Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Virion posted:

new a ayuts by david carsn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

is there anything that will make voice input work on an ipad 2. my grandma sometimes has trouble with hers on account of parkinsons and all, and doesn't want to have to buy a new one. or maybe there is some other input assistance thing that would work? idk.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
your grandma is using the poors model ipad

grandma why?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
wow as if parkinsons isn't bad enough

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Elder Postsman posted:

is there anything that will make voice input work on an ipad 2. my grandma sometimes has trouble with hers on account of parkinsons and all, and doesn't want to have to buy a new one. or maybe there is some other input assistance thing that would work? idk.

it looks as if u need a 3 for siri but it should do dictation?

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

no siri, but there's other apps to kind of do the same thing. first, you want the google app, which can do the "okay google" dictation based search. an app like Speech Recognizer HD might be able to handle any dictation based general typing needs but i cant speak from experience on how well it will integrate with any old app like writing emails.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

thanks friends. i will try these things you have suggested. might just tell her it's best to get a shiny new ipad air 2.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

thanks friends. i will try these things you have suggested. might just tell her it's best to get a shiny new ipad air 2.

lol my uncle and i recently got grandma an ipad air 2 because i figured touchid would make it so she doesn't need to remember passwords and siri will make it so she doesn't have to navigate many things on her own so she could start getting online again since her computer has been long since outdated. i think it's still sitting next to her chair in the living room and hasn't been touched in over two months.

if it keeps up that way til i see her next month or easter at the latest, i'm gonna probably trade her my ipad air or something. it was a bad idea to start with considering how nearly a decade ago they bought themselves a Kindle DX and now that's sitting around somewhere in my house as well after they thrust it upon me, begging me to get some kind of use out of it.

god bless my grandparents, they will never be able to use anything more complicated than a light switch without calling me

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my gma rolls the quadfecta of facebook, ig, email, and words with friends

(getting her on new words was a challenge)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
my grandpa can use wiki, Google and his email but that's about it

my grandma has never touched a computer

but their entertainment system has like four separate remotes for six devices and hooooly poo poo my brain melts just thinking about it, I can't even figure out how to turn their tv off but they're goddamn wizards at programming the dvr to automatically record sumo next Sunday at 2 and then burn it to dvd

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

my mother is in her 60s and seriously honestly 100% not-joking-here has no idea how to use a computer, or much of any electronic device

my dad's been trying to fix this, got a used laptop running win7 setup for her, but hoooo boy any time i've seen him try to teach stuff to my mom...it's not good. seriously thinking about getting her an ipad next christmas. though i'll have to support that entirely because my dad is fundamentally opposed to apple, lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SO DEMANDING posted:

because my dad is fundamentally opposed to apple, lol

tell your pops to get the gently caress over it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

who dares oppose steve and his chosen successor

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

i dont often recommend apps like this but i feel that everyone should download the Japanese Emoticons app while it is free because you never know when you're going to need it
√(◦′ᆺ‵◦) ♬° ✧❥✧¸.•*¨*✧♡✧ ℒℴѵℯ ✧♡✧*¨*•.❥

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Jeff Goldblum posted:

i dont often recommend apps like this but i feel that everyone should download the Japanese Emoticons app while it is free because you never know when you're going to need it
:agreed:

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

╰U╯☜(◉ɷ◉ )

( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

duckfarts posted:

( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯

mazel tov on your sjis bris

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

jesus christ, mmmmmoooooddddssss

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Jeff Goldblum posted:

finally i get something useful out of this godforsaken thread

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
(;*´Д`)ノ

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the built in iOS keyboard already has a ton of Japanese emoticons, of course
(−_−#)(♯`∧´)
♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

(∩˃o˂∩)♡

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

(∩˃o˂∩)♡

where's the ring

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Notorious QIG posted:

(∩˃o˂∩)♡

non means no in French

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL, I finally got around to resubmitting Rocket Rover 1.2. It got rejected for not having the "Realistic Violence" rating set to "Frequent/Intense" because :supaburn: OH NOES BADLY DRAWN CARTOON GUNS THAT SHOOT LASERS :supaburn:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I'm sorry, i will talk to the ceo of itunes

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what are the good apps for an ipad air 2 by steve jorbs and his acolyte tim cork

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

theadder posted:

what are the good apps for an ipad air 2 by steve jorbs and his acolyte tim cork

game for cats

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

hello yospos

sometimes i am lazy and do not like getting out of bed

to combat this i have two alarms that go off on my phone some time apart

not all days do i require the second alarm as i am awake at the first and can get up and do my morning thing

however when this happens the second alarm will normally go off while i am in the shower which could potentially annoy the rest of my household

does anyone know of a way in ios or of an app which will let me have multiple alarms but set a state of 'im up now so dont do the alarms for the morning' without me turning off the second alarm

i am worried that turning off the second alarm i might forget to turn it back on because im lazy and stupid

tia

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
my two favorite ipad apps are noisemanglers:

werkbench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNXZbw5k_ZA

and samplr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHQ362yBUc

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

hello yospos

sometimes i am lazy and do not like getting out of bed

to combat this i have two alarms that go off on my phone some time apart

not all days do i require the second alarm as i am awake at the first and can get up and do my morning thing

however when this happens the second alarm will normally go off while i am in the shower which could potentially annoy the rest of my household

does anyone know of a way in ios or of an app which will let me have multiple alarms but set a state of 'im up now so dont do the alarms for the morning' without me turning off the second alarm

i am worried that turning off the second alarm i might forget to turn it back on because im lazy and stupid

tia

dude you have to be a part of the snoozing way of life

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

my cat is far too idle for this lol

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
YOSPOSting from iOS 8.1.3 :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
PSA: there are too many megathreads in yospos, let's get rid of all of them

this one has the least amount of boring/insane posters but its the only one i can close so

---------------------8<--------------------

• Locked thread