Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

:justpost::posthaste:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Nice piece of fish posted:

I don't think he posted any and I'm very sure there are multiples

He posted one, quoted on one of the last few pages

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

OK I'm ready to post #13. New thread names?

Also I have a pretty good list of lawyers I know from the thread, but if we want to add more details on experiences in law school/lawyering we can add that.

Can a mod tell me if there is some kind of protocol for posting one of these megathreads?

I'm no mod but the protocol is :justpost:, the OP can be edited if needed

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hoshi posted:

He posted one, quoted on one of the last few pages

Nice piece of fish posted:

What, this?

So Tipps was basically right?

So what it sounds like is that you went and e-mailed someone again. You know you're not supposed to do that. It's blatantly obvious to this thread that you are not good with e-mails, and that you very obviously can not handle the awesome responsibility and power of non-verbal communication with women. Stop with the e-mails. Stop it!

But hey, here's a thing to consider: We're in 2018 now. It's #metoo-land now, and people are reporting people for everything and anything under the sun. You've obviously done something to elicit this reaction, which might be any old thing morally dubious or not, and now she obviously thinks she has something to report. So as to 1), that doesn't matter because you hosed up somehow or she's crazy and that's the situation now. As for 2), tough luck. She's made it explicitly clear that you are not to contact her in any way, or else. Do not contact her in any way, or else. Learn to live with and learn from your mistakes, and take a good long look at just exactly what it is that makes you prone to these situations happening to you. If you're the common denominator in all of these situations, entertain the idea that it might be you.

Now post the e-mails.

We are waiting on these emails still.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Phil Moscowitz posted:

OK I'm ready to post #13. New thread names?

Also I have a pretty good list of lawyers I know from the thread, but if we want to add more details on experiences in law school/lawyering we can add that.

Can a mod tell me if there is some kind of protocol for posting one of these megathreads?

Lawyer & Law School Megathread #13 E-mails aren't self-authenticating but my love for them is

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
New thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865334

Lol I hosed up the title, if a mod wants to put the "lawyer & law school" part in the right order I have a feeling it would greatly help with the thread's OCD, thank you.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 7, 2018

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Sup, I’m in-house litigation, not government. Unfortunately.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Great title.

If you want to edit and add me, I'm a new (May 2017) grad, was a public defender for 10 months, now working as a county prosecutor

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Linguica needs to do a guest post to close the thread.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
:allbuttons:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 13, 2021

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If anyone remembers really good informational posts they or others made, let me know so I can get them in the OP.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I think you missed me, but I'm only a sometimes poster (though I constantly lurk). Mid-law corporate litigation, been out since 2013.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Yeah I know I missed people. Anyone I forgot please pipe up so we can get an accurate headcount of morons

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
You can add me, big city criminal defence in Canada since 2011.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I do real estate litigation, commercial litigation, and general civil litigation but I'll be goddamned if you omit "traffic ticket attorney" from my listing

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm just a school boy with a dream of big city litigating

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Do I count? I'm probably going to get admitted within the next couple of months and don't intend to practice law if I can possibly avoid it, so I feel like it could go either way.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
I do general litigation at an “eat what you kill” firm

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
If you make a new thread - just have one link to Auto Admit and let people see the racist incel underbelly that makes up the majority of the legal profession, pin it and close it - no one will ever become a lawyer after that and we will have done our duty to protect the children from attorneys.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

This is my 2000th and final post in this thread. Goodbye old friend.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
My first post: Aug 12, 2014 04:32pm to My last post: August 8, 2018 08:38am

Goodnight, sweet thread.

There, you happy?

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 8, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
do you think the thread only existed when you were posting in it????

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

Soothing Vapors posted:

do you think the thread only existed when you were posting in it????

I will always hate you.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jesus gently caress this thread is eight years old

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HiddenReplaced posted:

I will always hate you.

u came in (me) like a wrecking ball

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

STOP POSTING IN THIS loving THREAD I WANT IT TO GO TO ARCHIVES ALREADY

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

evilweasel posted:

jesus gently caress this thread is eight years old
Did it make partner yet?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Phil Moscowitz posted:

You're not my mom.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I'm sorry. I'll stop posting when we finally get the emails

I totally won't though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I will never let this thread die and Linguica will never come back to close it

checkmate old man