Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Helen Highwater posted:

I was an EveGoon for years before I got an SA account.

publically admitting to playing eve puts you at the back of the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

If you send it to me in Portland I'll make sure it rapidly moves through the region

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
All ideas for destinations posted prior to 1 January 2016 are void. Tossing it across the Pacific from Oz to PortHipster is fine by me. elgarbo, that's likely to be an expensive toss, even at el-cheapo rates - you gonna need a hand covering that cost?

SO SAYETH THE OP

EDIT: A reminder

elgarbo posted:

I will take it in April.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 2, 2016

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Very good. Next stop Portland.

I'll shoot a few rolls and check out how much a trans-Pacific sojourn will cost.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

I'll take it over in michigan when Portland is done.

Resume: I had shitcam for less than 36 hours before handing it off.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If you want to send it up to Canada I can take it if we want to keep it in the PNW.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So I googled the old URL and found this
http://dorkroom-ae1-world-blog.tumblr.com/

Isn't that ours?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
That's the one, deaders and then mine being the last two posters

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Yup, that's it. I just posted a test-post and it came through for me. Can someone confirm?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

ExecuDork posted:

Yup, that's it. I just posted a test-post and it came through for me. Can someone confirm?

I can see it.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

?

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Okay so I have put a roll through the camera already and will do another roll over the next few days and then I will send it on its merry way back across the ocean and thank gently caress it will finally be out of Australia.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm not sure what the confusion is here.
is the tumblr for this ~GoOnPrOjEcT~ and carries the level of seriousness you might expect from that.
It was down and presumed cancelled for a while, but BlackMK4 went looking for it and found it, exactly where it had been left. :shrug:
I don't trust any website that I have signed in to to show me what somebody else who is not signed in as an administrator would see. That's why I asked for a confirmation of my test post.

I'm the admin for the tumblr, if you take pictures with the AE-1 and want them to appear on the tumblr I will send you the instructions to do so.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ExecuDork posted:

is the tumblr for this ~GoOnPrOjEcT~ and carries the level of seriousness you might expect from that.
It was down and presumed cancelled for a while, but BlackMK4 went looking for it and found it, exactly where it had been left. :shrug:
I don't trust any website that I have signed in to to show me what somebody else who is not signed in as an administrator would see. That's why I asked for a confirmation of my test post.

I'm the admin for the tumblr, if you take pictures with the AE-1 and want them to appear on the tumblr I will send you the instructions to do so.

Nah, so the URL that's in the OP and was posted before when people said it was down is http://dorkroom-ae1-world.tumblr.com/ which comes back as not existing.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
And now I'm outed as a tumblr-er who never goes on tumblr.

ANYWAY

elgarbo posted:

Okay so I have put a roll through the camera already and will do another roll over the next few days and then I will send it on its merry way back across the ocean and thank gently caress it will finally be out of Australia.
Good stuff.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

ExecuDork posted:

I didn't look at the Tumblr link and assumed you was for some strange reason testing if this forum worked properly.

Yeah, I should have seen the connection.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Auscam is en route back to the USA.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Developed my two rolls... some pretty epic light leaks happening.

Hey Execudork how can I get my lovely photos onto the Tumblr?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Goddammit.
http://unwrapping.tumblr.com/post/147147742877/post-by-email

Tumblr turned off the feature that allowed posting by email.

Options:
1. Send your stuff to me and I'll post it
2. Move from Tumblr to something else (Wordpress?) that allows this feature
3. Generate a free email address, change the settings on DICPIX to that email as the account holder, let goons in this thread access the inner workings of DICPIX.

I'm leaning towards option 3. Can anyone recommend an email system I can generate a new account on?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Camera has landed in Portland.

Flickr still has the option to submit by mail - maybe we could migrate there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Sounds good to me. I'm pretty happy with my Flickr account.

• Locked thread