Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Still lots of pubbies playing this, finding half to three quarters full lobbies in C, B and A class. Accepted a club invite to an active club with dudes who are way fatster and way better at setups than I am, maybe I'll actually finally get good (lol nah I'll just keep crashing in the dumbest ways humanly possible)

What I'm saying is, if you got Forza 4, pop that bitch in some time, it still owns bones :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I've been playing it more than 5 recently. Just so many tracks and cars that I love that didn't make it into 5. I'm tying to complete the event list.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got a 360 full time. So, I have Forza 4 and Horizon full time too.

I started 4 over because I was on a borrowed 360 till now. Top Gear and Nordschliefe never get old :w00t:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

I'm tying to complete the event list.

Completed that poo poo aeons ago. At this point the only real goal I have is setting top 1000 leaderboard times in all classes, which I've done all the way up through class B. That and just racing and having fun!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Goddamn, I grip the fuckin controller so tight in A class that I can only set a decent time at a single track before I need to put the controller down and do something else so my hands stop hurting. The increased speed at these higher tiers makes me so drat antsy that I can't not deathgrip the controller.

I might actually break the controller in my hands when I get to X class, I swear.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Does the DLC ever go on sale. I want to score the Porsche pack but with Christmas so close, it seems foolish to get it right now.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

skooma512 posted:

Does the DLC ever go on sale. I want to score the Porsche pack but with Christmas so close, it seems foolish to get it right now.

Yea, it does on occasion. I got the porsche pack for half price, I think on the Boxing day (:canada:) after it came out, and I saw the FM5 Season Pass was on special for Black Friday this year.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Keep in mine however that the DLC for Forza 2 and Forza 3 were taken down some time ago without any warning at all, so you might not want to wait too long on Forza 4's DLC as it may disappear suddenly as well and leave you screwed out of some awesome cars.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It took nearly 3 goddamn hours, but I finally posted a lap time at the Nurburgring that was under 6 minutes this morning :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If anyone is still paying attention and this thread isn't just me talking to myself, there's currently a competition in which you can win all the unicorns by beating some dude's time in a spec-built car. You have until the 23rd of the month.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ORN-PRIZES.aspx

I'd participate if I didn't already have all the unicorns.

Also the club I'm in races twice a week and has month-long hotlap competitions. That there are still people playing Forza 4 a lot is awesome and I hope they never stop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I fired Forza 4 up again for the first time in like a year. It has still held up very well, but is slowly being phased out as the top racing game. No longer as beautiful looking as it once was, but it's driving mechanics are still rock solid, the car selection is still the best of any racing game, and it's still a lot of fun to play.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Just picked up an XBOne with Forza 5 from a CoWorker but still love Forza 4 and the cars/tracks that it has that F5 does not.

Both games will continue to get some use by me so if anyone else is still racing, hope to see you in game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Finally.

I finally set decent leaderboard times on all circuit tracks in all classes. I'm gonna take something of a break by setting times on all tracks in all classes for oval, drag and P2P before moving on to my new goal of breaking into the top 100 overall circuit leaderboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cubey posted:

Finally.

I finally set decent leaderboard times on all circuit tracks in all classes. I'm gonna take something of a break by setting times on all tracks in all classes for oval, drag and P2P before moving on to my new goal of breaking into the top 100 overall circuit leaderboard.
drat, nice work. I've been working on the same thing for a while on FM5, but it doesn't have a consolidated leaderboard like that so it kind of takes the fun out of it. You basically have to look at the leaderboard for each track/class individually.

• Locked thread