Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dang it quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Are all the gift rewards for maxing the female friendships underwear? God drat it, Japan.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Lammasu posted:

Are all the gift rewards for maxing the female friendships underwear? God drat it, Japan.

if its any consolation its the same for the guys :v:

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Yes, the game is completely equal opportunity here. FWIW, the entire collection was available in real-life gatcha machines in Japan (made somewhat useful by turning them into small-change pouches): https://sumally.com/p/988053

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

orenronen posted:

Yes, the game is completely equal opportunity here. FWIW, the entire collection was available in real-life gatcha machines in Japan (made somewhat useful by turning them into small-change pouches): https://sumally.com/p/988053

Lmao that whips, though byakuya's probably didn't hold much change :v:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Are boxers common in Japan? That guy in Wild Zero had weird underwear I haven't seen before.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Kazuichi Soda Where are all the white women at?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Another question. Hajime mentions never seeing a motel before. That seems really impossible from an American. I guess most long range Japanese travel is done on train?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

American-style motels aren't a thing in Japan, at all. Japan is small enough that even if you don't go by plane or bullet train (which *is* one of the most popular ways to travel), most destinations are reachable in less than a day even by car. Cheap accommodation for short stays is usually done in so-called "business hotels", which don't look or feel like motels in any way.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
I've never seen a motel in the UK, either; my first encounter with one was on a visit to California. I've always thought of them as a specifically American thing, although I suppose it's possible you get them elsewhere. You can drive the entire length of Great Britain in fifteen hours, so you're unlikely to ever take a car journey lasting more than a day here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some service stations will have a Travelodge or something attached just in case but it's not really any different from a standard hotel.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Do Japanese teenager really not have sex?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I'd be very surprised if there's any country on earth where teenagers don't have sex, though I'd suppose the frequency would be influenced by cultural norms. I'm not sure what part of DR2 implies the opposite, but whatever it is I guess I'd assume it's like how you never see American games admit that teenagers drink alcohol.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

Do Japanese teenager really not have sex?

If anime has taught me, it's only after a timeskip

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I'm halfway through trial 5 of two and the tonal whiplash is insane. Is "front tail" a Japanese euphemism or is it a localization issue?
'

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think Akane is just dumb.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Nyoro posted:

I think Akane is just dumb.

Akane offered to let Hajime feel her up. Sonia is on the one talking about front tails.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just finished 2. I was surprised to learn it was the Bioshock of visual novels. I loved it even though it fried my brain.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Danganronpa 3 is more expensive than the first 2. Does it have a lot more content?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lammasu posted:

Danganronpa 3 is more expensive than the first 2. Does it have a lot more content?

I'd say yes, it's longer (not always to its benefit imo) and has more in-depth side modes iirc

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lammasu posted:

Akane offered to let Hajime feel her up. Sonia is on the one talking about front tails.

It's a dick joke.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lammasu posted:

I don’t recall it being noticeably longer than the other two. It’s just more recent so it’s more expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
My play time on V3 is about ten hours more than my time on S2, which is itself twice my time on 1.

A few hours of that is definitely the talent program/monokuma dungeon sidegames though.