Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
Directed by: Tommy Lee Wallace
Starring: Tom Atkins, Dan O'Herlihy, Stacy Nelkin

Atkins stars as a doctor trying to uncover the mysteries of deadly halloween masks.

Not a lot of Halloween fans want to recognize it's existence as a film, and you can't blame them. There's no Michael Myers at all. Instead we're left with a crazy mask-maker... who's mask kill! sound scary? nope. No wonder it bombed at the box offices.

For a long time, I hated this film. However, I think a lot of flack it gets is just because it's not a real sequel to the first two Halloween films. If you look at it apart from the franchise though, it is a bit more bareable. Still nothing fantastic, but it's ok. I enjoyed it much more when I was told some background information on practices of Irish Druids. Had the film given me that information, maybe I'd give it a 3, but basically it just leaves you wonder what the gently caress you just watched. I vote a 2... and I'm sure a lot of people think that it doesn't even deserve that high of a score.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Halloween III is a loving crazy sequel that has nothing to do with slasher Michael (aka The Shape). Instead the movie is about druids making masks that will be activated by a commercial broadcast on Halloween night, triggering a small microship inside that will fire a laser into the skull of the child wearing it, shooting snakes and insects everywhere. The druids are doing this because it will be "one hell of a Halloween trick" and as a sacrifice to Stonehenge. There are also robots disguised as people in this movie.

I say all of this because it's not so much a spoiler as the only appeal of this movie.

4/5, really loved it because it's crazy horror trash

liquorhead
Jul 11, 2002

That "3 more days til Halloween" song is drat near impossible to get out of your head!

And the movie is poo poo.

Vivisector
Aug 24, 2002

Squirreling?

quote:

liquorhead came out of the closet to say:
That "3 more days til Halloween" song is drat near impossible to get out of your head!

You just had to go and do that...that song is annoyingly catchy.

I all around hated this movie, and would recommend avoiding it if you are a Michael Myers fan. If the storyline sounds interesting to you, check out the Buffy episode "Halloween", or the the Goosebumps book or episode "The Haunted Mask." They are shorter and more entertaining. As was said, it was better as a standalone, but not much better.

Because I have a special place in my heart for terrible horror movies: 4/5

But in all seriousness: 1.5/5

Vivisector fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 3, 2004

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I love this movie because it's so laughably horrible in so many different ways.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
This is a positively craptastic movie that traumatized the gently caress out of me when I was about 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
Those robots, or cyborgs, or whatever the hell they were, had absolutely no purpose whatsoever. They just get killed, and nothing else in the movie ever refers to the event again. Either that, or the movie was so bad that I managed to block that part out.

It was such an inept attempt at story telling that I truly want to give it a 5.5. It is so terrible (from the perspective of a person who wants to take it seriously as a horror flic) that the whole movie became one big joke. This is easily my favorite unintentional comedy ever made (counting only movies that have nationwide releases).

This movie is either a 5 or a .5, no in between.