Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is there a way to force my stupid Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Not subsidy locked to my knowledge) to tether? I foolishly upgraded my my OG unlimited data plan to the new cheapest 5G unlimited data plan and now I can't tether anymore. It's obviously the phone asking permission from ATT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

H110Hawk posted:

Is there a way to force my stupid Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Not subsidy locked to my knowledge) to tether? I foolishly upgraded my my OG unlimited data plan to the new cheapest 5G unlimited data plan and now I can't tether anymore. It's obviously the phone asking permission from ATT.

Does your plan include tethering (I don’t know ATT’s plans) ? Some of the cheaper carrier plans legit don’t include tethering, and if so the answer is upgrade your plan.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Does your plan include tethering (I don’t know ATT’s plans) ? Some of the cheaper carrier plans legit don’t include tethering, and if so the answer is upgrade your plan.

Oh it absolutely doesn't, but neither did my previous plan. I was hoping there was a dumb android app way. Otherwise - do you have to use a non-att firmware?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

H110Hawk posted:

Oh it absolutely doesn't, but neither did my previous plan. I was hoping there was a dumb android app way. Otherwise - do you have to use a non-att firmware?

No idea other than they’re way better at blocking it on the newer plans.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Does anyone here have FirstNet? I get a pretty solid discount at work but T Mobile works well enough. I'm curious what the differences are between it and standard AT&T.