Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/michael_tsb/status/1779983220819304518?s=43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A living subject in the study of why concussion protocols are necessary

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
just hanging out with my darth vader suit on the wall behind me

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Who is more brain damaged between le Tissier and Joey Barton

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Barton has always been damaged tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

cagliostr0 posted:

ricky lambert

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

kri kri posted:

Barton has always been damaged tho

I also caught this trick question.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

3.6 Bartons? Not great, not terrible.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

ricky lambert

Saw him outside liverpool town hall a few months ago kicking off about 15 minute cities and threatening to sue some local councillors for violating magna carta or some such

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

Imo le tiss has legitimate brain damage whereas barton is just a dickhead narcissist

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I love that Barton is still crying about getting utterly humiliated up in Scotland after thinking he was going to come up and be a superstar.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

and threatening to sue some local councillors for violating magna carta or some such

please tell me this is the UK equivalent of sovereign citizens

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Pretty much exactly, I think. "Freeman of the land" stuff.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Steve McClaren's real failing as England manager is that he gave Joey Barton a single cap which means people will forever refer to him as an England international

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
As a Southampton fan both Matt Le Tiss and Rickie Lambert ending up as they did makes me so sad :smith:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

There's more from that Le Tissier thing on the Football Cliches pod today. The guy talking to him is insane. I mean, that's clear from the clip I posted, but holy poo poo he's mental.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I loved Le Tiss as a player, so many iconic goals to emulate on the playground, so sad to see him like this

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

Yup, same as all the “legal name” stuff

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Please tell me that they also rant endlessly about Admiralty & Maritime Law.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Crazy Ted posted:

Please tell me that they also rant endlessly about Admiralty & Maritime Law.

no its almost exclusively about the magna carta

bunch of mothbreathers shrieking "THE BARONS NEGOTIATED THIS WITH THE KING!!!" because covid regulations meant their ball pit playpark had to be shut down

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

no its almost exclusively about the magna carta

bunch of mothbreathers shrieking "THE BARONS NEGOTIATED THIS WITH THE KING!!!" because covid regulations meant their ball pit playpark had to be shut down
Well, at least they're being ridiculous loving idiots over an actual document.

One of the central tenets of the Sovereign Citizen movement is that the gold fringes around the U.S. flags found in most courtrooms supposedly signify that the United States of America is actually running under Admiralty and/or Maritime Law, which in turn supposedly means that everyone involved in law enforcement and the court system is a foreign agent, which in turn supposedly means that almost the entire Constitution is null and void.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

I found out about that when one day the huge billboard opposite my flat had a new post about how "it's illegal to use a legal name". :confused:

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 17, 2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

To add to everyone else, virtually none of Magna Carta (and btw, it's never "the" magna carta) remains in law.

For instance, our version of property taxes would be illegal if article 61 was in law. It, obviously is not. It wasn't even in the final version of Magna Carta.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I think peak sovcit is people trying to use sovcit common law incantations in civil law countries

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

cagliostr0 posted:

I think peak sovcit is people trying to use sovcit common law incantations in civil law countries
Watching Sovereign Citizens get wrecked in courtrooms is very underrated entertainment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well 6 people just got arrested for murdering a footballer in south africa

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Jose posted:

Also 2 Premier League players were arrested outside their home ground after the match this weekend on rape charges.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jose posted:

The Finn posted:

Also 2 Premier League players were arrested outside their home ground after the match this weekend on rape charges.

Well those are two intense posts to wake up to

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Finn posted:

Is there ever a time when footballers - Declan Rice excluded - aren't being horrible with women?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Are they not even allowed to say what stadium or city? Even the player from north london was identified as north london

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

Are they not even allowed to say what stadium or city? Even the player from north london was identified as north london

North London? You mean the adopted birthplace of noted good football Thomas "The rapist" Partey among many, many other footballers I for some reason didn't just mention?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
A player in the A-League was arrested for sexual assault this week as well
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-23/angel-torres-sexual-assault-charge-mariners/103760350

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i miss when this thread was about someone crashing their lambo into a fence or punching a dj in a dispute over phil collins :sigh:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

webmeister posted:

A player in the A-League was arrested for sexual assault this week as well
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-23/angel-torres-sexual-assault-charge-mariners/103760350

about a week after he'd been talking about not renewing his contract and leaving on a bosman overseas. lad couldn't get out fast enough

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

The Finn posted:

Any idea who? I can't find anything on regular news sites and can't be arsed to rereg on X/Twitter

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

i miss when this thread was about someone crashing their lambo into a fence or punching a dj in a dispute over phil collins :sigh:

Feral footballers *shaking head gravely* and feral footballers *smiling, nodding*

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Elliptical Dick posted:

Any idea who? I can't find anything on regular news sites and can't be arsed to rereg on X/Twitter

They managed to be vague enough with the report that speculation isn't that great yet. 19 year old Premier League footballers don't have to be anyone you've ever heard of if they're just dudes with high squad numbers plopped at the end of the bench.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
My god they just cant have sex without one of their mates there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Here’s a Daily Mail article about it. It’s quite vague, as other posters have already alluded to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...olice-raid.html