Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
LETS RACE KULA WORLD

That simple, yet charming ps1 game that involved traversing puzzlelised platforms, and that was on every playstation demo has now been raced. Sort of. Kula World consists of 150 levels, but we mixed it up and decided to race to a 1 hour time limit to see who could get the furthest.

Let's Race Kula World - ft. Elektric Paradox, Fluffy, Manic X, MickyJ, NoSuchThing, and new German import; Shin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

...and then he eats the body, but they always cut out the spoon scene.
Here's a race

Castlevania Bloodlines
- Asme, Dr. Mutagen, Lolo De Puzlo, Rejax, THErealDRAGON, TorpidTypist, and RealSovietBear

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Here's a rap battle

Parappa the Rapper the Racer
- Combat Lobster, Man with Hat, Manic X, and RJWaters2

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Here's one

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Dr. Mutagen (host), Lolo De Puzlo, Smash_Daisaku, theultimo, TorpidTypist

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

LETS RACE LEGO STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA

A long time a go, in a Skype chat far far away....

Some Goons thought it'd be a good idea to race Star Wars!

Featuring everything you've come to know and love:

Technical Difficulties
Bad Audio
Games Crashing
Footage Corrupting
Visiting Relatives Intruding

Let's Race Lego Star Wars EP 1-3 - ft. Demous, Elektric Paradox, Manic X, Mr. Lister, NoSuchThing, Trained Professional.

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Wai Wai World 2 - Lolo De Puzlo, RealSovietBear, Rejax, Staghorn, theultimo, TorpidTypist

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

LET'S RACE RAYMAN

This race has been sitting in my files for a long time as its audio was horrible and I debated just pulling it; but I've done my best to salvage it even though it still doesn't sound too great.

Let's Race Rayman - Captain Turbo, Elektric Paradox, Fluffy, Manic X, MickyJ, Trained Professional.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Have anyone done highlight videos of other races besides Voice of Dog's Super Meat Boy & etc one? Or is his the only one that got made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOOsvZUGag

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Not that I know of. That tournament was one of the first things our regular group organized and it took a long time so there was lots of footage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Have anyone done highlight videos of other races besides Voice of Dog's Super Meat Boy & etc one? Or is his the only one that got made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOOsvZUGag

There was that trainwreck of a Sonic 3 & Knuckles race that only got a highlights video.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Smite posted:

Not that I know of. That tournament was one of the first things our regular group organized and it took a long time so there was lots of footage.

SilverSupernova posted:

There was that trainwreck of a Sonic 3 & Knuckles race that only got a highlights video.

That's kind of a shame. VoD's one was pretty good but I can understand it being the only one because there's probably like eight days of material to search through if you wanted to make something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I remember it took him a really long time to make that video. 3 or 4 months was it?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
All the way into the final wrap-up marathon race. Which was good, because he got a lot of great freak-out footage when the game just started falling to pieces for people, especially Ragny.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

for the races streamed live, what is used by the other racers to send you their perspective so that all perspectives are live on one stream?

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Manic X posted:

for the races streamed live, what is used by the other racers to send you their perspective so that all perspectives are live on one stream?

I have an RTMP server they stream to with minimal delay.

Standard practice for most racing streams to just accept there will be delay and capture their twitch screens with a multiviewer.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Smite posted:

I have an RTMP server they stream to with minimal delay.

Standard practice for most racing streams to just accept there will be delay and capture their twitch screens with a multiviewer.

Ok thanks. Oh wait I actually recall seeing something called Nginx being used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

LET'S RACE RC REVENGE

Our first ever PS2 game is raced - endure the rickety poor handling of awful race cars on poorly lit tracks. It seems like Sonic All Stars Racing may have taken a bit of inspiration from the game mechanics though!

Let's Race RC Revenge Pro - Manic X, MickyJ, Thunder, Torrent, Trained Professional.

• Locked thread