Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Maybe settle down with Krobus instead.

This is the most correct answer to any Stardew dating question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
As someone who plays with the 0.25 profit setting, one thing I noticed that does not get toned down are quest rewards, both from the bulletin board and the community board. When playing in multiplayer, both players can claim the community board rewards, which can amount to a significant amount of change.

It puts a little more emphasis on the quests, wheras in my 1x normal profit setting, I almost always ignore the small request board.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Guigui posted:

As someone who plays with the 0.25 profit setting, one thing I noticed that does not get toned down are quest rewards, both from the bulletin board and the community board. When playing in multiplayer, both players can claim the community board rewards, which can amount to a significant amount of change.

It puts a little more emphasis on the quests, wheras in my 1x normal profit setting, I almost always ignore the small request board.

I've never tried doing this, but I've considered it. If you do turn this setting on, does it effect seed prices as well? If not it seems like most crops would be a loss.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
1.6 on consoles when

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

webmeister posted:

1.6 on consoles when

Probably when CA is done tinkering and tweaking 1.6 on PC, so he can do a one-and-done patch on other platforms.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Are any of the content mods worth it for this? I see there's a huge extended style mod, but uh. Those can be either really good or really awful.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Rookersh posted:

Are any of the content mods worth it for this? I see there's a huge extended style mod, but uh. Those can be either really good or really awful.

there's lots of discussion on this on the past 3ish pages

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

counterfeitsaint posted:

I've never tried doing this, but I've considered it. If you do turn this setting on, does it effect seed prices as well? If not it seems like most crops would be a loss.

It does not impact seed prices. Most crops sell for a lot in base game.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rookersh posted:

It's a real YMMV situation.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LLSix posted:

It does not impact seed prices. Most crops sell for a lot in base game.

So you buy parsnip seeds for 20g each, and then sell parsnips for (35g x 0.25), 9g each? Unless they're gold quality, then they go for (52g x 0.25) 13g each.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Am I doomed to have that truffle sitting out forever? I watched a pig dig it up right in front of me and I cannot reach it from any angle.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

So you buy parsnip seeds for 20g each, and then sell parsnips for (35g x 0.25), 9g each? Unless they're gold quality, then they go for (52g x 0.25) 13g each.

No, they've got it wrong. Profit margin multiplier affects both buy and sell prices. So 0.25 profit margin makes 20g parsnips cost 5g and sell for 8g (IIRC it rounds down).

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

effervescible posted:

Am I doomed to have that truffle sitting out forever? I watched a pig dig it up right in front of me and I cannot reach it from any angle.

PC, Switch, or mobile? I believe there are ways to interact on the diagonal in all three systems, albeit possibly very slowly.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Grundulum posted:

PC, Switch, or mobile? I believe there are ways to interact on the diagonal in all three systems, albeit possibly very slowly.

Switch. I can interact diagonally just fine on kegs etc. but this stupid thing resists.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Small bomb next to it should dislodge it.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Yes, seed prices are 25%, which is good. The quests become high priority and is also another anti-snowball because you don't fish/forage/farm extra rows because you are chasing down 100 bone fragments for a quest. I still got fishing to level 10 before other skills. Combat I am still stuck with an Ebony(?) Blade as Lava one is too pricey and no Shard yet (there wasn't even a ? rock when I unlocked the quarry!)

I'm on Night Market and day 2 the fish I sold from the sub pulled a small profit, but not day one when I kept a few of each. I had enough money to unlock the bus finally and get all three Lupino paintings and the three statues. I got the dehydrator from tickets but if you pull the smoker that's probably the lucky pull for 25% runs. Next big purchase is a coop upgrade so I can get a duck and hatch the Dino egg

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t caught an iridium quality fish since the hotfix.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

effervescible posted:

It should disappear when the season changes. Otherwise you can probably blow it up with a bomb.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Some but not all of those shrubs can be cut with an axe, think it needs to be upgraded first though.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Cherry bomb took care of it. Thanks y'all! It was just bugging me having it stuck there.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Does the iridium scythe work on truffles? I've never tried it with that scythe but the mod I used in the past would let you scythe forage.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Just to make sure, Rock Candy counts as a food right? So it will overwrite any other food buffs?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Where have you been putting the rock candy?!

We'll take your answer off the air.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Well according to the original final verse of that song...

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Careful asking questions you might not want to hear the answer to. Where it goes is between a man, his rockcandy, and that dwarf in the mines.

But second, it doesn't say cooking or anything, and its not like its something you can make. I wasn't sure if maybe it was like the monster musk or oil of garlic or some other not-food not-drink consumable.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
You see there’s body buffs, weapon buffs, aura buffs and contextual buffs. Body buffs are like flame grant me strength,

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

You see there’s body buffs, weapon buffs, aura buffs and contextual buffs. Body buffs are like flame grant me strength,

Drink buffs like coffee are separate from food. Does that fit into one of the other categories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The only buffs that aren't either food or drink buffs are the various ones you get from certain rings, as well as monster musk, oil of garlic, and the debuff immunity from squid ink ravioli. Those stack with everything.

Everything else is either a food or a drink. Magic rock candy would override or be overridden by another food buff.

Note that you can still eat non-buff food, like cheese or sashimi, without it affecting your food buffs.