Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That video is great. I need to forget about it before I start sending it to colleagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Whatever it was, it seems to just 404 now :(

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Volmarias posted:

Whatever it was, it seems to just 404 now :(

Looks like you just got reorganised, sorry for your loss.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

dpkg chopra posted:

The company sends a monthly “recognitions” email. Literally all of them are “So and so routinely stays after hours or logs in on weekends to make sure we meet quota. What a team player!”.

Thinking of collaging the most egregious ones, pasting them in the next town hall chat, and asking how this matches with the CEO’s directive that no one should be working more than their regular hours.

I’m bored enough here that I might actually do it, too.

Every time I see one of these I just feel bad for the people being recognized. Especially when they sprinkle in language about how "Soandso does this willingly without any complaints." Like lol and lmao.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Every time I see one of these I just feel bad for the people being recognized. Especially when they sprinkle in language about how "Soandso does this willingly without any complaints." Like lol and lmao.

“I would also like to add that EMPLOYEE was available to take calls during their vacation to ensure the customer got everything they needed while they were away.”

“EMPLOYEE is proactively downloading these records during off time beyond their shift hours so that we save production time and can directly jump on processing of records and deliver quotes quickly”

“EMPLOYEE is very customer-centric and delivers all assignments with 100% quality. They have contributed 50.75 hours as overtime which is great. By achieving this goal, the team became more profitable, resulting in the opportunity to deliver more.”

Most of these are from the India service so maybe it’s just a cultural thing.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

dpkg chopra posted:

“I would also like to add that EMPLOYEE was available to take calls during their vacation to ensure the customer got everything they needed while they were away.”

“EMPLOYEE is proactively downloading these records during off time beyond their shift hours so that we save production time and can directly jump on processing of records and deliver quotes quickly”

“EMPLOYEE is very customer-centric and delivers all assignments with 100% quality. They have contributed 50.75 hours as overtime which is great. By achieving this goal, the team became more profitable, resulting in the opportunity to deliver more.”

Most of these are from the India service so maybe it’s just a cultural thing.

I love that they're compiling all this evidence for EMPLOYEE's eventual wage theft lawsuit in such a convenient form.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

docbeard posted:

I love that they're compiling all this evidence for EMPLOYEE's eventual wage theft lawsuit in such a convenient form.

I don't think wage theft is real in India. India white collar work culture is hosed up in a performative way.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
To be clear these are all different EMPLOYEEs

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Looks like you just got reorganised, sorry for your loss.

"Suddenly unable to access company resources" is literally how I found out that I was being laid off, so...

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

One of my direct reports is a go-getter to a fault. He's regularly volunteering for work "extracurriculars" - employee satisfaction committees, DE&I clubs, moderating an ERG panels, etc. This has certainly gotten him lots of high-level exposure, but it has also puts a ton on his plate, so I've been coaching him on how to assess these opportunities against his workload before volunteering. Because the last thing I need is for him to get burnt out due to his own eagerness.

Today, we were on an org meeting, and the Director was asking for volunteers for some BS committee and specifically called on my report by name (because people know that he's historically loved that poo poo). My report replied "I'll need to look at my upcoming workload and get back to you if I have bandwidth."

Saying no without saying no. I'm so proud.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

A Tale of Two Companies

Company my wife is joining: onboarding portal for things like background check and policy training, she picked her preferred laptop a few weeks back in it, when she got a shipping email it was accompanied by instructions to not turn it on when received and to wait for a Zoom call to ensure all IT prerequisites were done, came with a company backpack

Company my wife is leaving: she gave two weeks notice but apparently her boss didn’t actually flag she was leaving to HR until a week later. She asked about returning her laptop and they said she would probably get something about it. It’s been just over two weeks since her last day and she still has the laptop and has gotten no return information.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Cael posted:

A Tale of Two Companies

Company my wife is joining: onboarding portal for things like background check and policy training, she picked her preferred laptop a few weeks back in it, when she got a shipping email it was accompanied by instructions to not turn it on when received and to wait for a Zoom call to ensure all IT prerequisites were done, came with a company backpack

Company my wife is leaving: she gave two weeks notice but apparently her boss didn’t actually flag she was leaving to HR until a week later. She asked about returning her laptop and they said she would probably get something about it. It’s been just over two weeks since her last day and she still has the laptop and has gotten no return information.

I've been in this employers shoes before where I sent someone a $1000-when-new laptop, they used it for a year and are now leaving: As long as I can remotely lock it I don't care about the (now) $600 asset she's holding. Returning it means $300 in IT team work to receive, track, unpack, wipe and install our image to ready it for the next person so that $300 savings from returning ranks roughly bottom on the priority list.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
In that case it's worth having a way to remotely wipe it and tell them to enjoy their free laptop.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
When I got laid off with 20% of my last company, they let us keep the laptop in addition to the rest of the severance. Pretty good real for me given it was a M1 Max with 64gb of memory. Turns out it retails for four grand!

But like CFP said, dealing with that many laptops coming back to an office probably wasn’t worth it for them. Nice machine and really good at playing Balatro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Arquinsiel posted:

In that case it's worth having a way to remotely wipe it and tell them to enjoy their free laptop.

All companies prob have a way to remotely wipe it. It ruffles certain feathers to not get it back plus you don’t know for sure it got wiped.