Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Caffeine pills are where I get my caffeine fix. Far cheaper and just as effective really.

Content:

Logitech Z313 speakers. I needed something cheap to fill up my apartment with music.

Also an Intel 4570 CPU as an impulse buy for the computer I guess I just started to slowly assemble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Call of Cholula posted:

I didn't even notice this in the news until searching for it just now. I'm really sad now because I love Bill Cosby and I grew up listening to him with my dad, too. :smith:
Huh, well what do you know. You learn something new every day! Today I learned that Bill Cosby is a potential serial rapist :stonk:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Huh, well what do you know. You learn something new every day! Today I learned that Bill Cosby is a potential serial rapist :stonk:

gently caress him, he gave Eddie Murphy poo poo for cursing."Yoouuu cannot say filth flarn filth flarn filth in front of people!" typical poo poo a rapist would say.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SaltLick posted:

Caffeine pills are where I get my caffeine fix.
Don't they give you worse side effects than getting caffeine from coffee or energy drinks? I remember friends of mine that did that but got far more trembling and upset stomach

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bowmore posted:

Don't they give you worse side effects than getting caffeine from coffee or energy drinks? I remember friends of mine that did that but got far more trembling and upset stomach

Each pill is 200mg which is I believe around the same amount as a regular cup. I've had no issues with them.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
It's much easier to overdo it on caffeine pills and take a ton compared to drinking coffee.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Rolo posted:

I'm jealous of you people because I absolutely love coffee but I have an extremely low tolerance for caffeine. Even the sugar or whatever in decaf tasty drinks gets my heart going. Got a low caffeine chocolate whatever thing the other day, felt like poo poo 20 minutes later. But it tasted so good.

You may want to try espresso and/or darker roasts, contrary to popular belief they have less caffeine due to the longer roasting times (which destroys the caffeine) and the higher temperature used in brewing (the steam used for espresso shots destroys a fair amount of caffeine). Unless you're just way too sensitive to all caffeine that is.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just got this game.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

My wallet was falling apart and breaking my cards after almost a decade, so I got one from Tanner Goods.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
New ps3 controller, cause my older one kinda poo poo itself and doesn't seem to hold a charge.

It's red though. Not cause that color is awesome, cause it is, but cause that color was 3$ cheaper, which paid for overnight shipping :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bowmore posted:

I take half a tablet about 30 mins before I have to get out of bed, and have never experienced any adverse effects. It really helps me drag my rear end out of bed at 6 AM.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Impulse buy; Asus G750JZ

What is wrong with me? :cripes:

A SSD is a really cool thing though. I don't think I can go back now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RCarr posted:

I take half a tablet about 30 mins before I have to get out of bed, and have never experienced any adverse effects. It really helps me drag my rear end out of bed at 6 AM.

You'd probably find it easier if you gave up caffeine for a while.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
SSDs are great - once you get used to a solid state main drive, you can't go back.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Impulse buy; Asus G750JZ

What is wrong with me? :cripes:

A SSD is a really cool thing though. I don't think I can go back now.

Will this be used on the go or in your own house? Because Steam streaming is incredible if it's just for home. You could build a really nice PC and buy a laptop to stream games to for $1000 less total cost.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Ragequit posted:

Will this be used on the go or in your own house? Because Steam streaming is incredible if it's just for home. You could build a really nice PC and buy a laptop to stream games to for $1000 less total cost.

It's for the house. I've only been using laptops for almost 15 years now. The last one was 5 years old and I usually invest a bit in them because I can and I like games.

You are right but I'm too lazy and used to the convenience of a laptop I can carry around or plug into the TV.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

You'd probably find it easier if you gave up caffeine for a while.

I worked my job for a year and a half without drinking coffee/taking caffeine. I was miserable every god drat morning. I don't think abstaining from caffeine was my problem. I'm just not a morning person I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread needs a refresh. Someone start a new one, please.

• Locked thread