Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Malort, "new and improved recipe!"

Shrinkflation comes for all good things :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I’ve been redoing the decor in my room full of old crap computer room and decided to repurpose some old add-boards and software as shadowboxes.

I wanted to use my old Pro Audio Spectrum 16 as a sound card but it was too large to fit in the frame(that’s what she said).

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I would buy that from an Etsy shop

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

JnnyThndrs posted:

I’ve been redoing the decor in my room full of old crap computer room and decided to repurpose some old add-boards and software as shadowboxes.

I wanted to use my old Pro Audio Spectrum 16 as a sound card but it was too large to fit in the frame(that’s what she said).

Always good to have photos of your loved ones on your desk.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:hellyeah:

https://twitter.com/jonjones/status/1779901515270099222

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Lol these are not obsolete, I was researching these last year for off grid cabin living powered by a PHEV like a Jeep Wrangler. They use a lot of power. I calculated a fully charged Wrangler PHEV could only incinerate about 9 flushes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Destroilet is an awesome name.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Finally a place for my posts

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Mantle posted:

Lol these are not obsolete, I was researching these last year for off grid cabin living powered by a PHEV like a Jeep Wrangler. They use a lot of power. I calculated a fully charged Wrangler PHEV could only incinerate about 9 flushes.

Look at this chump who isn't using lasers to atomize his poops.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pity they are so inefficient, some of my bowel movements should definitely have been killed with fire for the safety of the world.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
read that as desktoilet at first

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Both are still my posting station so.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It doesn't mean much but drat if spotting a film camera in use today (with Kodak brand film) isn't nostalgic for me.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Pity they are so inefficient, some of my bowel movements should definitely have been killed with fire for the safety of the world.

Wait, you mean you aren't supposed to notify the hazmat team every time you plan to void your bowls so they can... hang on, let me get the exact wording... "Ensure that the potentially world-ending bio-matter is thoroughly and properly sterilized."?

Really inconvenient when you go camping, mind you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JnnyThndrs posted:

The Sound Blaster Sound Blaster was my favourite Sound Blaster.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The Sound Blaster Sound Blaster was my favourite Sound Blaster.

It originally said ‘sound blaster 16’, but my SB16 was also too large to fit in the frame. Those old ISA sound cards were loving enormous.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Light Gun Man posted:

I read it as Detroitlet

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

My dad has something similar at his house on the countryside, it burns the waste and turns it into ash, it works fine, have no idea if it's good for the environment or not, I assume not

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Like burning anything it's bad for the environment because it releases carbon into the atmosphere. But honestly a burn toilet is a drop in the bucket compared to the SUV he probably drives to get out there.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
poo poo... what about smoking weed? :ohdear:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kwyndig posted:

Like burning anything it's bad for the environment because it releases carbon into the atmosphere. But honestly a burn toilet is a drop in the bucket compared to the SUV he probably drives to get out there.

I bet he drops in the bucket! :dadjoke:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Kwyndig posted:

On the other hand all the carbon in your poop came from your food and before that it was in the atmosphere (possibly with some extra steps if you ate meat, etc.) So it's just part of the cycle.

Only contribution to increase in atmospheric carbon is if fossil fuels were used to produce the food and/or burn the poop. Which they probably were but it COULD be done without.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

But honestly a burn toilet is a drop in the bucket compared to the SUV he probably drives to get out there.

Combine these things to reduce your carbon footprint and boost your efficiency. :pseudo:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

goblin week posted:

poo poo... what about smoking weed? :ohdear:

What if we kissed at the weed Destroilet

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Combine these things to reduce your carbon footprint and boost your efficiency. :pseudo:

That existed at one point in time for RVs

https://www.theautopian.com/back-in...wn-the-highway/

Though I doubt it did much aside from shoot a cloud of half burner poo poo out your exhaust. And even if you only used it on the highway back then many cars didn't have air conditioning so I would hate to be stuck behind a guy burning poo poo with my windows down in the summer.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Thanks to you I will now not be satisfied until I see the version designed for the Ford Nucleon.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that it specifies invisible and not technically unsanitary but does not say that it doesn't crop dust everyone behind you with hot burned poo poo stench.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Given the reliability of automotive tech in those decades, how long until the thing would have just spewed raw sewage into the road without the driver noticing?

the driver knows loving well

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

my turn in the barrel posted:

That existed at one point in time for RVs

https://www.theautopian.com/back-in...wn-the-highway/

Though I doubt it did much aside from shoot a cloud of half burner poo poo out your exhaust. And even if you only used it on the highway back then many cars didn't have air conditioning so I would hate to be stuck behind a guy burning poo poo with my windows down in the summer.

Not that different from sitting in a train with old timey toilets with the windows down.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

If you read through the site there is more pages of the brochure and some more gems like the fact that they made a car mounted system for travel trailers.

Imagine getting to your campground and unhooking your trailer and having to unhook the line with raw sewage in it in the dark I'm sure you wouldn't get poo poo all over yourself...

Also this gem
"in the documentation from Thetford, the company warns that there can be an odor present from the vehicle’s exhaust if the holding tank wasn’t diluted with enough water or a Thetford treatment chemical called Aqua Kem. I shudder thinking about following behind an RV that smells of burning poop."

I'm picturing AquaKam being that blue disinfectant they use in porta potties. So now your exhaust is going to smell like burning poo poo and flowers as you roll down the road.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The future of television!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U966TEFwsvQ

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Holy poo poo it’s James Burke!!! :allears::kiddo:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Neon Noodle posted:

Holy poo poo it’s James Burke!!! :allears::kiddo:

I loved his Connections series back when TLC actually showed educational shows.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mantle posted:

The fremen would scoff in disbelief at such a shockingly waterfat lifestyle. What you do is use the dried poops as fuel -- this is basic turd science. It's like none of you have bootstrapped a pile before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

my turn in the barrel posted:

If you read through the site there is more pages of the brochure and some more gems like the fact that they made a car mounted system for travel trailers.

Imagine getting to your campground and unhooking your trailer and having to unhook the line with raw sewage in it in the dark I'm sure you wouldn't get poo poo all over yourself...

Also this gem
"in the documentation from Thetford, the company warns that there can be an odor present from the vehicle’s exhaust if the holding tank wasn’t diluted with enough water or a Thetford treatment chemical called Aqua Kem. I shudder thinking about following behind an RV that smells of burning poop."

I'm picturing AquaKam being that blue disinfectant they use in porta potties. So now your exhaust is going to smell like burning poo poo and flowers as you roll down the road.

Wait so you're towing the caravan while pumping poo poo out of it and then blasting it out of the exhaust of your car all over your own caravan?

For a self propelled unit I can sort of understand it but surely you would not want to use it in that configuration?