Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbertHerring
Oct 10, 2003

king of the may more like governor of virginia
Directed by: Guy Hamilton
Starring: Sean Connery, Jill St. John, Charles Gray

Many fans of the James Bond franchise agree that Sean Connery was the best of the actors to play the debonair spy. While I can't wholeheartedly I agree, I do think that the Connery films are some of the best in the series. One of the best of these is 1971's Diamonds Are Forever, starring Jill St. John as the love interest du jour. This time, Bond's off to Las Vegas to investigate diamond smuggling, with stops in Amsterdam and (briefly) in South Africa beforehand. Jimmy Dean is wonderfully funny in his turn as millionaire Willard Whyte. And Bruce Glover and Putter Smith, as gay couple Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint, almost steal the limelight from Connery in any scenes they share. Connery, too, is at his best here, and his witticisms ("If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile" and "I was walking my pet rat" come to mind) are as sharp as ever.

One of the best Bond films made; highly recommended.

edit: I do, however, think Lazenby was the worst of the Bonds ever to grace the screen, bar none.

RATING: 5

PROS: Excellent Bond film
CONS: Rather short on plot

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066995/

AlbertHerring fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 9, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yamhanded
Oct 31, 2003

My favorite Bond film, with my favorite Bond (unlike AlbertHerring's favorite, George Lazenby)

5/5