Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How is the new Lucifer series?

I read the first issue, and while I agree it's not terrible, I really wasn't hooked enough to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bleeding Cool is reporting (on April 1st, mind you) that in addition to having his Doom Patrol over at Vert this year, Gerard Way will act as a "showrunner" to make the brand cool again.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/01/gerard-way-to-be-showrunner-for-dc-vertigo-titles-will-announce-at-eccc/

They've talked about his Doom Patrol going there before, so it doesn't really sound outrageous enough.

e: They've now marked their April Fools articles, and this wasn't one of them.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 2, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

He needs to write more Umbrella Academy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gerard Way's thing got announced, but it's not Vertigo. He's heading a whole other imprint.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/eccc-dc-entertainment-all-access

quote:

Here's some news! Gerard Way joined the panel, and announced that he has his own imprint at DC, called, "DC's Young Animal." "DC is letting me have an imprint called Young Animal. The first book is 'Doom Patrol,'" Way said. It'll be written by Way, and illustrated by Nick Derington. "It's really weird," Way said. It'll pay tribute not just to Grant Morrison's famed run on the series, but the history of Doom Patrol.

Also coming from Young Animal: "Shade, The Changing Girl" from writer Cecil Castellucci and artist Marley Zarcone. Cover by Becky Cloonan. "It's another alien, a woman alien, who's hiding in the body of a teenage girl that used to be a bully," Way said. "She has the Madness Vest. The Madness is kind of taking over."

Another Young Animal book: "Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye." Written by Way and Jon Rivera with art by Michael Avon Oeming. Way said that the comic will deliver on its promise of indeed explaining why Cave Carson -- a sci-fi spelunker introduced by DC back in 1960 -- has a cybernetic eye.

Rounding out the lineup: "Mother Panic," written by Jody Houser, with art by Tommy Lee Edwards and John Paul Leon (covers by Edwards). "This one is set in Gotham," Way said. It'll focus on a new character. Lee pointed out that "Mother Panic" is a mature readers book.

"We do realize that the marketplace is changing, we want to address that chance, we want books that cater to emerging audiences, new readers, people who haven't picked up a superhero comic before and want something a little different," Lee told the audience. "We really welcome Gerard coming back and becoming more involved with the world of comic books."

Dunno what it says about Vertigo that they're making a new thing instead of putting these out as Vertigo :ohdear:

Time to finally read all the Shade comics I got at that last Comixology sale.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 8, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

gently caress. These two alone mean I'm diving back into DC for the first time in years. This had better not go like the last reboot I was hyped for did (I am still bitter over Static)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

American Vampire Anthology #2 announced for July 27th
http://nerdist.com/new-american-vampire-anthology-announced-exclusive/
Writers include Snyder, Steve Orlando, Marguerite Bennett, Joelle Jones, Elliott Kalan , Clay McLeod Chapman and Kieron Gillen.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Shelly Bond got fired from Vertigo today soooooo, that happened.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

And Vertigo's remaining editors will report directly to Didio & Lee.
What're the odds that the B-Team will get to rule the roost as D+L ignore Vertigo's emails in lieu of chasing Young Animal's exposure?
(Reminder: Clean Room, Sheriff of Babylon, and Unfollow are unimpeachable. Survivors' Club, Red Thorn, and Jacked are no slouches, either.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's weird. Way's been mentioning Shelly directly in every interview about Young Animal including DC's own Youtube show.

e: She was made redundant. Here's some actual info + speculation http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/20/shelly-bond-fired-from-dc-vertigo/
Stupid Eisners.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 21, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm surprised Vertigo still exists. It's really obvious someone high up at DC wants it gone.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh drat. Marguerite Sauvage is filling in on Unfollow.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/unfollow-7-vertigo-2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm two volumes into my biennial reading of 100 Bullets and drat, if ever there was a series suited for a tv adaptation it's this one. I just wrapped up the Counterfifth Detective and Milo Garret is the kind of lead character I could easily see fronting an HBO series. I am shocked that 15 years after the debut there hasn't been some action towards a tv or film.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It's a great series and that's one of my favorite arcs in comics. Unfortunately I think 100 Bullets ended up spending too much time on the "main" arc and moved away from the 100 untraceable bullets storylines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

It's a great series and that's one of my favorite arcs in comics. Unfortunately I think 100 Bullets ended up spending too much time on the "main" arc and moved away from the 100 untraceable bullets storylines.

Well according to Azz that was always the goal, the main story was the conspiracy and the revenge of the betrayed Minutemen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Well according to Azz that was always the goal, the main story was the conspiracy and the revenge of the betrayed Minutemen.

Oh I know, it just would have been nice to have a few interspersed through the final half of the run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Oh I know, it just would have been nice to have a few interspersed through the final half of the run.

He's teased a few times that he'd like to do another mini set during the main run with just a few revenge tales but Risso isn't ready to do it yet.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
I finished reading hellblazer. I can't be the only one who thought the ending was a complete letdown. Seriously what went wrong?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mystery Steve posted:

I finished reading hellblazer. I can't be the only one who thought the ending was a complete letdown. Seriously what went wrong?

Dan Didio wanted John back in the DCU.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Dan Didio wanted John back in the DCU.

Was it worth it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mystery Steve posted:

Was it worth it?

No. The run that just ended was good, but it could have been in the Vertigo universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mystery Steve posted:

Was it worth it?

bobkatt013 posted:

No. The run that just ended was good, but it could have been in the Vertigo universe.

Yeah no. The N52 Constantine books are good but it wasn't worth ditching 300 issues of the "real" John.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC You series was good. They removed him in the end, but he had a legit male love interest the whole time.
The upcoming Rebirth series looks dope. Moritat's a great fit.
http://www.newsarama.com/29954-rebirth-s-hellblazer-a-johnnie-walker-fueled-journey.html

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I know Young Animal is the belle of the alt-DC ball right now, but Clean Room is on such a hot streak and deserves more love from the weird-horror crowd.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And I'll say with the Comixology BOGO sale ending in a day, it's your time to finally get on Unfollow and Sheriff of Babylon!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 23, 2016

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Thanks for mentioning Unfollow! Scooped up everything from after I cut it out (hard to keep biting the $4 bullet).

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm two volumes into my biennial reading of 100 Bullets and drat, if ever there was a series suited for a tv adaptation it's this one. I just wrapped up the Counterfifth Detective and Milo Garret is the kind of lead character I could easily see fronting an HBO series. I am shocked that 15 years after the debut there hasn't been some action towards a tv or film.

not to sound pretentious but I really doubt TV could capture the nuance of that book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

not to sound pretentious but I really doubt TV could capture the nuance of that book.

Have you watched From Dusk til Dawn the series? It's pretty close to what I imagine a 100B styled show could be.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Have you watched From Dusk til Dawn the series? It's pretty close to what I imagine a 100B styled show could be.

No, but what a bizarre circumstance if true

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Good God, that Sheriff of Babylon conclusion.

There is no real mystery, just a cycle of violence and whatever stage of it you happen to witness. Everyone else is complicit and either in denial about it or comfortable with it.

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Gerard Way's thing got announced, but it's not Vertigo. He's heading a whole other imprint.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/eccc-dc-entertainment-all-access

Dunno what it says about Vertigo that they're making a new thing instead of putting these out as Vertigo :ohdear:

Time to finally read all the Shade comics I got at that last Comixology sale.

Just started Shade from 1990 and it's super good. Peter Milligan is a pretty decent writer but I guess he just got super overshadowed by the rest of the British invasion with Alan Moore and Grant Morrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's a new thread for Vertigo along with the Young Animal stuff.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789182&pagenumber=3

• Locked thread