Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
DOAX3 looks like poo poo, haha. I watched a couple videos on youtube and their hair clips straight through their neck dozens of times in every video.

Cool that they have butts now, though. I got DOAX as a 13 year old and I remember being very disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Yeah I just looked more into X3. They must have upped the size on the girls cause I'm sure as hell ayane wasn't comparable to a deviant art poser model in LR.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

DOAX3 looks like poo poo, haha. I watched a couple videos on youtube and their hair clips straight through their neck dozens of times in every video.

Cool that they have butts now, though. I got DOAX as a 13 year old and I remember being very disappointed.

'Cause DOAX3 is poo poo, it's a really lazy game with a 3rd of the content doax2 had. It was also made start to finish in 6 months.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BattleTech posted:

'Cause DOAX3 is poo poo, it's a really lazy game with a 3rd of the content doax2 had. It was also made start to finish in 6 months.

Wish they'd being the jet skis back.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's largely DoAX2 for PS4/Vita anyway, with a few changes here and there and a new money making scheme (DoAX didn't have one and 2's was selling unlock packs because despite of being able to stock up more than 1.5 million credits, it was similarly hard to earn them and even easier to lose because Microsoft let games restrict copying/backing up savegames on Xbox and 360, and NPC characters liked to throw away your gifts just as easily).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's an updated Dead or Alive Paradise (which people forget is still a thing available for sale)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well the PSP/Vita is dead so this is understandable.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm starting to see this game suddenly get loads of video uploads from Japanese arcade channels recently. I got couple of videos myself, so I might as well upload them later. They're all offline sessions.

For anyone in the London area, Hurricane Rev is doing a session this Saturday. £5 entry, so I'll be there if you guys want games.

I'll upload the footage once the session is done this time.

edit: screw it, I put it all in a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

The most recent videos including the house sessions are the more interesting ones.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 25, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like several DOA Anime costume DLCs are being discontinued.

Dead or Alive Facebook posted:

The sale of the collaboration costumes “FAIRY TAIL Mashup” and as well as "Season Pass 4" (including Season Pass 4 bonus costume) will be discontinued after June 20th; "ATTACK ON TITAN Mashup" will be discontinued after July 18. Check them out if you are interested!
Season Pass4 : https://goo.gl/VGsyQx
FAIRY TAIL: https://goo.gl/p55ArH
ATTACK ON TITAN: https://goo.gl/kpL45a
#DOA5LR

The free DOAX3 costumes from an anime are also being discontinued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Most likely the rights to the packs expiring. I doubt this would affect the majority of people still playing the game, though people do still actively mod it even if both 5LR and X3 are kind of dead.

• Locked thread