Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.
--------------------------
Ending :commissar:
El Sallia's Unification

--------------------------

Video: True Imperial Path Ending Skip to the next video, if you watch this one.

With these two swords, Your Majesty's desires can finally be realised.

We finally have the power we need to unite our continent.

One land, one king! The age of war should be over for good.

We were also able to capture both maidens...
After uniting the continent, we can seal the Dark Blade so darkness never returns.

Hmmm... Octavian!

Apparently, Octavian is now a Hero.

Your actions during this trying time were impeccable. Having seen your skill, I bestow upon you the rank of general.
You will command the Radiant Dragon Knights, a Royal Guard.

Your Majesty... thank you! I shall prove to be reliable in your service!

:woop:

What!? R, really...?

Are you surprised, little boy?

I am going to become the Empire's ambassador and will aid the Kaiser's diplomacy.
I will work to benefit the continent, and the ensure this era remains free of war.

Our first battle has ended. I trust you shall continue to do your best to succeed.
For the sake of a peaceful tomorrow, go forth!

Yes, my Liege!

*fade to black*

Get them! These guys are the only thing between us and our booty!

:yarr: Th, the Rayguard Empire!?

Who cares!? Kill them too! Ha ha!

Ugh! My, my legs are...

It seems I overestimated you.

:yarr: Die! You bastards! (CC:138)

:yarr: H, how can this be...!?

Now that you've witnessed our power, do you still plan to continue this fight?

How strong...! Th, they're... too much!

If you fools are looking for a swift end, then by all means, keep fighting!

Why make us spill more blood? Give up and surrender!

Fine...!

We surrender...

Another nation fell to us easily.

You speak too soon.
Until the day El Sallia is free of all war, we can never rest.

Until we've wiped the continent clean of war...?
We have already come so far... El Sallia's age of peace is just over the horizon!

*fade to black*

With Octavian's team and Alhazard, the Empire successfully achieved its goal of unifying the continent. With both the great Langrisser and the dreaded Alhazard, the Empire was invincible. Octavian's contributions were recognised and he became General of the Empire's Radiant Dragon Knights.

Hein followed Octavian and sided with the Empire. Destroying Kalxath's Army of Light was tough on his emotions. However, Hein firmly believed in the Kaiser's vision of an ideal world. Without a doubt, the support Hein brought to the field of war wrought terror upon his enemies. Though Hein's performance on the battlefield was average, his magic proved useful in the war. Perhaps from overestimating his own powers, he frequently injured himself in battle. Almost losing his life a few times, Hein decided it was for the best to avoid conflict and settled down. One day, after several years passed, Hein created his own laboratory in a remote hamlet. It was here that he learnt the secret spell of Rebirth, the same spell Jessica used to live through the generations of man. No one is sure if Hein decided to use the spell or not, but he has not been heard from for some time.

We all know what happens next...

The roaming mercenary, Rohga, with Octavian and the Empire, united El Sallia at last. Although Rohga's skills were not top-notch, his mere presence was quite daunting. And he who ravaged his enemies bore not a single wound from this conflict. Rohga truly is, undeniably, El Sallia's ultimate swordsman. Breaking through all odds, Rohga never lost hope for Sonya, rushing to her side. Rohga successfully warmed her heart, and together they lent Octavian power to build peace for both demons and humans.

Leon's dream of a united land was inspired by the Rayguard Empire's Kaiser. The knight offered everything to the young Empire. With his exceptional tactics and chivalry he commanded the Imperial Blue Dragon Knights. Leon is now regarded as a legendary hero amongst the people of the Empire. Recognised for distinguished service, Bernhardt gave him Kalxath as his own territory. Kalxath's citizens had mixed feelings, but Leon won the hearts of the people with his superb governance. And so, Kalxath then became a prominent city on the continent and knew prosperity as it never had before.

Her beautiful, showy appearance and her cold, merciless nature helped Imelda maintain strict control over her division. After the Empire unified the continent, she gained a coastal territory from Bernhardt. She named the land to "The Kingdom of Imelda". Reigning as first Queen, she spent her days acting selfishly. Although skilled at military tactics, she could not govern as well as she wanted to. Due to this, her people lived in poverty, but rumour has it the people said nothing out of fear of retribution.

Is anyone surprised at this?

The tactics of the Blazing Dragon Army under Vargas were recognised. The corps' outstanding bravery and loyalty had been praised, and the General could hardly hold back his pride for his men. One day, Vargas was caught in a trap when heading to suppress a border skirmish. Numerous boulders dropped from ledges onto his troops. Vargas heroically used his own body as a shield to protect his comrades, saving everyone's lives... except his own...

:patriot: He died as he lived, being awesome. RIP you brave man of Rayguard, your family will be well looked after and live in peace.

Grand Sorcerer Egbert, head of the Dark Dragon Sorcerers, was aide to the Kaiser himself. He has been praised as one of El Sallia's most intelligent men. His magic and sharp insight influenced even politicians. Though he had great potential as the Kaiser's adviser, he depended on others in battle. Egbert finally succeeded and fulfilled his dream of wiping darkness from the world... However, due to the forbidden magic Egbert wielded in order to fight off the darkness, his soul deteriorated over time. Egbert was able to live longer by abstaining from using magic after El Sallia's unification. He used his wisdom for peace and due to his commitment and ability, he was praised as the greatest sage of the continent.

I'm kinda glad Egbert gets to basically become his Master after all that's gone down. A great sage and a man of peace, a much better outcome then he could have possibly hoped for.

Her big brother Rohga finally reached her heart, and Sonya gladly joined the fight for continental unification. Many had great expectations for the new member, though sadly, she let them down. Through her painful memories and injuries, Sonya grew to fear blood and slowly quit fighting. What awaited her were the cold reaction of humans. For she who carries the blood of demons, peace is still far away.

:smith: Sonya can never catch a break. Oh well, I plan for her to have a very happy ending when she joins us again.

Video: Staff Credits Roll

So the Imperial Path... a bit more straight forward than the Light path was. We betrayed our friends, mowed down all who opposed us in a bloody campaign of invasion and brute military might, and destroyed the darkness but not in the way destiny intended. Personally, I rather enjoyed playing it this time around as when I played it last time, I rushed my way through and missed a lot of the interesting tidbits that we saw. What was missing though, is what the bloody hell happened to the Maidens!? Did Leon and Lána hook up? Did Liana forgive Octavian and make future Imperial storm troopers? That one thing does frustrate me, given that they had a bad end for killing them, so feel free to invent your own epilogue regarding those two.

I will miss having Vargas and Leon though, since they'll be enemies from this point onward. Imelda/Egbert, I don't mind losing so much since they were more utility/support casters and thus, are quite easy to replace. Chasing royalty really was the right choice, as it allowed me to show off Alhazard as an item which given Böser will most likely be the final boss of the "chasing skirts" scenario, that was a good call.

Anyway, a big thanks again to everyone (old and new) for coming along with me on the ride through the path of domination and subjugation that is the Imperial path. There's still the mirror world updates to go, wherein Sonya will be killed off for reals and Jessica dealt with first. Still, whilst I work on those please remember that there are still two competitions ongoing: the curse counter which is sitting pretty at 138 and the fanwork competition which will win naming rights for the Chaos Hero.

So far, Mehauyael's winning that by virtue of being the only entrant, so if you want to name Chaos Fighter/Octavian and perhaps, suggest an extra feature I can add to his portrait (like Octavian's X scar), get busy! Lastly, thanks for sticking with me so far, it's been an up and down year for the LP but there is still plenty more to come!