Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Looks like Dorthy, the new kitten mom, is having her kittens this Friday or Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
New FDJ kitten mom:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

These babies are still in the oven :argh:

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

Dely Apple posted:

These babies are still in the oven :argh:

Dorothy is in "pre-labor". You can see the kittens moving around, getting into position for their big debut.

Exciting, but it's going to take a looong time to pop out eight kittens.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Dorothy has just given birth to her first kitten.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It's a squeaker! :kimchi:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
6 kittens! It's going to be a good kitten cam!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Meanwhile, coming shortly to John's Kitten Cam:

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Meanwhile, coming shortly to John's Kitten Cam:

Five kittens! The mom is Marge and the theme is The Springfield Kittens. Hmm, what could he mean by that? Names coming later today.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm on vacation, so I guess I know what I'm doing for the next week. I need another monitor so I can watch both without switching tabs. Maybe I'm lazy. :D

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pheeets posted:

Five kittens! The mom is Marge and the theme is The Springfield Kittens. Hmm, what could he mean by that? Names coming later today.

Maggie, Akira, Moe, Kang and Patty! Live to watch!

Apparently the kittens are ridiculously advanced for two days old; they're already dragging themselves around pretty well, making the first efforts at standing, playfighting with each other, and passing solid poop.

Also I caught them feeding and they were crazy talkative.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Marge decided that the accommodations were lacking yesterday afternoon, so she started scooping the kittens up and carrying them up and out. She preferred the Tardis as a new location for them.

So John came in, got many earfuls from Marge, redid the blankets, and sat a kitten on the new clean blanket, only to see Marge walk right in front of him, grab the kitten and leave. This war of wills went on for several relocations and one inadvertent shot-putting of Maggie when Marge dropped her.

(He's installed a box for more privacy in the cage now and Marge seems satisfied for now.)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Utter cuteness courtesy of Moe and Patty

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Both batches (tiny kittens and John's) are super cute this time!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I love Kang.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Me too.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Springfield kittens are up for adoption. http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/TheSpringfieldKittens

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Moe and Maggie were adopted together. :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
News about Loki, from the Seven Kittens cam:

I'm afraid that I have some distressing news, my friends. I was just diagnosed with severe heart disease, and I am not expected to live very much longer. Maybe 6-12 months. Maybe less. Maybe more. I'm not too worried about it because I'm more of a "one day at a time" kind of guy, but mama is doing everything she can to keep me around and comfortable as long as possible.

I went into congestive heart failure yesterday, and spent the night at the emergency vet. This morning I was transferred to cardiology. I bit and scratched several people at the hospital, which mama said was a good sign. I want to live!

Thankfully, mama finally came and got me, after meeting with my cardiologist this afternoon. I do not appear to be suffering, my breathing is normal and my X-rays showed no more fluid around my lungs.

It is apparently less common to see this level of heart disease in such a young cat and unfortunately, that is generally associated with poorer outcomes. Right now, I'm grateful that I survived and that I am home, after a very stressful night in an oxygen crate at the ICU. Tonight Mama will start giving me the meds that will keep me comfortable and alive as long as possible. Tomorrow, she will learn how to monitor my breathing rate so that she can track my respiratory function. One day at a time.

:(

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

On that same sad note, I'm sad to say that Neil, from the Fabulous Fosters, has also passed away from complications of Feline Leukemia. He was with his foster family at the end and very much loved, but of course much too young to die.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On a lighter note, one of Dorothy's kittens makes his Super Bowl debut tonight.

Marvel, you've hit the big time.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Foster Dad John has a new batch of kittens. The Little Saplings.

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKit...23&medium=email

Willow and her kittens were abandoned in a sealed box but fortunately Willow was able to break free. She took them inside a tree stump for safety where they were found and rescued by a good Samaritan.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience

Murphys Law posted:

Foster Dad John has a new batch of kittens. The Little Saplings.

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKit...23&medium=email

Willow and her kittens were abandoned in a sealed box but fortunately Willow was able to break free. She took them inside a tree stump for safety where they were found and rescued by a good Samaritan.

People goddamn suck. If you are going to abandon them, why seal them up in a box? At least let them loose so they have a fighting chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Oh but you know, cats are such pests did you know they kill millions of rodents each per year, they totally upset the local ecosystem man its like killing the environment.

• Locked thread