Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camp Tramp
Feb 17, 2004

by Lowtax
Directed by: Ricky Lau
Starring: Ching-Ying Lam, Siu-hou Chin, Ricky Hui, Moon Lee

A Taoist priest and his bungling assistants run into trouble with a hopping vampire and a randy ghost!

This is the first Hong Kong Movie I saw and it hooked me. I found Chinese supernatural lore very interesting and their vampires are very different to their Western counterparts. Ying Yam is very good as the Taoist priest and Ricky Hui is effectively bumbling. Chin handles a lot of the action.

The effects are reasonable but they suffer in comparison to modern FX. However it is not a major concern, since most of the action is physical, rather than visual.

The only downside is the Incidental music. They constantly reuse the same stings, with little variation. Having said that the Ghosts theme, which is used for the end titles is very beautiful.

Recommended.

RATING: 4

PROS: Good Action, Amusing, Interesting
CONS: Dated FX, Repetitive Music

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089371/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

"Robert"
May 24, 2001

The Go-To Guy for Kitten Pics
The Chinese answer to Evil Dead. Best if you find a copy with the old horribly botched Tai Seng subtitles, which are almost as funny as the movie itself.

When the fingers touch, the secret won't be leaked. 4.5/5