Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
Gorgeous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Hello thread, I finished a granny square blanket. I am now plagued by temptations to create more squares and add another short and long side to it. How do I stop this square-creation obsession.

The yarn is acrylic, Järbo's Cookie in "Burgundy"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
That looks fantastic, especially the colour. I got 2 balls of jarbo cookie recently too. Fuscia and liquorice. Tell your cat they're adorable too.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I recently destroyed a crochet blanket of sentimental value (I put it in the drier and it grabbed onto the corner of the lint trap) The person who originally crocheted it died years ago. What is a fair price to order 2 replacements for this?(Yardstick for scale) I want one in the original hideous color scheme and another of a different color scheme. If anyone wants to do this I'll pay, or if you guys know someone online who I could pay, I'd love it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Cost is going to depend a lot on what type of yarn you want it in (cotton, wool, acrylic etc), but the pattern is a simple one (it's one large filet? Or just very loose, granny square) so the hours of work calculation shouldn't be too bad

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 17, 2023

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I'm pretty sure its normal cotton, would it be normal for me to pick the yarn and just mail it to the crocheter?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Is the damage just to the big holey section? It might be possible to mend that with a bit more yarn.. the stitch pattern itself looks pretty easy. Can you take some close ups of the damaged part?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

I recently destroyed a crochet blanket of sentimental value (I put it in the drier and it grabbed onto the corner of the lint trap) The person who originally crocheted it died years ago. What is a fair price to order 2 replacements for this?(Yardstick for scale) I want one in the original hideous color scheme and another of a different color scheme. If anyone wants to do this I'll pay, or if you guys know someone online who I could pay, I'd love it

This is the whole blanket, not a section of one, right?

If I were going to take this on, I would have you mail it to me so I could get good measurements to get it as close as possible, and potentially reuse the yarn for this one. I can't advise on pricing, but understand that if this is the size I think it is, I'm estimating around 30 hours of crocheting per blanket, more if it includes reusing the yarn from this one. I personally work filet crochet slower than granny squares bc it's a little more fiddly for me.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I’m away from my house right now, but I’ll take some close-ups when I get back. As far as I recall it’s just the one big tear.

I didn’t think about repairing it, I just thought I’d have to get s replacement.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Here is the loose thread around the hole

Here is a closer look at the hole itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memory 404
Feb 15, 2020

Witty repertoire not found...
Bummer - sorry about your blanket! I hope you're able to fix it 🥺