Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Pak
Jan 26, 2004

I'm from the phone company...
Directed by: James Cox
Starring: Val Kilmer, Kate Bosworth, Lisa Kudrow, Josh Lucas, Christina Applegate

This movie is based off the murders that occured in LA in the 80's involving Eddie Nash and John Holmes.

The introdution to the movie itself is very stylish and you immediatly feel like you are in the 80's with the washed out colors and the authentic feel to it with the clothing, etc. Showing the flashy, drug inducing lifestyles was done ok, if anything a bit excess and cliche. The performances from all the acters was really good, each of them were very convincing. The only downsides in my mind were the fact that a lot of the story was probably very exaggerated...there is a lot that happens that just seems far too over the top; which I guess is expected simply to entertain the audience. The other downer is the character buildup itself. Most of them didn't really feel like they did have any real character because so little time was spent on them other than John Holmes, I think it would have been nice if we got to know a bit more about the Wonderland gang and Eddie Nash especially.

RATING: 3.5

PROS: Very nice cinematography, good use of washed out color, very good performances
CONS: Supposed to be based off a real story, but seems like a lot is exaggerated, weak character buildup

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335563/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xdrquinnx
May 5, 2002

I saw this on a plane. It was sort of a lesser-of-two-evils situation, so I wasn't expecting much from the movie. I don't regret watching it, but it made practically no impression on me. Everything about it struck me as "ok". The acting was ok, the plot was ok, the cinematography was ok (or maybe "good").. but I just didn't care about any of the characters, so the story didn't pull me in.

Voted 2.5/5 for 'meh'.