Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I somehow bumbled into a brand new Mazda 3 in the Hertz loyalty lot and I think I need to start harassing the dealer about coupons on the top trim.

I still really want an electric car so I don't have to go to the gas station but I am increasingly having trouble justifying that for $10k besides the models I'm most interested in having occasional warranty gremlins still.

Meanwhile still the best interior trim and infotainment on any car I've been in for under $40k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cage posted:

Its my dads favorite car since buying a brand new challenger straight out of Vietnam back in 1970. :3:

I think it looks good op. from the front and sides anyways. the back still looks kinda bad ngl. I have the one with the most recent facelift though. but you don't buy a rav4 without being cognizant nobody will ever care about your rav4. actually in some ways its plus. the tacoma made weird impressions on people, the rav4 is like urban camouflage by comparison. if you want a car where your boss can literally never tell if your cars in the lot boy do I have a cuv for you

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m considering trading in my 2011 Civic LX sedan for a 2021+ Civic in hatchback, higher trim than LX. Tempted to splurge on a 2024 Sport Touring hatchback, and I can make that happen, but I’m also considering earlier years in used/pre-owned/whatever. If I do buy used with a nicer trim (EX-L or ST I think), what do I need to look out for? What years were good, and what problems did the model have? I’ve only ever bought new, never used, so I have no experience there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I’m considering trading in my 2011 Civic LX sedan for a 2021+ Civic in hatchback, higher trim than LX. Tempted to splurge on a 2024 Sport Touring hatchback, and I can make that happen, but I’m also considering earlier years in used/pre-owned/whatever. If I do buy used with a nicer trim (EX-L or ST I think), what do I need to look out for? What years were good, and what problems did the model have? I’ve only ever bought new, never used, so I have no experience there.

10th Gen Civics are known to have issues with the A/C compressor. Not sure which years but it may be covered under an extended warranty for it. Earlier 10th gen Civics did not come with a volume knob for the radio. I'm not sure what year they added it but they eventually added a volume knob.

Edit:

There's a recall on 2018-2020 Civics for fuel pumps. Parts should be available later in the year for this. I believe the turbo models are known for oil dilution issues if you drive the car frequently for short trips, 5-10 minutes.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 16, 2024

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
Is there a preferred online service for advertising/selling a car privately but will handle all the headaches like the title and dmv stuff? I’ve tried all the usual suspects car* but thinking I might get a little more selling online.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

drhankmccoyphd posted:

Is there a preferred online service for advertising/selling a car privately but will handle all the headaches like the title and dmv stuff? I’ve tried all the usual suspects car* but thinking I might get a little more selling online.

You can’t get top dollar and not do any legwork (now that the VCs stopped shoveling money in to the used car ecosystem). You have to pick between doing more work to get more money or convenience at a cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Have you looked at Autotrader Private Seller Exchange?

I sold a car through them fairly recently and it was fairly painless.