Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

That too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The COVID lockdowns also galvanized a certain type of person to cut off their nose to spite someone else's face, which this seems a prime example of. So it's fair to point out that some people just broke and can't seem to fix themselves.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I followed a few fitness people on instagram prior to 2020. Just normal meat heads who would post like "try this lunge if you're having tight hip flexors" or whatever. But once the gyms closed in March 2020 a few of them who never ever posted anything other than like, gym routine stuff did a speedrun to going fully insane by June of 2020. It was very funny but also scary and depressing!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The last four to eight years have truly broken a lot of people. Since the start of 2020 I have watched and heard stories about an aunt of mine going from a standard-issue Midwestern Conservative shithead to a lunatic conspiracy theorist that barely anyone else in the extended family - even the ones with the same politics she had - can stand to speak to in person.

She's not the only person I know who fell down this route. There was a guy whose family I was good friends with when I lived in SE Minnesota who went full QAnon, and he ended up losing his job, his wife, and his two kids shortly after Biden was elected. He just lost his drat mind, and he didn't even need drugs or alcohol to do it.