Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Timmy you speak like a PR robot and it's really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Hazo posted:

Even LF started out as mostly insane libertarians and somehow devolved into far-left fakeposting, and they weren't earnestly calling for assassinations (except for those couple times...) and putting forth arguments that could be debunked with two minutes of Googling.

LF peaked when Twisty had to explain to 2 Secret Service agents who showed up at his apartment what fakeposting is after they showed hima printout of the first reply to his John McCain assassination thread (because he deleted everything he wrote almost immediately after he posted it), which was a quote of his 2000 word post about why assassinating John McCain would be funny, followed by the reply "your gay" made by some retard with an avatar of an anthropomorphic barrel

A Keg fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 16, 2014

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I thought LF peaked immediately before its annihilation at the hands of Lowtax for making him get up before noon to talk to another pair of secret service suits.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's kind of flattering. The secret service looks at TPC and says "all we'd have to do is put an extra guard at the wheelchair ramps and keep an eye out for angry old guys on rascals with Gadsen flags."

But when they saw LF, they were like "I don't know, better go and check"

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Didn't LF also manage to send Joe Biden a pizza when he became the Vice-Presidental candidate?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

Didn't LF also manage to send Joe Biden a pizza when he became the Vice-Presidental candidate?

I know one person actually got Bristol Palin's phone number and called her during the 2008 election.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tselatyjr posted:

My reference to "both sides are just as bad" is more like "everyone is batshit crazy on both sides, which makes me like neither". I haven't ran a liberal community, so I don't know what sort of conversations might transpire against conservatives should they feel protected in the comfortable like-minded environment that TPC provides. However, in my experience with TPC, I will agree that some of the information spread and discussed can be difficult for me to understand the rational behind it, such as "Moochelle" and comparing the Obama's to apes. I never understood that level of racism. Many private internal debates about the nature of such content has been discussed to an exhausting length.

The far left lunatic fringe doesn't have conversations against conservatives, they pretty much squabble about each other not being far left enough. More progressive than thou. While the far right fringe is posting "Moochelle" and advocating the death of the president, the far left fringe is doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti7k_xOomXE

In case you have trouble understanding what is going on, it is an argument between lesbians and transwomen (person born with a penis who believes they are female) about . . . uh, whether transwomen belong in lesbian safe spaces, I guess.

It's still crazy, yeah. But it is a completely different kind of crazy.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
basically everyone hates leftists, which is a good thing, imo

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Angela Christine posted:

The far left lunatic fringe doesn't have conversations against conservatives, they pretty much squabble about each other not being far left enough. More progressive than thou. While the far right fringe is posting "Moochelle" and advocating the death of the president, the far left fringe is doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti7k_xOomXE

In case you have trouble understanding what is going on, it is an argument between lesbians and transwomen (person born with a penis who believes they are female) about . . . uh, whether transwomen belong in lesbian safe spaces, I guess.

It's still crazy, yeah. But it is a completely different kind of crazy.

I can't really watch the video right now, so for all I know they bring up magic or whatever, but just by your description, transwomen arguing for inclusion isn't really that far left or whatever. A way better example would be the transethnic people on tumblr or the fairy magic people around.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

djw175 posted:

I can't really watch the video right now, so for all I know they bring up magic or whatever, but just by your description, transwomen arguing for inclusion isn't really that far left or whatever. A way better example would be the transethnic people on tumblr or the fairy magic people around.

Fairy magic isn't left wing, it is just crazy. There are plenty of idiots from staunch conservative homes who love fairies and dragons. Transexuals and intersexed people are about as far as you can go and still be talking about disadvantaged minorities that actually exist, rather than the realm of pure fantasy. Second wave feminists arguing with third wave feminists is pretty darn left wing.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Angela Christine posted:

Fairy magic isn't left wing, it is just crazy. There are plenty of idiots from staunch conservative homes who love fairies and dragons. Transexuals and intersexed people are about as far as you can go and still be talking about disadvantaged minorities that actually exist, rather than the realm of pure fantasy.

So? Far-right conservatives live in a realm of pure fantasy. Don't see why far left shouldn't either. The left's pure fantasy tends to just be less about hurting people.

Fake edit: As another example of the left's infighting, this very conversation.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

djw175 posted:

So? Far-right conservatives live in a realm of pure fantasy. Don't see why far left shouldn't either. The left's pure fantasy tends to just be less about hurting people.

Fake edit: As another example of the left's infighting, this very conversation.

I take exception to your statement, cis scum :byodood:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Might wanna look at my post history there. :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:thejoke:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
the fringe left has no voice in the national political dialogue. the fringe right does. that's the most important difference

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

baw posted:

the fringe left has no voice in the national political dialogue. the fringe right does. that's the most important difference

The fringe right has a "Respectable" national news network that "is serious".

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

djw175 posted:

So? Far-right conservatives live in a realm of pure fantasy. Don't see why far left shouldn't either.

it's almost as if the left-right spectrum has no bearing on whether someone is a lunatic or not, and such people may fall into either, or none, depending on their particular flavour of insanity

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

baw posted:

"fringe" right in america is literal nazis and, surprisingly enough, america has relatively fewer of them than most countries. this is surprising because america's entire goddamn spectrum basically sits on the far right side. people who americans might call leftists are actually a bit right of center.

of course I have no problem with this, get hosed left side, but the problem is that basically everyone involved in anything in america is a goddamn moron.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
why leftists will never win an election itt

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

"fringe" right in america is literal nazis and, surprisingly enough, america has relatively fewer of them than most countries. this is surprising because america's entire goddamn spectrum basically sits on the far right side. people who americans might call leftists are actually a bit right of center.

of course I have no problem with this, get hosed left side, but the problem is that basically everyone involved in anything in america is a goddamn moron.

i guess i mean fringe right stuff like birtherism or secret muslimism

bill clinton famously shot down someone who tried to claim that bush did 9/11. republicans, on the other hand, are forced to pander to people who say that obama is a secret muslim intent on destroying the country.

so the whole "both sides do it" thing is a ridiculous fallacy, and ya we're definitely a centre right country in general

baw fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Aug 18, 2014

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
As someone who is actually part of the "fringe" left, it's very wrong to claim the two fringes are similar because we're not. Conflicts within the left, especially the antifa movement, is often militancy vs. pacifism, using parliamentalism as a weapon against itself vs. boycotting it and pushing outside the field. The conflicts between second and third wave feminists are long gone and those who claim it still exists are conservatives and the far right who claim they're the "real" feminists who opposie LGBTQ-minorities and using it as a weapon against muslim immigration.

That said, I do not live in the US. If this discussion is about the US left wing then I just have to say lol, good luck finding one.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

it's almost as if the left-right spectrum has no bearing on whether someone is a lunatic or not, and such people may fall into either, or none, depending on their particular flavour of insanity

PoliticalCompass should implement sanity as a z-axis.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

baw posted:

i guess i mean fringe right stuff like birtherism or secret muslimism

bill clinton famously shot down someone who tried to claim that bush did 9/11. republicans, on the other hand, are forced to pander to people who say that obama is a secret muslim intent on destroying the country.

so the whole "both sides do it" thing is a ridiculous fallacy, and ya we're definitely a centre right country in general

I don't view those things as politically motivated, I view them as personally motivated, because racism and hate speech are not politically valid imo

but yeah it is absolutely insane that those are things seriously discussed in open forum, good luck dragging congress out of the loving mud

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
imo dissolve congress, give one good leader the authority to rule by decree subject to judicial review, and if he turns out to be bad, kill him and pick someone else

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The office of Caesar is inherently unconstitutional and wouldn't get judicial approval. Make the leader a reality tv star so they will be accountable - 'America's Next Top Despot'

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

McDowell posted:

The office of Caesar is inherently unconstitutional and wouldn't get judicial approval.

neither would dissolving congress, dipshit

good thing the constitution can be changed

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

neither would dissolving congress, dipshit

good thing the constitution can be changed

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the tent city cot this morning.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
joke's on you bitch I haven't lived in a tent city nor slept in a cot since 2010

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

"fringe" right in america is literal nazis and, surprisingly enough, america has relatively fewer of them than most countries.

Except a lot of the "mainstream right" think that Nazism is left wing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

racism and hate speech are not politically valid imo

but yeah it is absolutely insane that those are things seriously discussed in open forum, good luck dragging congress out of the loving mud

Says the dipshit banned for racism.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

spiderman and the man with three legs are wrong

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The only thing that can make this piece of internet poop funnier for me is if someone actually created this unironicaly.
Please say it is so.:allears:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Rutkowski posted:

As someone who is actually part of the "fringe" left, it's very wrong to claim the two fringes are similar because we're not.

Oh, yes, I'm sure your opinion has no bias.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Just let this drat thread die already. We're done with TPC. No one cares about them anymore!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

djw175 posted:

Just let this drat thread die already. We're done with TPC. No one cares about them anymore!

See you, space cowboy hat.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

djw175 posted:

We're just stockpiling our Sorosbucks until Reaganbook comes back.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Psychlone posted:

We're just stockpiling our Sorosbucks until Reaganbook comes back.

I can't find the Reganbook thread anymore.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654079

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Reaganbook is going to be FreedomBook apparently; it's currently coming soon.

• Locked thread