Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Counterpoint, the battleship sucked rear end so it was to the remake's benefit that it was cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So as a side-tangent, obviously there's been lots said and written about RE1.5 and the myriad failed early attempts at RE4, but has there ever been anything substantial leaked or released about the original RE0 on the Nintendo 64 before development switched over to the gamecube?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Instead of remaking RE1 they should remake RE0 but make it a good game this time

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Honestly, and I quite liked the REm4ke, I feel like instead of remaking RE4 which is still perfect and basically the best game ever made, they should have just "remade" one of the scrapped versions of it. RE4make works great as a companion piece and I loved my time with it, but yeah.
Neither it nor REmake need(ed) remakes. Code Veronica sure does. They'll never touch it in a million years, nor do I think Capcom would handle it well, but honestly the original story idea of the Ashfods being ex-Nazis rather than British nobility also fit better with the real history of capitalism and its relationship with the Nazis, especially pharmaceutical companies, and especially with where retcons ended up taking Umbrella from amoral megacorp to actively eugenicist comic book villainy.

Like CV and RE5 are both really close to - by accident, no doubt - saying something intelligent about capitalism and imperialism and eugenics but never quite manage to do so.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mr E posted:

Instead of remaking RE1 they should remake RE0 but make it a good game this time

Enjoying Revelations 2 with a friend, would love for a 0 remake in that style, even if they have to break up the game into chapters. Would also allow them to remake the mansion on the sly.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So as a side-tangent, obviously there's been lots said and written about RE1.5 and the myriad failed early attempts at RE4, but has there ever been anything substantial leaked or released about the original RE0 on the Nintendo 64 before development switched over to the gamecube?

There is some footage out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSW5F_OlQqM

...and a fan demake that uses the GC assets ported to RE2 engine on PS1, but nothing more substantial to my knowledge.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Electromax posted:

There is some footage out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSW5F_OlQqM

...and a fan demake that uses the GC assets ported to RE2 engine on PS1, but nothing more substantial to my knowledge.

Outside of the changes to the assets, this basically looks exactly like what we got.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Afaik we (as in the public)never saw anything of RE0 beyond some train stuff. Some screenshots of Billy, Rebecca, zombies, Edward, zombie dogs, all on the train. I can't imagine the project got massively far into production before shifting over to gamecube. I don't even remember seeing anything about Marcus or leeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

DeadButDelicious posted:

Afaik we (as in the public)never saw anything of RE0 beyond some train stuff. Some screenshots of Billy, Rebecca, zombies, Edward, zombie dogs, all on the train. I can't imagine the project got massively far into production before shifting over to gamecube. I don't even remember seeing anything about Marcus or leeches.

Wesker was originally intended to be the villian, but they couldn't make the timeline work (and if Capcom noticed, it must have been incredibly egregious). There's concept art of "Weskers Creature", which I belive ended up becoming the Eliminators, but I can't remember if it got as far as a model.