Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Hah, well in that case you're about the same place I'm at.
The two bonavoxa is a good starting point, but not that good. They only get a single preempt, and with an attack that doesn't even break 2000, you won't even get the fun of one-shotting a dude for that long.
Ideally, you should just try finding more powerful dudes. My team still blows rear end, but my team without edges doesn't dip below 4000attack. Granted my two biggest heavy hitters came from dudes in this thread who quit, but I still have a decent enough range of dudes, that I'm more than likely to get *someone* who has a decent enough edge.

EDIT: and since I managed to tick over a page, I was curious to see if there was anything cool on Youtube. Not really, but there is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DNh3m2FR0
which I must admit, I'm jealous of.

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
That's no longer possible due to inspirit nerfs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is it just me or is this game a buggy mess? sometimes the game doesn't start and sits in a forever load, other times for any reasaon I will just get a server error message and be forced to restart it, and quite often during battle after I do my swipes it just sits there and nothing happens. I wish I could enjoy the game but it doesn't let me.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
That's a new one by me, try talking to tech support. They're pretty good actually.
In other news, loving finally

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Boy this thread/game sure are dead. I haven't played in 4 weeks so I'm going to offer up all of my poo poo to any goons who may want it, as I have some decently good fighters.

How this will work:
Below I have the list of fighters split out into 2 tiers. To give everyone at least a decent shot at getting some of my more decent fighters I ask that any one person can request up to 3 fighters, 2 from the top tier and 1 from the bottom tier. The bottom tier fighters I've listed aren't really BOTTOM tier, but they're just less huge than the top tier ones yet they're still very useful (or valuable) components. I'll try and keep up with trades as best as I can and will edit my post to reflect what is claimed whenever I'm able. On to the fighters!

TOP TIER:
Weejabee 0/3 70/70
Tishpak 5/5 80/80 (one mediocre HP superfuse)
Tishpak 5/5 80/80
Mammetun x2 5/5 80/80
Cadmian 5/5 80/80
Parvaiz 5/5 80/80
Astruga 5/5 80/80
Toran’dokht 5/5 77/80
Bel-Sum-Iscun 5/5 80/80
Jaleh 5/5 80/80
Tanaquil 5/5 80/80
Bombazhin 5/5 80/80
Nasrin 5/5 80/80
Vivinna 5/5 80/80
Amarlice 5/5 80/80
Narokken 5/5 80/80
Ashnan 5/5 80/80
Ascepekya 5/5 80/80
Hsalvia 5/5 80/80
Cucurbita 5/5 80/80
Poddleflack 5/5 80/80
Blackspill 5/5 80/80

BOTTOM TIER:
Epics:
Rozicrysti 1/5 48/48
Mayehem 0/5 40/40
Brandensite x2 0/5 40/40
Enten 0/5 39/40
Mirza 2/5
Rellets 0/5
Vangha 0/5 (Legendary piece)
Vangha 1/5 (Legendary piece)
Esfandiyar 1/5 48/48
Balathu 0/5
Darlghast 0/5
Burebista 0/5
Amarlice 0/5
Anagalshu 0/5
Yasamin 0/5
Ebustrone 3/5
Jinxan 0/5

Rares:
Assidhios 5/5
Tabni-Ishtar 3/5
Munati 5/5 60/60
Munati 5/5 60/60
Munati 5/5 60/60
Aubyzant 5/5 60/60
Kissaree 5/5 x2 (inspirit)
Meadsnater 0/5 (Legendary piece)
Maebh 2/5 (Legendary piece)
Xinji 1/5

:siren::siren::siren::siren:IMPORTANT NOTE :siren::siren::siren::siren:
If you make a request for multiple fighters, be sure to offer up ONE lovely fighter for ALL of the fighters you request...do NOT do multiple offers for one fighter at a time or I won't accept them simply because it'll waste my time/trades. Remember, only 2 top tier per person, at least until everyone has had a shot at some poo poo and then maybe we can loop back and get more if not enough people really care.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 9, 2014

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

SweetJahasus posted:

Boy this thread/game sure are dead. I haven't played in 4 weeks so I'm going to offer up all of my poo poo to any goons who may want it, as I have some decently good fighters.

How this will work:
Below I have the list of fighters split out into 2 tiers. To give everyone at least a decent shot at getting some of my more decent fighters I ask that any one person can request up to 3 fighters, 2 from the top tier and 1 from the bottom tier. The bottom tier fighters I've listed aren't really BOTTOM tier, but they're just less huge than the top tier ones yet they're still very useful (or valuable) components. I'll try and keep up with trades as best as I can and will edit my post to reflect what is claimed whenever I'm able. On to the fighters!

TOP TIER:
Weejabee 0/3 70/70

Cadmian 5/5 80/80

I'd like these two. I'll put something up for it and edit my post when I have it ready.

Edit: Put up a Redrime for them.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 9, 2014

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'll take the...
Vivinna
Poddleflack

oh I guess the Rozicrysti too?

edit: put up a fondwell

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 9, 2014

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Because there's already a semi-fight over the Legendary, I'm gonna do something different. I'm posting a

Redfang

for the

Vangha's
Maebh

That should give me something to build towards now that I got my Fire Dragon thing

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

WeX Majors posted:

Because there's already a semi-fight over the Legendary, I'm gonna do something different. I'm posting a

Redfang

for the

Vangha's
Maebh

That should give me something to build towards now that I got my Fire Dragon thing

Hah, I didn't even see that previous post. I'll edit my thing now.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Regarding the slump this game is in, I think it's just because the focus just on Money Builds has gotten too obvious. If you've managed to somehow scratch and claw your way to getting a PreemptAll dude, congratulations! Now you need a Legendary to back it up. You can only get them by trading, but you can only trade all of the new hip fighters, because anything older than this year are practically worthless. Not just because no one wants them, but becuase no one wants them thanks to their stats now being poo poo.

Then you've got the fact that the only thing that's really fun for Non-Whales, are the Edge Events. It's cool to come in one day and see who you've got that's managed to pop over 10000 in stats. But then we've only had one of those in like...a month? Everything else is all PvP and Siege bullshit where you either have The Most OP For The Moment, or you're expected to just sit there and fill your team with fodder and do nothing, or waste your BP because MUST BUILD SALVO WHY ARE YOU NOT BUILDING SALVO RARRGH.

Then there's the fact that they've literally been focusing on the people that spend all of the money by having the new fighters you can get through point progression just be some recolor, or even more insultingly, a non-evolving rare. If I see a loving Assidhios being offered as a prize fighter, that's when I know to just skip that whole week.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Accepted everything above this post.

DeCaFf
Jan 27, 2005
Alcohol is a way of life. Alcohol is MY way of life, and I aim to keep it!

SweetJahasus posted:

Bombazhin 5/5 80/80

Cucurbita 5/5 80/80

Jinxan 0/5

I will place dibs on these three. Will put up something shortly.

Edit: Offered 3/20 lvl 0/5 sef Farideh.

DeCaFf fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 9, 2014

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Oh my. Can I get the 5/5 Amaralice, the Bel and the Tabni? Put up a 4/5 Olge (earth guru) for them.

Piebald Hell fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 14, 2014

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I started playing this game a few months ago but quit playing soon after because it just seems so tedious for a cell-phone game. Like I felt I had to read guides and poo poo to even get a grasp at playing adequately.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
So I feel like the Easter Event needs to be talked about. Well, not just the easter event more about this dude in particular.
He's loving rad. I'm actually hesitant to evolve him because thanks to that 1000% edge

I'm pretty sure that's not even the highest I've seen him go. But of course, the board and the forums have pointed out many a-time, he's not actually better than Nergal, or whoever that Blue Winged Demon is with the ATK+

But that's just the point. No one loving has that dude except for the guys already dominating. This is a chance for new dudes who want to dominate to actively attempt to build a guy that they can use to dominate. It'd be like if they brought back Fire Demon Dude as prizes in an event. Don't act like everyone wouldn't be jumping all over themselves for a chance to form a Legendary.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
To be fair, Serakh is a pixite rare - I got enough of them to make a Maskim just playing normally. But yes, Ovo is amazing and I want a half-dozen - he's so fabulous. :3:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

30 bitters for the next two posters to put up any offer for me to accept.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

double negative posted:

30 bitters for the next two posters to put up any offer for me to accept.

Put up a rendfoot

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Piebald Hell posted:

To be fair, Serakh is a pixite rare - I got enough of them to make a Maskim just playing normally. But yes, Ovo is amazing and I want a half-dozen - he's so fabulous. :3:

I'm trying to plan ahead for what I want to try for to get more. I have 1 Ovo, enough to evolve for a second. And some other Epics/Rares I think I will be able to trade for more of these flashy egg bastards. Are Ennistree worth it or should I dump him for Ovo?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
You can have my Roshan all for the Low Low Price of 30, yes, 30 Bitters!

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Jesus Christ Ovo is expensive! I'm actually considering selling off my 5/5 Grimpeenie and 5/5 Bombazhin to get the four more I need, but... I dunno, those two are my strongest single target hitters. Any advice, dead thread? :v:

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
From what I was reading on the wiki during the event, he's not technically worth it.

He's not gonna give you the sort of Atk+ that the other atk+ guys were giving. But if you don't have one of those sorts of dudes, and you want your team to look FABULOUS, build him up slowly. I've got the epic at 1/5, and I've got a rare stuck at 4/5, and that's probably all I'll be able to get until this event ends.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008

WeX Majors posted:

From what I was reading on the wiki during the event, he's not technically worth it.

He's not gonna give you the sort of Atk+ that the other atk+ guys were giving. But if you don't have one of those sorts of dudes, and you want your team to look FABULOUS, build him up slowly. I've got the epic at 1/5, and I've got a rare stuck at 4/5, and that's probably all I'll be able to get until this event ends.

The fabulous is 100% of the reason I want him. Seriously, he is loving gloriously fabulous. My dudes are in the same boat over here, actually - maybe I'll ease up on Ovo for a bit, swing over to try and get the other half of my whatever-Lairnell-evolves-into-seriously-I-forgot together. (I love that doofy little squirrel, my god he's cute.)

That's 100% of the reason I play this game - for fabulous little pixel men. :v: I built a 5/5 Redkohl because I love the Grimpenius base - it looks so drat cool.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Resurrecting the thread to note they've changed up how edge works.
During this pvp event, for example magic users get a 50% edge, while Champs and rogues get a - 30% reduction. They made this super obvious by now having anyone with an edge get a bright-rear end neon green color scheme on their stay Windows, while anyone with a negative gets the old red color scheme.

I'm personally a fan of it because pvp normally bored me because it used to just be straight stats. Now at least there's a bit of the fun of dungeon events.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Man, this thread is dead as a doornail now.

It's really impressive how quickly DeNA managed to completely kill off interest in this game for everyone but the whaliest of whales. :sigh:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Who wants to take out a loan to stay competitive in a mobile video game.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
I just made a Philzerin? :saddowns:

I dunno, it's just kinda... dead. But yeah jesus christ hello whales how are you today?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
It's a shame that it came to this too because I was more interested in this game over Puzzles and Dragons. Now it's Vice Versa and occasionally I check the google play store for any games that aren't IAP dependant.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I managed to make an Ovo a little while back, so yay I guess. I'll probably quit soon so if anybody really wants anything I can trade it on.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
I made one too! Ovo is deliciously fabulous. :3: Deliciously fabulous.

I kinda still play? It's just awkward.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
The Ovo thing is the perfect example of how hosed the game has gotten.

Remember this is a fighter that only goes to Epic, doesn't really have as good of a stat block as his Attk+ Brethren, and only has a positive that he is loving FABULOUS.

An Epic is going for on average, 200 Nux.

A Rare, is going for whatever Epic is the currently tradeable prize award.

Even the Uncommon, usually wind up going for between 7-10 Energy Bottle Things.

I've got mine at 4/5, and I don't know how the gently caress I'll pull off the last one, without dropping $20 for the trade fodder.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I actually had made a 5/5 Enzuna before I quit - how insane is Ovo compared to that?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Depends on your definition. I just looked up Enzuna and only three people are giving her up, and you'd need three legendaries or 800 potions to take her.
Since there's no special currently going for bitters, you'd have to spend 1000 coins to get 11 bitters. 10525 is the best deal on coins, for $100.00
That means that one single solitary fighter in a video game, would cost you seven hundred real actual american dollars.

You'd probably be able to get a 5/5 Ovo for just a hundred bucks. But Enzuna is a PreEmpt All, and Ovo is just a grand marshal at a gay pride parade.

So, ya know, Different Strokes.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If anyone is still playing this, the new event is pretty weird.
It's another crossover with Blood Brothers, so a bunch of classic fighers like Ira and Glacierwalker Ijiraq are back.
And they changed up salvo so when the salvo meter is full you can access a new area for 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Which is also weird because it's a completely different set of dungeons. So there's like the main Special Dungeon that you enter, which has bunch of terrible fighters as prizes. Then when the salvo bar is full, you have to complete the dungeon you're in then, and then enter a new dungeon set with actually decent (sorta) prizes. There's supposed to be some bullshit about a boss you can only fight when you're in the Special Special Dungeon, but I haven't figured that part out yet.

It's really weird, and I'm not even quite sure what fighter I'm supposed to be building up to. Also the game is super laggy right now, but that could of course just be me.

• Locked thread