Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
Directed by: Barry Levinson
Starring: Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise

This is the story of Charlie Babbitt (Cruise), a yuppie who's father left the vast majority of his family fortune to someone named 'Raymond'. Charlie soon tavels cross-country to see who this 'Raymond' is and to get a share of his father's fortune. When he gets there, he finds 'Ray', the autistic brother he didn't know he had, living in a residential home. Ray, while able to perform extraordinary mathematical calculations quickly in his head, doesn't even really understand the concept of money, nevermind what he could do with all the money his father has left him. Charlie takes Ray from his home to try to gain some money from him, but the resulting journey leads them to learn a lot about each other than they ever though they would.

I really enjoyed this movie. The acting is great, the story is interesting, and Hoffman is lovable, funny, and very quotable.

I also have a signed poster of this movie. :)

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Funny, thought-provoking, good plot and idea, well executed
CONS: Sappy at times

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0095953/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

locdogg
Nov 16, 2000

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My friend was once a caretaker for a retarded man. He also loved fishsticks as well as green jello. Perhaps this is the food of choice for the trisomic diner?
Also notice Dustin Hoffman always wears his collar buttoned all the way to the top, another trademark of the mentally disabled. Certainly this film captures the essence of the tard in its truest form. A handicapable masterpiece.

RappupNG
Mar 10, 2003
I'm so alone.
This movie was Sparkly. Very Sparkly. And K-Mart sucks. 5/5

Captain Fwiffo
Jan 23, 2004

Resident of Pluto
Dustin Hoffman is an excellent actor with excellent range. I absolutely love this movie.