Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

yeah that's real nice. red filter for the sky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Infrared, with a 720nm filter,

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

People should post more photos

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Megabound posted:

:yeah:

My excuse is that we've had lousy weather. Tons of rain that for some reason only happens on Saturdays and Sundays.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I ain't shot poo poo since December.

Well I've taken a bunch of exposures. But I hated them all and have been in a slump. Can't blame it on the weather or scenery either.. I'm just being bad.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I'm slowly poking through a trip to Tucson from last month but so far the only one I really like out of five rolls is the one I put up last page. My "local photos" excuse is also weather... Things are starting to green up though.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Megabound posted:

ok

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
bw (1 of 4) by david childers, on Flickr

bw (3 of 4) by david childers, on Flickr

bw (2 of 4) by david childers, on Flickr

bw (4 of 4) by david childers, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

2 of 4 is so badass.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The infrareds are just incredible. And I'm so envious of the scenery.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

xzzy posted:

2 of 4 is so badass.
can i change your mind to number 3

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

can i change your mind to number 3

They're all cool but I can only pick one favorite.

Sunlight kissing the top of a shrub against a pitch black background gonna get the nod.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

xzzy posted:

They're all cool but I can only pick one favorite.

Sunlight kissing the top of a shrub against a pitch black background gonna get the nod.
oh i just noticed the numbering. we are in agreement, i thought you meant #2 in order of posting

carry on

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Currently on an American road trip and taking photos in a way I haven't since my last American road trip...in 2018. This time I have a laptop that can run Lightroom with me, so here's a handful of my favourites so far.

DSC04852 by Dyfan Edwards, on Flickr

DSC05570 by Dyfan Edwards, on Flickr

DSC05233 by Dyfan Edwards, on Flickr

DSC05865 by Dyfan Edwards, on Flickr

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 17, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Antelope Island, the Great Salt Lake.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are you local to salt lake? I get to stop around there for a night next month and I've seen mention that the bugs get completely unbearable late May.

But a sunset reflection or patterns in the salt flats sounds like fun to shoot.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

xzzy posted:

Are you local to salt lake? I get to stop around there for a night next month and I've seen mention that the bugs get completely unbearable late May.

But a sunset reflection or patterns in the salt flats sounds like fun to shoot.

Yes! Born/raised and still residing. You are correct that the bugs are AWFUL. Permethrin treated clothing and picaridin, and honestly that time of year a full on face net would be needed. This weekend we got wrecked by the bugs where we first started (south east side). These were on the west side (white rock beach) and it was not too bad and we got ourselves a good hour or so before the bugs showed up to that side.

There are so many incredible places you can go in late May. You are going to have a difficult time deciding where to go. Plenty of options though, if you want some suggestions on stuff to do based on your interests just ask.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, I got a face net. I'll evaluate as I show up and adjust as needed but thanks for confirming the reports.

Unfortunately I only got two nights on the west side of the state, one headed west and one coming back east. I'm thinking I'll camp in the hills just west of the bonneville flats and try for a sunset on the salt (or on the shore if there happens to be water that night). On the way back I'm camping at crystal peak and then a final night at goblin valley (which I didn't think I'd like but I am hooked after I got to spend a couple hours there last fall).

Was really hard to narrow it down to that list, you're absolutely right that Utah has an insane amount of sights. And I'm not even local, that's just stuff I've been able to find online.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong but Bonneville Salt Flats is generally bug free whereas Antelope Island is miserable.

xzzy posted:

Yeah, I got a face net. I'll evaluate as I show up and adjust as needed but thanks for confirming the reports.

Unfortunately I only got two nights on the west side of the state, one headed west and one coming back east. I'm thinking I'll camp in the hills just west of the bonneville flats and try for a sunset on the salt (or on the shore if there happens to be water that night). On the way back I'm camping at crystal peak and then a final night at goblin valley (which I didn't think I'd like but I am hooked after I got to spend a couple hours there last fall).

Was really hard to narrow it down to that list, you're absolutely right that Utah has an insane amount of sights. And I'm not even local, that's just stuff I've been able to find online.

If you make it far enough south for Goblin Valley, you should keep going to Moon Overlook Road. Go watch the sunset there. Also, 38°23'58.7"N 110°47'30.4"W is nearby and awesome too. First 3 photos below are Moon Overlook Road, last one is the GPS coordinates.

And honestly, just keep going south, I'll give you more destinations.

huhu fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 18, 2024

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I did get to camp the moon overlook once, the whole Hanksville area is magic. A fun snapshot of another notable feature there:

I chose goblin valley this time because it's closer to the interstate and I only had a brief stop previously.

I think I have a point saved near those coordinates as well but I don't have a drone. I'll catch it on a future visit. I think I want to spend a week around Hanksville at some point and really saturate myself in it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

daaaaaaaaaaamn

where do i buy a print

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hi, I'm actually printing this evening, and this is on my list as my wife wants it in the lounge-room. I'll be doing em 12x16. Feel free to PM me.