Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
C

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The Emperor Protects those that Fight Courageously.

C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Do we not have a jetpack we can wear?

C

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

We've been trying to kill Rat since day 1 so yeah, let's go with what works.

C

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
A. We've survived train rams before, to great accomplishment

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
C. Strap on those goggles and run Quint.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

:siren:AW YEAH! TIAS IS BACK!:siren:

C. You are only born so that you can give your life fighting the enemies of the Emperor.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
We will C this through.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Derelict waste containment and expulsion facility 2B

"I don't care what you say, I'm doing it, not you."

Flavia seems adamant, but you're resolved to shake her off.

"I'm the ranking officer, and it's my decision, so the risk must also be mine to take."

"I'm faster than you."

You bristle a bit, but know that she's trying to con you. All because she cares about you - behind her long-healed criminal cheek brands a faint reddening spreads!

"I'm doing it, don't make me have to pull rank."

"No."

"I'll make it. I promise."

She shakes her head, droplets of moisture from the ever-present air scrubbing units flying from her short, bleached hair. "You're fragged up. But fine."

She removes her lasrifle strap and clambers into the maintenance hatch leading to the reinforced control room. "Only in death.." she mutters, disappearing into the gloom.

"FZZZT... it's approaching via the route the Augur team said it would." Rams voice crashes in through a ream of static.

"Wat. I mean, good. What now" you snap.

"Get its attention, then make for the armoured bulkhead like we drilled. The Omnissiah preserve you."

Great. Before you can dwell on your surly situation, you see a frail figure clamber out of one of the bulkhead openings. A faint greasy tang enters the air, and you breath echoes, even though it never has in here before. Warp-taint.

You opt for the path of least obfuscation, drawing your trusty shotgun, and tagging her head and breast in a beehive of desintegrating steel slugs. She turns to you like she was just caressed by a stiff-breeze, malevolence oozing from torn, bleeding lips.

"Y̷̛̮͇͓͔̋̒̍ͬ͐͟O̰̗̤̹̩̳̽ͨ̄͛̈̈́͘U̶̵̷̞̣̹̙̟̤͖̙̪̒̉̇̓̿ͨ̈ͤ̏̽͊ it croaks.

But by then, you've already discarded the shotgun, running full throttle for your life. "She's here" you pant.

"FZZZZZZZZT...again?"

"SHE'S HERE YOU FRAGGER BE READY WITH THE FRAGGING DOOR"

"Confirmed, let us know."

Not far now, but she's gaining, unnatural vitality pumping her decomposing calves after you. The open bulkhead beckons.

Knowing you have to be slightly ahead of events, you howls "NOW" into your head-piece vox, and soon after, you leap through the, now compressing, bulkhead...

..and Darkness Falls.

(((Welp kids! That sure was a string of bad rolls - Quint is now crushed to a fine paste inside the bulkhead. Well, the parts of him not stuck with the daemon getting desintegrated by acidic sump-waste, anyway!

At this point we'll probably have to use a fate point. Do we do it to..

A) Kill the daemon!

or..

B) Keep Quint whole? ))

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Ooph. So the choice is a) do your job and end up crippled or otherwise debilitated, or b) escape with all your parts AND the undying hatred of an immortal warpspawn?

A

Good guardsman. :smith: Maybe the people that were tracking the daemon can chip in to give us some tank treads to replace everything from the waist down.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
A choice between survival and crushing your enemy is not really a choice. If it's just a couple limbs, why are you bothering to ask us?

Also, no tank treads - it deviates from the human form. Our visiom of Quint's future is a cyber-boot stomping on a daemon's face - forever!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Rockopolis posted:

A choice between survival and crushing your enemy is not really a choice. If it's just a couple limbs, why are you bothering to ask us?

Also, no tank treads - it deviates from the human form. Our visiom of Quint's future is a cyber-boot stomping on a daemon's face - forever!

Yeah, I think we need bigger legs to stomp harder.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hmmm. Quint had a good run, honestly. I'm all aboard the A train.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Green Intern posted:

I hate you.

Anyway, all aboard the cyberlegs and possibly posthumous medal for killing a major demon. A

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Green Intern posted:

Yeah same.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A

Let's slowly turn ourselves into a sentient muder servitor.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Saving Quint means we have a pissed off demon still coming from us and potential charges of not killing cowardice before the enemy of we meet the wrong commissar.

Sacrificing ourselves to kill a demon and ending the war makes us a drat Hero, and Damned Heroes get replacement parts from the mechanicus

Kill It

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
A

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A die for the emperor or die trying

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

My only regret is that I have but one life to give for the Emperor.

A

I don't really want us to die, but charging headfirst is how we've been the whole game, so why play the meta now? Trust in the Emperor and He will protect.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
A Daddy needs a new roboleg to better serve the Imperium.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

A Turn him into a dreadnaught.

Pops
Sep 11, 2004

At the end of the day, they are what makes it happen. They are their factions' military might.

They are why we can say...

Victory.
Well, that didn't quite go as planned, did it? Ah well, it's not like we didn't know the risks going in. If we wanted something safe, we'd have worked in the Administratum.

Chicks dig Augmetics, glory lasts forever. Let it never be said that Quint doesn't get the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Tias posted:

At this point we'll probably have to use a fate point. Do we do it to..

A) Kill the daemon!

or..

B) Keep Quint whole? ))
A: Use the Fate Point to kill the thing, then Burn it if we have to, no bulkhead is gonna keep Quint down!

• Locked thread