Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'll reinstall and see what I can toss out to HoM collectors

What's your name in gw2 or gw1? I'll be around most of the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Erdricks posted:

What's your name in gw2 or gw1? I'll be around most of the weekend.

The Pillow Armadllo. Look for me in-game this afternoon.

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 29, 2014

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Pillow Armadillo posted:

The Pillow Armadllo. Look for me in-game this afternoon.

Just gonna leave this here:

Mending Cleave Chillblains.
http://youtu.be/UEeDT928m5E

The Sound of Cleaving.
http://youtu.be/3ERK-zUhiq8

Is Torn Curtains and Broken Flutes fanfic still probationable? LLJK won 4th place in a Guild Wars fanfiction contest for that sick, sick story. I think I still have it on my old computer...

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Finally got my account back despite not knowing any of my account details. As expected, I was terrible at the game and have nothing in the HoM :v:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
If you want/need some help running around drop me a line: Shosuro in GW2 or Zorander Nefar in GW1. I'm on GW2 far more often than GW1 but I'm still working my way to GWAMM and Champion of the Gods (I wasn't nearly as far away as I'd feared, it turns out)

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 12, 2014

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Hit me up on The Pillow Armadillo for goon HoM action. Doing the same.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Just gonna leave this here:

Mending Cleave Chillblains.
http://youtu.be/UEeDT928m5E

The Sound of Cleaving.
http://youtu.be/3ERK-zUhiq8

Is Torn Curtains and Broken Flutes fanfic still probationable? LLJK won 4th place in a Guild Wars fanfiction contest for that sick, sick story. I think I still have it on my old computer...

You forgot http://youtu.be/wHQA5r1xeVg

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

The Guildwars Gospel, According to Spacko
by LLJKGOFUK

Ch. 1

It was Saturday morning.

The sun had finally completed it's climb to the edge of the horizon, able to see across the plane of the land it gazed upon for the first time since the night had fallen. The first dim rays swept along the grass and gravel roads leading up to the prince's spring cottage, warming the moss that grew where the warm mud walls met with the earth, blending the line between nature and architecture. Somewhere to the east, the bells found on the collars of sheep clanged chiming in the sunny, lazy day.

Rurik blinked his eyes moments after the rays crept through the four panes of the kitchen window, crawled across the rug covered wood planks of the kitchen itself, slipped up the edge of the bedroom and quickly climbed the large bed to warm his face. He smiled softly and breathed in the morning. Rurik stretched, sliding his hips backwards just enough for his penis to gently slip out of Koss's anus where it had been buried throughout the night like some hibernating forest creature. It flopped wetly against the Elonian sheets as they slid across his body, raising the hairs on his legs and chest. Smiling at the still-sleeping warrior, Rurik got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. It was the morning after their 2 year anniversary and Rurik had planned on making strawberry pancakes .

They were Koss's favorite.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I'm Brunnhilde Ver Two in GW1 and Brunnhilde in GW2. I'm mostly in GW1 at this point. Can help others out with gear, random crap to hawk in kamadan, etc...

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

I checked my inventory, and I've got a lot of undedicated minis, combat consumables, summoning stones, xp scrolls, and green weapons. BTW survivor is very easy if you have a mesmer or assassin and haven't done it yet.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Pedestrian Xing posted:

BTW survivor is very easy if you have a mesmer or assassin and haven't done it yet.

Oh yeah? I've been considering going back and bumping up from 36 to 40. What changed?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Added Brunnhilde on GW1.

Playing nightly to finish Cartography, Vanquisher and Hard Mode. Also trying to beat EotN and clear out my quest list.

Should keep me busy. Playing mainly Me/W and Charging around Alliance Battles ha

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Pedestrian Xing posted:

I checked my inventory, and I've got a lot of undedicated minis, combat consumables, summoning stones, xp scrolls, and green weapons. BTW survivor is very easy if you have a mesmer or assassin and haven't done it yet.

What is the preferred method of doing it on an assassin? Vaettirs with shadow form and LB scrolls? I was doing that the weekend before GW2 came out, then my internet had a tantrum within the last 100k exp. I'm just about ready to try again, but is there a better way? I'm still on a dodgy connection, so anything that isn't going to wipe out days of work in one weird blip would be better.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Zenzirouj posted:

Oh yeah? I've been considering going back and bumping up from 36 to 40. What changed?

They changed it to not be permanently lost if you ever die, but that was a long time ago. Mesmer/sin can farm with shadow form and wastrels worry (I think,can't look at builds right now). Its on pvxwiki. If you use xp scrolls, you can get it in under 3 hours while watching a movie or something.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I was thinking of going back and checking out some of the stuff I totally skipped during my HoM grind like DoA and Urgoz's Warren. Is this stuff doable with heroes?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Both are technically doable with just heroes. Urgoz's Warren has a lot of gimmicks and is definitely easier if you can snag at least 1-2 other players, but either way you'll definitely want to read up before trying it.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

MooCowlian posted:

What is the preferred method of doing it on an assassin? Vaettirs with shadow form and LB scrolls? I was doing that the weekend before GW2 came out, then my internet had a tantrum within the last 100k exp. I'm just about ready to try again, but is there a better way? I'm still on a dodgy connection, so anything that isn't going to wipe out days of work in one weird blip would be better.

There are afk setups for farming mobs in the Gate of Madness mission. This one seems to be the most reliable I can find. Don't use the one in the PvXwiki mainspace because it apparently doesn't work now (not sure what exactly needs fixing with it either).

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Haha, all the survivor farming methods sounded familiar and I realized that I already did it :frog:

I wish there was tracking for PvP titles way back when the game launched. I played the hell out of HoH back when PvP actually happened.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I just watched that AFK farm and holy crap. I got my Legendary Survivor back before the change but picked it up again on a lark doing the Vattir farm some years ago on my Necro.

Managed to craft my Vabbian armour and pick up all the shards required for Obby. Finally got my Zaishen to Rank 3 as well. Getting closer to GWAMM and Champion of the Gods (though those consumable titles are going to bankrupt me).

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 15, 2014

Spankydoodle
Jun 15, 2002

I think I was poor when I did that title, so I just did the Punch-Out over and over.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Is there still a guild? Just reinstalled and want to bump up to 35 or 40.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Roflex posted:

no goon guild. i've got a pretty big alliance, it's a good group of people: [LGiT]. Try asking around in Kamadan or message Sabia I or The Reborn M Onk

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Roflex posted:

I'm in a guild of one atm. Happy to invite any and all remaining players, as long as you're cool with rolling Luxon

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Kurzicks forever :colbert:

Look me up in-game: Zorander Nefar (GW1)

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Awesome! posted:

I was thinking of going back and checking out some of the stuff I totally skipped during my HoM grind like DoA and Urgoz's Warren. Is this stuff doable with heroes?

It is totally possible! My girlfriend and I did both very recently with just the two of us and a shitton of heroes and we did really well! Just pay attention to the effects of each room in the faction dungeons, they can really gently caress you over if you're not prepared for them.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
44 points. Everything else on my way to Champion of the Gods come down to farming a crap ton of cash and ecto. I have 14 other Destroyer/Oppressor/Tormented weapons left to pick up and Obsidian Armour. But after that? I'll be done!

Spent almost all of my cash and ecto tonight picking up sweets and party points, finishing off both of those titles. I hope Vanquishing will help fill my current empty wallet, but I'll tell you it feels real good to be even this close.

(Edit: That said, if anyone wants to buy Primeval Armor Remnants, I have like 60 of them left)

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is vanquishing lucrative? It's not on my roadmap, but I'm tempted to do something that isn't farming vaettirs and trying to find people who still need unidentified golds.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
For the most part, I enjoyed vanquishing since was going for the title and so only had to do each zone once. I would also double up by doing areas that had the daily bonus and/or the weekend faction bonus to work on those titles as well. There were a few zones that felt kinda tedious.

Be sure to bring 2-3 copies of Fall Back between you and your heroes as moving around the map takes up as much time as killing dudes. Don't use a minion master as they'll just slow you down.

whydirt fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 23, 2014

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

FreshFeesh posted:

44 points. Everything else on my way to Champion of the Gods come down to farming a crap ton of cash and ecto. I have 14 other Destroyer/Oppressor/Tormented weapons left to pick up and Obsidian Armour. But after that? I'll be done!

Spent almost all of my cash and ecto tonight picking up sweets and party points, finishing off both of those titles. I hope Vanquishing will help fill my current empty wallet, but I'll tell you it feels real good to be even this close.

(Edit: That said, if anyone wants to buy Primeval Armor Remnants, I have like 60 of them left)

I'll take 10 of em. Sorry I got distracted last night!

D-Rider
Dec 18, 2009
So...what's the best way for a completely broke player to scrounge up three HoM points? I just want a black moa for my GW2 ranger, man.

Here's where I'm at.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably like one armor set and two more points from clothing heroes. do war in kryta if you haven't yet.

e: actually cheapest would be just finishing the campaigns with master ranks to fill your honor monument for 3 points. that will probably take longer though depending on how much help you get on hero armors.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 24, 2014

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The armour/weapons would be expensive, but quickest if you have the cash. One rare minipet would get you another point as well. I'd go with Awesome!'s suggestion of finishing the missions on all three continents in both Normal Mode and Hard Mode. They can be solo'd with heroes for the most part, though it may take a few days of doing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you don't even have to do them in hard mode. You get one thing for finishing each of the three campaigns and then one more each for normal mode master ranks in factions/nightfall. Also remember you only have to do the last 4(?) missions in prophecies for it to count as complete.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Ah that's right, he just needs the 4 titles. So Eternal Guardian|Protector x2 and finishing the other two campaigns

D-Rider
Dec 18, 2009
Thanks for the advice, guys. Looks like I was going the wrong way about it. I focused on beating Eye of the North, only to find out it doesn't count. :P

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Does anyone have a hero team build that should work for getting me to the Eternal Forgemaster in the Fissure of Woe? I finally collected enough materials to make my Obsidian Armour and I want to be done with it already :)

Edit: Never mind, found a PUG to do it with. 49 points! Now to finish Vanquishing which will net me both GWAMM and Champion of the Gods! *whew*

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 27, 2014

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Oh. I already had the Zaishen title, I just never bothered to dedicate it. So I just need one more point and another Honor title will do that. Which rep title do you guys think would be easiest? Or would trying to hero through Urgoz be better? I hate the gimmicks there, but if there's a reasonably foolproof method, I might give that a shot. I have no patience for wiping and starting over, though, so I might take the longer, safer path of a rep title. I seem to recall people saying Delver is the quickest/easiest.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hey guys, I have a Prophecies-only character who never finished the campaign... but I bought all the other campaigns way back in the day. Could someone invite IGN "Tyrix Belmont"? I apparently have three HoM points!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Could someone invite IGN "Tyrix Belmont"?

there is no goon guild in this game anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
That said though I'll add you to my friend's list when next I log in; I'm sure I can toss some things your way to contribute toward HoM points.

• Locked thread