Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

So is it possible to add ships via the SM somehow to a side? I swear there was a button somewhere but I simply can't locate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Saros posted:

So is it possible to add ships via the SM somehow to a side? I swear there was a button somewhere but I simply can't locate it.

Under the spacemaster button on the main menu bar.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Hey hey everyone! I'm back from Navy OCS and ready to get back into it with all our glorious space navy shenanigans! The god-bureaucrat of industry will not be assuaged!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Now to see how long it takes for your real life rank to catch up with the imaginary one.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Lol.
I've actually joined the Australian public service and moved to the capital.

sckye
Apr 6, 2012
Something's not working right with the images for me. This is how it appears on chrome:

If I manually open an image link in a new tab, the image displays correctly. Problem with hotlinking?

Firefox doesn't even bother to display that an image exists.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

So a few more Aurora questions;

- Is there a way to SM add ground units?
- How do you SM add officers?
- Is there a way to edit ships task force training levels?
- Multi stage missiles, how the hell do you get the second stage to go after a population, just give it thermal sensors?

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013

Saros posted:

So a few more Aurora questions;

- Is there a way to SM add ground units?
- How do you SM add officers?
- Is there a way to edit ships task force training levels?
- Multi stage missiles, how the hell do you get the second stage to go after a population, just give it thermal sensors?

1. Yes, in SA mode open the populations screen, then go to the ground forces training tab - you need to have a training facility there which you can add and remove after. There's a Create button with a text field that'll let you add any number.
2. In SA mode, open the officers screen. On the bottom, there will be an Recruit officers button. Specify how many you want and it'll add them at the lowest rank. Next few turns will have higher ranks promoted as needed
3. Yes, in SA mode open the Races screen. You can set your task force training level there on a scale of 1 to 5.
4. You monster. (Yes, need thermal sensors)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
And then what happened?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The universe underwent spontaneous mass existence failure. Or SMEF.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I definitely reccommend setting your force training level to 5 at pretty much all times, then using conscript crews for civilian ships. I have never managed to actually run out of trained crew even when spamming warships but the added crew grade is pretty handy.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I just found this LP and I'm trying to figure out why the images don't load for me. If I quote the post and copy the url and go to it directly I'll see the image, but I can't get them to show up inside the posts. Something about the personal host or something I don't know. I'm using Firefox like an idiot.

I can't be the first person to have this issue?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Some of the earlier ones seem to be missing for me as well but it gets better. I have this issue at work and there was a time where BG got his site where he hosts them blacklisted by a bunch of UK ISP's somehow.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The images are there, they show up in the awful app so it's probably some browser garbage that I'm too much of a loving idiot to figure out

Sorry

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

If I pop up to the first post, I see broken images, too. If I right click the broken image and choose "view in new tab," the images load fine. Maybe there's some sort of URL_REFERRER horseshit going on?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It looks like the image links are HTTP but as far as I know ZDR changed the forums to not load anything that isn't HTTPS, so it's probably that.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yeah I see console messages about my browser upgrading the image urls to HTTPS.

Manually going to the image url and changing it to HTTPS gives me a certificate error. The cert it is using is only valid for the hostgator (I'll assume that's his host) domains. Hooray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

GenericOverusedName posted:

Yeah I see console messages about my browser upgrading the image urls to HTTPS.

Manually going to the image url and changing it to HTTPS gives me a certificate error. The cert it is using is only valid for the hostgator (I'll assume that's his host) domains. Hooray.

Thanks for putting in some work on this, I'll see if there's anything I can change in my end.

LP isn't over, but I don't have time in my life for it right now.

I'm job searching, buying a house, engaging in local politics, and still doing all my other non-CW hobbies, so this one fell to the bottom. Disappointing I'm sure, but it will return some day.

In the meantime, might I suggest Saros's LP.

bgreman fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 31, 2017

• Locked thread