Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Its not always pre-mades. Sometimes I go in solo and stomp the other team, and then get my team to hit rematch. Sometimes you get lucky. Also, I've got 30 friends on steam that I met playing awesomenauts, and not all of them were teammates either, sometimes I friend my opponents too. Just be cool and friendly, meet people, make friends, soon you'll be getting invites to play all the time, then you'll be the "pre-made".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Effortlessly beating up a bunch of poor dudes who got thrown into a game with people they don't know at all, against people several leagues higher than them, doesn't sound like a fun time to me

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

ninjewtsu posted:

Effortlessly beating up a bunch of poor dudes who got thrown into a game with people they don't know at all, against people several leagues higher than them, doesn't sound like a fun time to me

It isn't, so it's a good thing that it barely ever happens.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Came back to play a bit, nothing has changed.

The game is good the very rare games where it's actually kinda close, but other than that it's a boring 15 minutes of losing with nothing to do against the enemies, or winning without any kind of contest.

Not to mention 8/10 games end with someone quitting after they died for the second time.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Its on sale again on steam.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Bought this game during the weekend sale and I've been having a grand ol' time playing tanky fat dorks like Clunk and waddling to victory.

Having said that, Froggy is a huge pain to fight against in good hands. Had a game where one just dodged like 90% of my Skolldir punches somehow.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
The only character that compares to Froggy G when it comes to avoiding death is Lonestar, and that's only because of that stupid frickin' bull.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Ok, Wraithlord Scoop is legit terrifying.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
2.7 is out. I kinda hate it. Last patch was great because they reduced game time to 15-20 minutes. It seems they went back on that cause so many 2.7 changes now result in longer games.

Scoop is cool though.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Finally gave Yuri a try, and he is definitely appealing to my "be the most annoying prick as possible and laugh hysterically" side. The mines are stupidly good; not sure if I like the bouncing / split mines as much as stacking damage and duration so they last forever and stack up for a big burst of Naut damage.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I can't stop playing cats only Derpl. You effectively never put a point into your turret skill unless you're late game enough and you have to. Grab snare to start, farm up and crack a piggy bank until you can get the +60 dmg batcat, then get +range and +attack speed. Now you're machine gunning 140 damage cats who's range are about as long as a base turret's. That plus the insane utility of his snare for you and your team, plus his natural tankyness with his high health makes for a really fun playstyle.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
By the way, if you stopped playing Awesomenauts because you were always getting beaten by better teams, now's the time for you to give it another shot. Plenty of new players in the pool now with the Steam sale going on.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

The Crusher posted:

I can't stop playing cats only Derpl. You effectively never put a point into your turret skill unless you're late game enough and you have to. Grab snare to start, farm up and crack a piggy bank until you can get the +60 dmg batcat, then get +range and +attack speed. Now you're machine gunning 140 damage cats who's range are about as long as a base turret's. That plus the insane utility of his snare for you and your team, plus his natural tankyness with his high health makes for a really fun playstyle.

I love Cat Derpl so much. I can never play any other character because I just have so much fun with Cat Derpl.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
My problem with this game is the same problem I had the last time I stopped playing. Getting stuck on the losing team loving sucks and I have absolutely no interest in dragging out those dreadful games for 15-minute stretches on the off-chance we manage to steal a win.

This a problem I have with MOBA's in general though, I don't think you should play these sorts of games solo at all, it just doesn't work.

Case in point, tried to play a game, get stuck with two 0/2's within a few minutes (one of them quit a few seconds later).

What a shocker, it's a 3-man premade.

It's just desperately un-fun whether you win or lose.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 1, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I actually think winning is really fun!

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
Just won a game with people who didn't understand the core had to be destroyed to win, which led to me throwing myself against it until it popped. A win's a win, though.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

A new update is coming. First item to reveal is a new 'Naut, a cute purple dragon.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Teleports just like Sentry, it seems? Kind of weird to double that skill, imo.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

It sounds like two different uses of a similar skill. It sounds like Nibbs only lasts a few seconds and is used for quick movement in a fight to either cut someone off or to get away from a tough fight. Hopefully they will have a gameplay demonstration soon show how it works.

EDIT:I found a Twitch stream. I was right about the teleport. It's a skill shot that lasts for a few moments that you can teleport to.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 22, 2015

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

It sounds like two different uses of a similar skill. It sounds like Nibbs only lasts a few seconds and is used for quick movement in a fight to either cut someone off or to get away from a tough fight. Hopefully they will have a gameplay demonstration soon show how it works.

EDIT:I found a Twitch stream. I was right about the teleport. It's a skill shot that lasts for a few moments that you can teleport to.

Ah, cool. I got worried for a moment that they were running out of ideas. Silly me!

Worried about how the upcoming Ayla changes are going to change my play.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I play regularly as Leon with friends as Ayla and Gnaw. I'm super excited for Leon's small buff, but very concerned about the viability of our team as Ayla and Gnaw seem to be getting hit pretty hard this time around.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
gently caress gnaw

I'm new to this game and i suck.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
So I started playing this game again and I'd really like to play with goons if anyone is still interested. I mostly play Derpl, but also like Gnaw and Scoop.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I still play a couple times a week.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kinggonorrhea/

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Good times. I'll add you. If anyone else still plays / wants to play
http://steamcommunity.com/id/contraceptivecereal/

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Awesomenauts is on sale for .99¢!

ContraceptiveCereal fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 11, 2015

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I was playing with some random guys and one of them said he saw me in a gif earlier today and pulled the url up after the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Awesomenauts/comments/38mi5t/when_youve_made_a_pact_with_the_worm/

super glad that moment is now out there for the world to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I'm the one stepping on the button and killing you.

• Locked thread