Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Would it be okay to have two hackers in play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yeah, it should be fine.

Last thing before I get a post in tomorrow: How do you feel about learning about the Soul Network?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

Yeah, it should be fine.

Last thing before I get a post in tomorrow: How do you feel about learning about the Soul Network?

Well, it seems like the seeds for this have already been laid after Juliana eavesdropped on Kelly's text conversation with her Soul Network bud.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Mentorship available. The Unprofessional, here we come :getin:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Ettin posted:

Yeah, it should be fine.

Thank you, but I already have an appointment with the Mormons.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I can make a post when Mors names an aspect!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

frrrrp

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Posting in TE tomorrow if anyone wants to add something that isn't a fart noise

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Giving Trigger Warning's fact/hypothesis to Arthur and Sun Yue in 12 hours if nobody beats them! If you feel like letting them have it that's cool.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Storms, official meet&greeter of TE.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Its important they know exactly what they're getting into.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Since the gang seems to be back together (plus a new addition) I'll try and get my own post up tomorrow, my brain's worn out after an evening of board games.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Storms rolling successful rapport proves this is a false reality that obeys no known physical or social laws.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That is exactly what he was testing for.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Post incoming later today

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
TE post soon! In the meantime TW can either head to this lovely palace, do some more information-gathering (not another brainstorm) or roleplay buying guns or something. You should also decide what to do with these mangaka you're dragging along because I did not get the impression you thought that through!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorry! The game thread fell off my watched threads list for some reason. I blame Obama.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Mors Rattus posted:

Sorry! The game thread fell off my watched threads list for some reason. I blame Obama.

Gee, thanks Obama :colbert:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yes

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright, let's back up a bit.

So, after I let Transeldritch slow down a bunch because of KS work (:negative:), it seems like Kai Tave is dropping out because he's no longer feeling it. We're probably missing at least one other TE person for similar reasons. That's my fault, same as the reason TW hasn't had a post in a month: all the time I used to use for PBP posts is going into Breakfast Cult, and I spend the rest of the time either busy with Life or not really in the right headspace to sit down and write out PBP posts.

That said, I would really like to continue the storyline going on here. (We're well past the halfway mark, if that helps.) When I started, I intentionally set it up so that characters can leave or jump in as needed, because I knew this would take a long time and I know how PBP and goons work. So, the game can survive people leaving and being replaced, if it comes to it. If Trigger Warning is still interested, I will do everything I can to keep the game moving even as I work on BCult. As for Transeldritch, it looks like we'll have to either put it to rest (and find some other way to incorporate its story elements into TW), recruit some extras and kick it back into gear somehow, or just be totally crazy and replace it with a new PBP because this is the best time.

So, uh, yeah. What do you guys think and prefer? If anyone else wants to use this opportunity to drop out that's cool too. If enough people are still interested, I will at least try and get TW going (and I'm going to nudge you guys in the next few days to let me know what you think if you haven't.) I'm open to ideas!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

We've kind of hit a big blow, cast-wise, and frankly I'm not even sure where I'm at with this. I'm okay with TE dying. :x

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just to make things clear, I don't blame anyone for focusing on a successful Kickstarter over elfgames on the internet. If only Gareth-Michael Skarka could have followed that advice, we might...no, Far West would still probably be four years late. But for real, Ettin devoting his time to Breakfast Cult is entirely understandable and laudable so I wanted to clarify that I've got no hard feelings or anything, I just haven't been feeling things for a while now but I've been dithering myself because I hate to be the guy who bails on a game. It's been a fun ride playing with y'all and I'll probably resurrect my character concept for something later.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
On the other hand, I blame Ettin for everything, because he is history's greatest monster, truly the moderator our forum deserves.

I'm down for more TW.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I would also be down for more Trigger Warning Anime.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

On the other hand, I blame Ettin for everything, because he is history's greatest monster, truly the moderator our forum deserves.

I'm down for more TW.

I second both of these.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

grassy gnoll posted:

I'm down for more TW.

All things in this post are correct.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
I'm sad to see TE, and by extension those characters and players, go - but I agree the spark hasn't been there for a bit and I've personally been kind of all over the place with bad jobs and new jobs and blegh.

But hell, Miami was some good times for horrible people. I guess hit me up if you need an Ando cameo anywhere?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

ProfessorCirno posted:

All things in this post are correct.

Also this one.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I'm still up for TW. The only reason i haven't been posting is that I haven't seen anything for Maximina to do in the last scene.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah, I can understand TE dying off. I would like to continue Storms' ongoing meltdown elsewhere in IC Ntech, somewhere.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I'm still up for TW. The only reason i haven't been posting is that I haven't seen anything for Maximina to do in the last scene.

If it helps I've been meaning to make the next post the one where you go shoot some cultists :v:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm kinda with Kai Tave on this, I just haven't felt like posting in TE for a long time but I didn't want to be -That Guy- who bailed on it. So I'm OK with Shiro fading out to do her own thing, feel free to use her/Ueru in cameos later on if you'd like.

I had a great time with TE and I will always remember that time we killed Hitler.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I will fondly look back on the time we fought ninja snakemen on a weaponized flying island.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
And I went to update TW and it fell into archives. :argh:

BREAKFAST CUUULT

(I mean, I can just post a new one if everyone is down. I'd like to finish this!)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sure, we've come this far.

• Locked thread