Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DrNutt posted:

I only recently started reading comics again so I don't have anything to go on beyond what she's written on Tomb Raider. Beyond the problems I already mentioned, it's pretty typical writing for a comic book. :shrug:

Simone has a really thin, vertical slice type deal with stories and characters that she does well and she's been slipping in that regard pretty hard for years. After seeing how grim and unimpressive her 'Secret Six' run got when dealing with remorseless killers and surivivalists, I don't really have much faith in her doing a good entry into this Tomb Raider reboot's niche. Who knows, though, maybe that's the kick she needs to get decent again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

DrNutt posted:

If you can clear out enemy encampments using tigers and bears a la Far Cry 3 it will own.

And there's an option at launch that enables the encampments to repopulate uh huh I'm with ya :haw:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dan Didio posted:

Simone has a really thin, vertical slice type deal with stories and characters that she does well and she's been slipping in that regard pretty hard for years. After seeing how grim and unimpressive her 'Secret Six' run got when dealing with remorseless killers and surivivalists, I don't really have much faith in her doing a good entry into this Tomb Raider reboot's niche. Who knows, though, maybe that's the kick she needs to get decent again?

This is probably my biggest concern, but it's lessened a little with the confirmation that Rhianna Pratchett is returning for the actual game. I just really want the Solarii plot line to be done for good.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DrNutt posted:

This is probably my biggest concern, but it's lessened a little with the confirmation that Rhianna Pratchett is returning for the actual game. I just really want the Solarii plot line to be done for good.

I don't think the Solarii are coming back. That's like, typical tie-in comic book type deal stuff where they use something from the prior game or include some vague link that has no impact on either game in the end.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think the Solarii are coming back. That's like, typical tie-in comic book type deal stuff where they use something from the prior game or include some vague link that has no impact on either game in the end.

How does the solarii coming back in the comments even make a shred of sense? Did a bunch of crazies that Lara somehow didn't slaughter follow them off the island?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Capn Beeb posted:

And there's an option at launch that enables the encampments to repopulate uh huh I'm with ya :haw:

There also needs to be T-Rexs with lazer-beam eyes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Edit: how the gently caress did that happen?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

MonsieurChoc posted:

There also needs to be T-Rexs with lazer-beam eyes.
Lara Croft

in

Blood Dragon 3: Blood Tomb

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sindai posted:

Lara Croft

in

Blood Dragon 3: Blood Tomb

Lara's name isn't 80s enough, no sale :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ShineDog posted:

How does the solarii coming back in the comments even make a shred of sense? Did a bunch of crazies that Lara somehow didn't slaughter follow them off the island?

There were like five million marooned angry muscular men on that island, I can buy it

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I hope you fight a big golden fire-breathing dragon at the end.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Daimo posted:

This is going to be a soulless cash in and you can quote me on that.

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
To those who have played the PS3 version - was the PS4 edition a worthwhile purchase for another playthrough?

• Locked thread