Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Biplane posted:

A death star appears in like 7 out of the 9 star war's'

You know if those stupid rebels would just stop blowing them up all the time we could've had a death solar system by now. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Fallout 3 has a super mutant factory, it's where you find Fawkes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
with the right mods you can find that everywhere

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

dr_rat posted:

You know if those stupid rebels would just stop blowing them up all the time we could've had a death solar system by now. :colbert:

I don't know, I don't think the first order (the guys who came after the empire) had the technical wherewithal to build sustainably at that scale. Even just the one planet sized death star was really pushing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Biplane posted:

I don't know, I don't think the first order (the guys who came after the empire) had the technical wherewithal to build sustainably at that scale. Even just the one planet sized death star was really pushing it.

Good news! The Emperor was still around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

A death star appears in like 7 out of the 9 star war's'

No, she's in star trek

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Aphrodite posted:

Good news! The Emperor was still around.

but how did he return

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Torquemada posted:

but how did he return

Somehow

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Baron von Eevl posted:

Fallout 3 has a super mutant factory, it's where you find Fawkes.

"Something..... TROUBLING YOU, MY FRIEND?!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My favorite part of the movie that is Fallout 3's story is when it really does pull the lovely movie cliche of having all your very capable friends refuse the test meant for you. Even the guy who's immune to being irradiated, who did it before to get a plot critical item for you. No, wanderer. It is your destiny to inhale the fart gas.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Apr 17, 2024

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Oh, it's not just the super mutant. You potentially have a robot companion, a ghoul under contract (who I do believe are immune to radiation) and a messed up slave who is still conditioned to do whatever her new master tells her to do.

All of them clearly recognize that you are the main character who needs to do a meaningful sacrifice, regardless of what your actions have been prior to that final moment.

And then a DLC gave you more options because it offered a post-game campaign. But it's not just more practical to send the super mutant/robot/ghoul to do the job, you let them do it because are obviously a coward.

"It was not until the end of this long road that the Lone Wanderer was faced with that greatest of virtues – sacrifice. But the child refused to follow the father's selfless example - instead, allowing a true hero to venture into the irradiated control chamber of Project Purity and sacrifice her own life for the greater good of mankind.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

And then a DLC gave you more options because it offered a post-game campaign. But it's not just more practical to send the super mutant/robot/ghoul to do the job, you let them do it because are obviously a coward.

"It was not until the end of this long road that the Lone Wanderer was faced with that greatest of virtues – sacrifice. But the child refused to follow the father's selfless example - instead, allowing a true hero to venture into the irradiated control chamber of Project Purity and sacrifice her own life for the greater good of mankind.

Fawkes was a real bro, and I'm fine with him getting the glory instead. :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For those here that primarily watch movies and don't play video games, don't worry! They're ALSO an excuse for the writer to work on his daddy issues. Try the last of us or the new god of war today, they're really cinematic!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why not? Like...couldn't some smart guy make a second Super Mutant factory back east?

Granted, my Fallout knowledge is limited to like 4 hours of 3, 10ish of NV, and (to my shame) like 20 hours of 4.

No, you're right. There's been multiple strains of FEV worked on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im not sure if its subtle, or im an idiot, or its not there at all, but: The Rover: the reason guy pearce starts warming to robert pattinson is cause he's basically a dog, to him. loyal, attentive, kinda dumb, but means well.