Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AFewBricksShy posted:

Has anyone found any stupid high res shots of the eclipse? I want to use one as a desktop background.
I traveled to Erie for the eclipse. Totality was amazing, the drive home sucked (7.5 hrs). My wife said it was a lot of effort for 3 minutes, I told her that's the story of my life.

I'm glad things worked out in Erie. That was my original plan to travel to from Pittsburgh, but the forecast scared me and I went west instead to meet some Amateur Astronomy Association of Pittsburgh folks west of Akron, Ohio. Were you stuck in the gridlock to get to Erie in the morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Star Man posted:

I'm glad things worked out in Erie. That was my original plan to travel to from Pittsburgh, but the forecast scared me and I went west instead to meet some Amateur Astronomy Association of Pittsburgh folks west of Akron, Ohio. Were you stuck in the gridlock to get to Erie in the morning?

No we shot up 79 from cranberry around 11, almost no traffic. We were actually just south of Erie, west Springfield.
Getting back to Philly sucked rear end though (we stayed at my in-laws in Pittsburgh for the weekend)

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 10, 2024

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Some dusty skies this morning

Corona Australis Molecular Cloud by Marc, on Flickr

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why does it bother me so much these astrophotography people I associate with not know any of their constellations?

Why does this bother me so much? This poo poo is something I want to explore next year or the year after, but holy poo poo these people approach it like a drive-by shooting.