Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Yeah his design does just look inherently more sinister than the other main angels though. (outside of the memory-holed SMT4 designs)

https://personacentral.com/smtvv-nahobino-form-screenshots/

Going to miss Nahobino's long flowing locks when he gets a haircut / dye job in this one.
I think both the old and new Nahobino designs' costumes are a little too busy but the hair always looked good in motion.
A little disappointed to hear that the new route only features one (1) new city area, though hardly surprising given past Atlus re-releases and at least it looks like the areas from base V are being expanded and tweaked.

Also, just some trivia:
The other new demon featured besides Nahobeeho, Amabie, is a youkai associated with warning about disease, that became popular in Japan during the height of the coronavirus. It was pretty common to see more conventional anime style cute depictions of her as stuff like little statues as good luck charms or as the mascot of informational campaigns promoting hygiene things like masks and social distancing and so on.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/apr/10/amabie-japanese-twitter-sensation-yokai-pandemic-defeating-monster-hope-to-japan
So not a huge surprise to see prominently featured in an SMT game developed during corona, also Doi released the design a few years ago way before SMTVV was announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh hey, Kaneko's alive

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1782396922059509860

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like to think he's still in that field of flowers.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Would love to hear one day the inside story of what happened to all the Atlus old guard like Kaneko, Koji Okada and Tadashi Satomi* and why they left the company. When it comes to both SMT and Persona, the new games are pretty good but they are missing a certain something that the old games had.

* = obviously he left to focus full-time on his career as a pharmacy tycoon

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Isn't Kaneko just pumping out NFTs? Or am I thinking of the wrong guy?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

He did some illustrations for an NFT project a couple months ago, and he's probably going to be doing more now that he's officially working with COLOPL

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Isn't Kaneko just pumping out NFTs? Or am I thinking of the wrong guy?
I think he did some illustrations for a project.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Item Getter posted:

Would love to hear one day the inside story of what happened to all the Atlus old guard like Kaneko, Koji Okada and Tadashi Satomi* and why they left the company. When it comes to both SMT and Persona, the new games are pretty good but they are missing a certain something that the old games had.

* = obviously he left to focus full-time on his career as a pharmacy tycoon

He's done a few things since, like launching the Caligula Effect series, which I happen to like quite a bit despite its rough edges.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Stuff about Metaphor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMO-eAwvvuY

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the new Lilith design has five fingers

my powers of observation tell me that Kaneko's work is no longer that respected by the organization anymore

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm conflicted now knowing it's ARPG and I'm pretty terrible at games already :shobon:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alder posted:

I'm conflicted now knowing it's ARPG and I'm pretty terrible at games already :shobon:

It's not, it's just a game with a more fleshed out field attack system.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah it's bizarre how they make it seem like an ARPG at first with you dashing and attacking enemies.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think they allow you to do the ARPG for as long as you like, getting hits in and dodging, before then initiating the TRPG battles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They've stolen the combat system from the most recent Trails games I guess, just lets you mash down wandering mobs easily in realtime and switch to turn based for anything that needs it.

I would honestly prefer if it were just straight up action RPG lol

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I like that attack where you just ride a horse drawn cart into the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
anyone have any experience with the lion wing tabletop RPG books in the past? was considering picking up the smt ttrpg from them