Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Looks like Front 242 are calling it quits too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It felt impending. So glad I got to finally see them a couple years ago.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

finally both al and jean-luc demeyer will have the time to form an industrial super group

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Does anyone know a good app or site to find similar songs or bits of songs? I'm listening to Anne Clark's Our Darkness, and the opening before she starts singing sounds really really familiar, but I can't place it.

Edit: Lol. It's Rammstein's Deutschland.

https://www.facebook.com/anne.clark...57467299653641/

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 29, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
New Ministry today.

Totally forgot I have Ministry/Gary Numan/FLA tickets this month.

Most excited to see Gary Numan, even if I don't really listen to his stuff very often.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 1, 2024

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Kaddish posted:

New Ministry today.

Totally forgot I have Ministry/Gary Numan/FLA tickets this month.

Most excited to see Gary Numan, even if I don't really listen to his stuff very often.

Same. I have only a middling interest in an FLA set (hopefully they do some bangers off of TNI) and I've seen Ministry enough to know what to expect there as well.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Numan is a showman. He puts on a great show. Ive seen him a few times and he never disappoints.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Numan announced a mini UK tour which sold out so quickly he's added about five more dates, and in different cities. Looking forward to it as I (first and) last saw him in 2019 - I had a ticket for the acoustic shows last October but was very ill.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'd love to go to Ministry/Gary Numan/FLA, but not for $200+ :negative:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

KMFDM played Naive last night for the first time since 94 and played Go To Hell. Honestly while it might be an album tour it's a pretty good spread of tracks. Can't wait for the Baltimore show i'm expecting not much change for the set lists over the next few nights.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Photex posted:

KMFDM played Naive last night for the first time since 94 and played Go To Hell. Honestly while it might be an album tour it's a pretty good spread of tracks. Can't wait for the Baltimore show i'm expecting not much change for the set lists over the next few nights.

Who's in the touring band?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Listerine posted:

Who's in the touring band?

Selway and Blacksugar

Still don't know why they don't get a second guitarist

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The Morlocks kind of outshone KMFDM. Last time I saw them, the opener was Combichrist, who also outshone them.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

SacrificialGoat posted:

The Morlocks kind of outshone KMFDM. Last time I saw them, the opener was Combichrist, who also outshone them.

The Morlocks was fun as hell, KMFDM was really solid, double andys are great and Sascha was having some fun

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Photex posted:

The Morlocks was fun as hell, KMFDM was really solid, double andys are great and Sascha was having some fun

I like how he married that couple before the encore

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Was prepping my wife for the show tonight and she's never heard the song Cars? Never even heard of Gary Numan? What the hell, dang Millennials!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kaddish posted:

Was prepping my wife for the show tonight and she's never heard the song Cars? Never even heard of Gary Numan? What the hell, dang Millennials!

It's hosed up she's never listened to Fear Factory.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I was thinking that I hope when I'm Gary Numan's age (66), I can move like he does. Then I realized I can't move like that NOW. He put on a great show.

Al played like 6 newish songs and then all the classics. I've never seen Ministry and I think the 'new' Ministry stuff, ie, anything from the last 20 years, sounds a lot better live.

Evidently we were supposed to get an encore with Numan/Al but we did not. Sad.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 25, 2024

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxDriPLyBqo

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
assuming this is the catch-all darkwave thread

Cherry Red Announces “No Songs Tomorrow – Darkwave, Ethereal Rock, and Coldwave 1981-1990” Box Set

post-punk.com posted:

Cherry Red Records, home to some of the most cherished names in independent, underground music, has just announced a new four-disc CD boxset, this time turning their focus to the ever-present darkwave movement, which began in the late 1970s/early 1980s and still permeates the post-punk scene to date. Titled No Songs Tomorrow – Darkwave, Ethereal Rock, and Coldwave 1981-1990 and curated once more by our very own Frank Deserto, the box focuses on the early years of the darkwave movement, featuring a healthy blend of both American and European artists. The box will be released on May 31st, 2024 and is now available for pre-order via Cherry Red’s website.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maybe I don't know enough about early Suicide Commando but I was surprised to see him on here.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe I don't know enough about early Suicide Commando but I was surprised to see him on here.

I did not know this until I looked it up, but apparently "Suicide Commando" is is a 1981 song by German band No More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1vrty3du8

Cherry Red are terrific curators and listening to their playlists is always an education for me, so I am excited to check the collection out when it is released

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DasNeonLicht posted:

I did not know this until I looked it up, but apparently "Suicide Commando" is is a 1981 song by German band No More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1vrty3du8

Cherry Red are terrific curators and listening to their playlists is always an education for me, so I am excited to check the collection out when it is released

Oh duh that makes more sense.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU MANIACS TELL ME THE NEW PROJECT PITCHFORK ALBUM DROPPED TODAY.

I completely missed this hype cycle. Two weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnFwN3TjL8I

I follow bands on Facebook and it turns out they were posting about it for weeks, but the loving algorithm never shared them with me. I was literally on their official site yesterday trying to figure out if I can possibly see them this summer. Tour dates are up to date, but no news since 2018 or mention of Elysium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHZQoOOLaA

drat, love this track.

Also lollllllllll 36 euro shipping to Canada. Oh well.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I like it. Too bad they're not coming to NA. Probably wouldn't come to Tampa Bay anyway.

Black is still my favorite.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I need to listen to it a couple of times to have more detailed thoughts but after one listen-through I like it and I’m glad it’s finally out. Spilles almost died between the last album and this one.

Opener and Unity are pretty forgettable. Love Der Tanz’s almost Kraftwerkian sounds (those choruses needed to be like three times as loud, though!). Melancholia is gorgeous. Summer Walk is an instant Pitchfork classic and I listened to it six times in a row. Transformation also stood out on first listen. Love the fact that Spilles is so firmly back in his nature thematic, also love the copious German lyrics.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

a cyborg mug posted:

Spilles almost died between the last album and this one.
:what:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Interview in the most recent Orkus. Spilles’s feet and legs had been feeling numb despite movement and during stage performances. His doctor never looked into it further for two years. He was basically moments away from a very serious artery blockade but he got it operated on and has a prosthetic aorta now. Apparently feeling great now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Got tickets for September Front 242. I'm not expecting much, but it's their final shows so.

I saw them in 2011 in Chicago for the Wax Trax anniversary thing, but it was only a few songs. I sort of regretted not going to SP final tour, even though I've seen them 5-6 times over the years. I don't listen to 242 regularly anymore, but man were they influential when I was a lad.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’ve never even Very Seriously listened to 242 but they absolutely whip rear end live and I can only wish that I’m a quarter as energetic as Richard23 when I’m 60

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I listen to 242 a lot. Their stuff has aged great. It's still influencing artists all over the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I was so glad I got to see them in Canada a couple years ago. Dancing my rear end off to Headhunter was fantastically fun.