Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

RightClickSaveAs posted:

How can we make Craigslist the go to for buying/selling motorcycles again? I have recently decided I need another bike which is why I'm trawling Craigslist regularly again and stumbling across these gems, and have been angrily resolved that if I want to find anything in the next year I probably need to use Offerup/FB marketplace. Craigslist's 2000's era interface remains still unbeatable for actual ease of use and lack of rage induction.

Agreed, FB is the literal worst but there is nobody using CL here anymore so we're stuck with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
That is almost as ugly as any random late model Victory.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

How can we make Craigslist the go to for buying/selling motorcycles again?

That war was lost years ago and there’s no going back to Craigslist. Unless Facebook magically goes away (unlikely) or some new even worse social media app becomes the norm for personal ads (more likely), we’re all stuck with marketplace.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Stuff still gets posted to Craigslist here so it's worth checking but it's like 70% Harleys, Offerup was where I found my last two bikes.

I grudgingly made an account for FB marketplace and found some filters that supposedly show bikes from private sellers but loving dealers do shady poo poo where they post normal looking ads under personal accounts. To report them you have to click through a couple different screens, I know FB doesn't give a poo poo but reporting them and blocking the account at least removes the listing from your searches

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Check the 'motorcycle parts' section as well. CL started charging $5 to list I assume in an effort to reduce dealer spam so the cheapasses will list there for free instead.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Springfield Fatts posted:

Check the 'motorcycle parts' section as well. CL started charging $5 to list I assume in an effort to reduce dealer spam so the cheapasses will list there for free instead.

The bikes that get posted there aren't worth more than that

Also lol at the boomers/children of boomers trying to sell 35 year old Wings for $$$$

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Craigslist has mostly all of the same problems Facebook does for the most part. Craigslist won’t fix the title issue

The one advantage it does have is it’s not Facebook.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
So here's one of these no-title bikes and I just had to know more.

Lol buddy. A 98 Wing with a loan on it, need to sell ASAP to move, and you'll get me the title?

I think Facebook marketplace is built on load-bearing scams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-P
Apr 21, 2016
Don't be so cynical. He said it's all lagit.