Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I've never really paid attention to the collectible minifig series but saw some in my grocery store the other day and ...drat, you guys are paying $10 a pop for these things? Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m paying $5 a pop, you’re getting robbed if you pay $10.

I remember when they were $2 a pop :negative:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m paying $5 a pop, you’re getting robbed if you pay $10.

I remember when they were $2 a pop :negative:

That's way better. I guess it's just Albertson's price gouging.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm not sure what else they would do for Dune sets. Doing a sand worm justice would be impossible. A small duel set with the Emperor, Feyd, Chani, Irulan, and Paul would be cool for figures, but I don't know how you would make the build interesting.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There's another movie coming so it wouldn't surprise me if there's another set.
But what, dune is pretty people focused

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

deoju posted:

I'm not sure what else they would do for Dune sets. Doing a sand worm justice would be impossible. A small duel set with the Emperor, Feyd, Chani, Irulan, and Paul would be cool for figures, but I don't know how you would make the build interesting.

Stud-scale Arrakis planet, with each stud being a grain of sand.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
My VIP points vintage Lego Space cap arrived. It's fake pre-aged.

I think I will get a fair bit of wear out of this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh that's cool. Never even saw it. I'm guessing it is gone already?

E: looked it up. I'm guessing you bought that on ebay or something. Those were available 2 years ago.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh that's cool. Never even saw it. I'm guessing it is gone already?

E: looked it up. I'm guessing you bought that on ebay or something. Those were available 2 years ago.

No, I literally cashed in VIP points last week and it came from lego.com today. It is in their point shop. You get a code when you spend the points and then you apply the code with a purchase to receive the item.

e: it's specifically named AUNZ so it may be only for this region. Sorry if so!

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 23, 2024

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SadisTech posted:

No, I literally cashed in VIP points last week and it came from lego.com today. It is in their point shop. You get a code when you spend the points and then you apply the code with a purchase to receive the item.

Ah, it was in a different section. I see it now. But yeah, it was first made available 2 years ago. Dunno if it is back or just constantly in stock. That also explains all the new ones on ebay.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SadisTech posted:

Haha that Octan one is great

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Chris Knight posted:

Haha that Octan one is great

Agreed, I ended up cashing in some points for it. It will be a great hat for cars and coffee. I picked up the Insects set since I needed to buy something to be able to cash it in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What do you guys think would be a good local price for a UCS Sandcrawler*? I'm gonna sell some sets and I have the sandcrawler, but I got it from a friend and even though the set is otherwise complete, there are no minifigs or physical instructions. Ebay isn't really helping because similar sales are all people asking like $400 with best offer accepted . I'm thinking something like $150-200 since it's missing the figs. Does that sound good? Trying t think of a price that will move it quickly without being too low.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Paper bags! I don't object, just feels like a big change.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can immediately see a problem with paper bags: you can't see if there is a piece stuck in the corner. Gonna have to be more diligent with feeling the bags after pouring to make sure they are empty. I'd bet that LEGO starts getting lots more "missing" pieces claims after the paper bags become the norm.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I mean they’re paper, just tear them completely open

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Just set them on fire and then separate the pieces from the ash

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

What do you guys think would be a good local price for a UCS Sandcrawler*? I'm gonna sell some sets and I have the sandcrawler, but I got it from a friend and even though the set is otherwise complete, there are no minifigs or physical instructions. Ebay isn't really helping because similar sales are all people asking like $400 with best offer accepted . I'm thinking something like $150-200 since it's missing the figs. Does that sound good? Trying t think of a price that will move it quickly without being too low.

Bricklink is showing $300+ for no minifigs which I’d never pay. $200 is reasonable for a local, no fees sale.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Pee on Wet the bags to reveal the missing lego pieces.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

PowerBeard posted:

Pee on Wet the bags to reveal the missing lego pieces.

love a smack barm pea wet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

SadisTech posted:

At the Bricks and Minifigs store near me they sell a variety of iron on patches. I've got a classic space one. I can't remember the brand name though. I'll try to remember next time I'm there.