Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I'm going to start the full-clear challenge right from the start. On Beyond I'll need to go slow and overlevel anyway, so win win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I wonder if the projectiles from Lighting Strike count as "attack projectiles". Of course if that's a bow or quiver only mod this is mute.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

quote:

BoR stuff

Ah okay, I didn't play the 1 month league and I stopped playing Ambush about a month before it ended. They were still about 6EX then. They did a patch to up the drop rates of mid and highish end uniques (like BoR/Bino's/etc) which I wasn't around for.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Never mind.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013

Grizlor posted:

Prediction: divines going way up in value this league, probably 20-30C?

Also, drillneck is back in this league judging by the achievement screenshots. That makes a poison arrow build pretty cheap and viable, though eventually you'll want a +3 bow and empower.

I see divines costing more then exalts for sure. With them actually being useful to the majority of people and the actual drop rate being lower then exalts.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
I'm looking to start a new character on softcore once the mini-expansion hits. I usually play just casters but this time I'd like to try out a melee char, preferably a fast attacker so I'm guessing shadow or duelist.

Is there some cheap build that'll do ok up to level 70 maps?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Umm am I seeing 1400% facebreaker? Because I don't give a gently caress if it's viable that might have to happen.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Wezlar posted:

Umm am I seeing 1400% facebreaker? Because I don't give a gently caress if it's viable that might have to happen.

you can't craft on uniques apparently and that mod could very well be glove slot only.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

you can't craft on uniques apparently and that mod could very well be glove slot only.

Wow way to ruin my fun GGG. I wonder if you can craft a better facebreaker? Losing 200% seems harsh though.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

God drat, I have no idea what to play on Wednesday!

There's a lot of stuff that seems cool but I'm wary to go these routes on a first character in a new league:
I've seen some good looking bow builds, but kind of want to stay away from that because I'm guessing it's going to be incredibly popular.
Viper Strike looks like it could be very strong now, but totally unproven.
Ice Spear, but all the ones that sound cool rely on either Pyre or Three Dragons to do burn. I don't really want a unique reliant build for starters.

And then the two that I can't really decide between:
Molten Strike (maybe infernal blow?) I haven't played melee and it seems like it might be at a slight disadvantage in Rampage League.
Ethereal Knives - but I've got no clue which way to go with this one! They tend to spread out across the tree pretty far and be built for 105-110 points which is just not something I can hang with. Whenever I try cutting down to something like 90-95 I feel like something critical gets lost in translation and I've just got no clue. Crit or not? CI or Life? EB and MoM? Not a clue.

It's fun but scary. There's a real chance that I just try Ball Lightning and go with basically what I had before.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Again possibly asking something really obvious, but a quick google came up dry; is there a way I can bind a key to "Move Goddamn It Move" or "Don't just stand there pelting arrows like an idiot you're being mauled by bears now move!", beside binding left click to move only or shouting it really hard at the monitor?

Having attack move on the left click is really handy except for that one time out of a hundred where your little retard just does not want to stop getting mauled by bears. Having shift for "force attack" is nice until you reallize it doesn't force attack at all, except in combination with attack move, which you just unbound.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

MerrMan posted:

God drat, I have no idea what to play on Wednesday!

There's a lot of stuff that seems cool but I'm wary to go these routes on a first character in a new league:
I've seen some good looking bow builds, but kind of want to stay away from that because I'm guessing it's going to be incredibly popular.
Viper Strike looks like it could be very strong now, but totally unproven.
Ice Spear, but all the ones that sound cool rely on either Pyre or Three Dragons to do burn. I don't really want a unique reliant build for starters.

And then the two that I can't really decide between:
Molten Strike (maybe infernal blow?) I haven't played melee and it seems like it might be at a slight disadvantage in Rampage League.
Ethereal Knives - but I've got no clue which way to go with this one! They tend to spread out across the tree pretty far and be built for 105-110 points which is just not something I can hang with. Whenever I try cutting down to something like 90-95 I feel like something critical gets lost in translation and I've just got no clue. Crit or not? CI or Life? EB and MoM? Not a clue.

It's fun but scary. There's a real chance that I just try Ball Lightning and go with basically what I had before.

You can probably run a very solid ice spear build with cold to fire gem and avatar of fire. No unique required.

I incorporated three dragons in mine because it was a race reward.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Karate Bastard posted:

Again possibly asking something really obvious, but a quick google came up dry; is there a way I can bind a key to "Move Goddamn It Move" or "Don't just stand there pelting arrows like an idiot you're being mauled by bears now move!", beside binding left click to move only or shouting it really hard at the monitor?

Having attack move on the left click is really handy except for that one time out of a hundred where your little retard just does not want to stop getting mauled by bears. Having shift for "force attack" is nice until you reallize it doesn't force attack at all, except in combination with attack move, which you just unbound.

On characters that might sometimes want to attack (which is to say, not casters), I sometimes bind Move Only to middle mouse.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Arghh, all the builds I can find on the forums seem so goddamn cool, but I can't do it on a new league. I just want to run something cool that doesn't require uniques.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Elswyyr posted:

Arghh, all the builds I can find on the forums seem so goddamn cool, but I can't do it on a new league. I just want to run something cool that doesn't require uniques.

no build 100% requires uniques that are more than 2-3 chaos.
new thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658727

• Locked thread