance.

Three more to go.

SEVERAL DEAD ROBOTS LATER...

Also, we found escape pod. Sighted in Zone Twelve. That's very bad. A lot of Imperials.

If they opened the pod, Felix may be their prisoner. Or... he might be...

Your friend will fight hard, I'm sure.

Good luck helping your friend. Uh, I know your mission's urgent but... could you do us a favor?

What would you ask of me?

How do you convert an aerial into a gun?

Corellian ingenuity! Shame the Empire took 'em. But, there's an override to hardwire them for Imperial targets. Just enter this at both towers, and we get our guns back.

My priority is reaching the escape pod, but if I have the opportunity, I'll do what I can.

Sure. It's just--any help would make a huge difference.

If you need help to free friend from pod, call. We Selonians will come.

I don't want your people in harm's way unnecessarily.

All acceptable risk, if Imperials are thinned.

We'd have to get them to the gym first! :haw:

I do not get it.

That's probably for the best.

AND SO...

What are those things?

Eyodyne Class IV ion drives, if I'm not mistaken. Probably fallen from one of the wrecked ships.

...What happens if they fire?

A small but significant part of this planet hits orbit.

Best not stay here too long.

Best not.

Here's one of the AA guns.

*beep*

That was easy. Where's the next one?

Man, they put these things in inconvenient places. Why does no one ever think about the tired Jedi in these situations?

Reprogramming the AA guns is a bonus objective. You don't have to do it, and it isn't referenced in any future dialogue. Still, it is the nice thing to do. You do want to be nice, right?

Well, that'll buy the resistance another few hours.

Until the Republic pushes the Empire back... The Republic is going to win this one, Tharan.

The Republic's only plan seems to be building fortresses to hide in.

Lucky the Alliance is here then.

[VIDEO: Pod People]

There's the pod! Felix?!

Let's get it open...

...or not.

Felix!

Have you been hurt?

I hit some chop on the way down, but I'll survive.

That's a relief... Wait, what's chop?

I trust you held on to our data during your absence, Lieutenant?

Here. One Imperial dreadnaught's complete tactical database, safe and sound and inexplicably not deleted.

I think this may warrant a medal. The Jolune Medal of Courageousness!

If you're offering, I won't say no. Just one thing, first.

Here? It's not very safe. Besides, I need a holotransmitter.

Is there somewhere secure we can go to fix the file? Its audio is broken up, but I heard... It might have been intel about the First Son.

A friend of ours, Captain Drizan has a safe position.

Then let's... ah...

Perhaps this would be a good time for you to meet our new friends.

LATER...

This is friend? Bit messy.

Hey!

We will take to Drizan's shelter. Smuggle through tunnels, very quick.

Don't rush if it'll make his injuries worse.

Ah, you're back! The Selonians brought your friend in a little while ago.

They do move fast through those tunnels.

Lieutenant mentioned you must fix corrupted file he found. Something important?

The file could help us catch one of the masterminds behind the war.

Oh. Wow. If you need our holotransmitter to check it, go right ahead.

We'll give privacy to work. Best luck, Jedi.

Ooh! The Jedi Archives! They restore old files all the time, don't they? If I linked in, I could fix this in a snap.

The Jedi Archives contain the wisdom of the galaxy. So don't start “reorganizing” anything. And don't copy out the juicy bits for Tharan.

There are juicy bits? Why was I not told this befo--

Sending a request to the Jedi Council now.

Indeed. We have the Guardian Holds to oversee, troops to organise, and you want to access the Jedi Archives? Now?

Very well. You have permission.

Restoration in progress... Done! The file is... is... Oh, Jedi. You need to see this, right now.

The Children of the Emperor will remind them. When the Republic falls, I will ensure Corellia's government is rewarded for aiding us.

But we've never heard of a “First Son”! How can we trust you're as powerful as you say?

Let me take off my hood and turn around first, so this reveal may be as dramatic as possible.

NEXT TIME: Dun dun dunnnnn!