Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

The Lord Bude posted:

I was gonna say people don’t normally poo poo themselves, but I’ve worked in retail long enough to know that isn’t the case nearly as often as I’d like it to be.

Yeah. I take great solace in that no matter how bad the future may be, may get, if I somehow reach an advanced old age, and grocery stores are still around, I will never, ever be at risk of dying of constipation. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
For gently caress's sakes, didn't even start my second week here and I already got called in for a "we need you here now" call in

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

LOL, new security guy today. I work in one of the Amazon centers that has security on the way out because we handle poo poo that people keep thinking they can steal. I used to think this was normal until I got promoted/transferred to transportation where I can be sent to entirely separate facilities to cover driver shortages.

Anyways, most of the security crew know about us transportation people. Especially the ones that do shifts sleeping in staffing the guard shacks for the trailer yards, or do security walks in the yard. They generally don't give us too hard of a time unless we actually set off the metal detector. To avoid that I've personally taken to tossing my phones into my bag. Yes, phones plural: part of being Amazon Transportation is having an Amazon owned iPhone welded to your hip to do all your paperwork in.

New guy sees two phones in my bag when it goes through the X-Ray machine. "Sir! Do you have two phones?"

"Yes. I'm TOM Team."

Normally this would be the end of it: security notices my orange vest (denoting I've been promoted and can have all sorts of odd tasks such as being a good home for an adopted phone) and asks a few questions mainly out of curiosity. This guy was obviously thinking he made it big: he just started and he already caught a thief! One who's using his vaunted position to get away with stealing stuff.

"Sir! I'm going to have ask you to unlock these phones to prove that they are yours!" At which point the other guard working the other X-ray machine tuns around, looks at who he's talking to and rolls her eyes.

Normally I wouldn't get too worked up about it but the way he was getting all rabid guard dog got to me. As was the disappointed sad face he made when I casually unlocked both and walked away. Dude really thought he had a thief.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wonder how many times that guy has applied to be a cop

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

That's basically how I felt.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is why you always leave goatse up when you lock your phones.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

For gently caress's sakes, didn't even start my second week here and I already got called in for a "we need you here now" call in

Got another call today. Said no because I need to get things done that I was going to do yesterday before I work the next few days I was actually scheduled for

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Was stranded at work for 2 hours tonight because the cops shut down my only walking route home and no-one working the rest of the overnight drove. Feels great walking past a large bloodstain where the road was shut down and having to keep thinking about the next day’s work.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
On the bright side; the large bloodstain was not inside the store. Those are a pain in the rear end to clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Now that I'm a yard dog I no longer get to deal with the bullshit of being labor shared between departments because some corporate jackasses think it's best to scramble people around and piss them off. Instead I get labor shared between buildings! Which is honestly way better and pays mileage.

I have building and yard access to three sites. My home Amazon FC site (yard is small and busy), an AMXL site (yard is loving ginormous and there's barely enough work to keep 2 drivers from falling asleep but policy demands those two drivers) and a Sort Center. Despite doing my training at the latter I really haven't driven there much beyond some initial familiarization with the hostlers.

I have to say that I dislike this yard. It's tiny and cramped and has hills which just complicates everything. Love trying to park a trailer only you have to get your wheels right up to a 10 foot drop to get the angle you need to back it in. Also fun was disconnecting from a trailer and hearing it wanting to slide sideways because the entire parking spot is tilted. I quickly learned all the absolutely cursed spots in the yard and used my override to move any parking location I didn't like. Which was a lot of them because the system really wanted to put trailers in spots 401 and 402 (the aforementioned "get right up to that drop if you want to have a hope of parking here" spots) or 801/802 (Hey you just came down a hill and the rear end of your trailer is up in the air and really wants to keep going down as you try to maneuver).

Though going by lean of some of these trees in the yard, they have some SWIFT winds coming through: