Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rhoga posted:

It's gonna release at midnight, eastern time.

Right when I get off my shift on the west coast :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

SL the Pyro posted:

Called my local Wal-Mart, they don't even have it yet so there's nothing for them to break street date with. :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, when things called "Tomodachi"s were "the thing", people would call the stores to ask if they had stock, and the associate--while literally handing them out to people in-store--flat out told the person on the phone, "No, we don't have any in stock."

Better to lie to people that aren't there to complain to management. Also, it's entirely possible that a few of the :gb2nitecru: decided to squirrel the box in an obscure corner so their paychecks can clear and they can buy them before they sell out entirely.

Not caring goes both ways :v:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

the Gaffe posted:

...Yes :( also they didn't have it. They barely had much for a 3DS selection evidently.

Yeah that Walmart is butts, I've been in there twice and been disappointed both times (for 3U and....Armored Core I think). In'n'out is good though!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mistle posted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, when things called "Tomodachi"s were "the thing", people would call the stores to ask if they had stock, and the associate--while literally handing them out to people in-store--flat out told the person on the phone, "No, we don't have any in stock."

Better to lie to people that aren't there to complain to management. Also, it's entirely possible that a few of the :gb2nitecru: decided to squirrel the box in an obscure corner so their paychecks can clear and they can buy them before they sell out entirely.

Not caring goes both ways :v:

Yeah calling to check if a store broke street date rarely works. Places that do break it, aren't gonna tell you over the phone, that's how they get caught. That Walmart broke 3ds street date thing was also a crock, since it was just someone saw the DSes in the glass storage case, not actually bought one.

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
Why is climbing this wall so loving difficult.

It says to press A. I press A, and I sit instead of climb. When I run against the wall so the "push A to climb" display lights up, I roll into the wall. I am seriously annoyed.

Shadalator fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 11, 2015

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
This is kind of old-ish discussion, but Monster Hunter does have move canceling, it's just not as ubiquitous as other action games or fighting games. The most blatant form is probably roll canceling recovery frames, like rolling out of the recovery of a super pound. The hammer also has charge canceling for the basic swings.
Moreover, you can cancel certain dashing/moving forward attacks into something else. For instance, the gunlance's running upswing can be shot canceled, depending on your timing, so you get the forward momentum, but you don't have to land the actual poke unless you delay the gunshot long enough.

So while Monster Hunter doesn't have a ton of move cancels, it's not exactly right to say that they don't exist.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Shadalator posted:

Why is climbing this wall so loving difficult.

It says to press A. I press A, and I sit instead of climb. When I run against the wall so the "push A to climb" display lights up, I roll into the wall. I am seriously annoyed.

Make sure you're not pressing B instead of A.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey what kinda armor and weapons do the shark monsters make, I need to make 'kill the sharks, wear their skin, use their bones as my weapons' a goal of mine.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Collector's editions back in stock at Amazon.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey what kinda armor and weapons do the shark monsters make, I need to make 'kill the sharks, wear their skin, use their bones as my weapons' a goal of mine.

Their armor looks real sweet, although the full set isn't anything to write home about skill-wise (Low-Rank is Ice Atk+1, Meat Lover, Raise Hunger / High-Rank is Ice Atk+1, Meat Lover, Part Breaker, Raise Hunger / G-Rank X is Ice Atk+2, Meat Lover, Speed Eating+1, Part Breaker, Raise Hunger / G-Rank Z is Rec Speed+2, Stamina Recovery Up, Tremor Res, and Double Bleed). Only Rare 8 as well. Still definitely workable. The weapons are middle-of-the-pack ice weapons with the subspecies paths turning into para weapons that are actually pretty good. The sub charge axe (Desert Rose) in particular is really solid, Impact Phial with Para element, good raw and good sharpness.

Low/High-Rank Armor

Blademaster:
Gunner:

G-Rank X

Blademaster:
Gunner:

G-Rank Z

Blademaster:
Gunner:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah calling to check if a store broke street date rarely works. Places that do break it, aren't gonna tell you over the phone, that's how they get caught. That Walmart broke 3ds street date thing was also a crock, since it was just someone saw the DSes in the glass storage case, not actually bought one.

Yeah at my local Wal-Mart they just lumped in the monhun/MM boxes with the stuff that should be on the shelves today. Didn't ring up of course because of the date was off but I figured I'd try.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AttackBacon posted:

Their armor looks real sweet, although the full set isn't anything to write home about skill-wise (Low-Rank is Ice Atk+1, Meat Lover, Raise Hunger / High-Rank is Ice Atk+1, Meat Lover, Part Breaker, Raise Hunger / G-Rank X is Ice Atk+2, Meat Lover, Speed Eating+1, Part Breaker, Raise Hunger / G-Rank Z is Rec Speed+2, Stamina Recovery Up, Tremor Res, and Double Bleed). Only Rare 8 as well. Still definitely workable. The weapons are middle-of-the-pack ice weapons with the subspecies paths turning into para weapons that are actually pretty good. The sub charge axe (Desert Rose) in particular is really solid, Impact Phial with Para element, good raw and good sharpness.

Low/High-Rank Armor

Blademaster:
Gunner:

G-Rank X

Blademaster:
Gunner:

G-Rank Z

Blademaster:
Gunner:

I know what I'm going for for my 'I need something to get me through the middle tier hump' armor. Lookit those fin arms :kimchi:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Go look at the Seltas gear and how deliciously tanky it is.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Ignimbrite posted:

Go look at the Seltas gear and how deliciously tanky it is.

I am going to be a miniature giant robot and I will love it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So do like all the new monsters just have great armor or what? Am I gonna spend thousands of hours playing monster hunter dressup?

Yes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Am I gonna spend thousands of hours playing monster hunter dressup?
You're playing Monster Hunter, so yes.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I almost got into a car accident today and the first thought to cross my head was "OH NO HOW WILL THIS AFFECT ME PLAYING MONSTER HUNTER"

help

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

RuBisCO posted:

I almost got into a car accident today and the first thought to cross my head was "OH NO HOW WILL THIS AFFECT ME PLAYING MONSTER HUNTER"

help

Stay inside and play video games, it's safest

Also this intro video is fukin sweet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS1gFCppUyQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
that fresh thread smell

• Locked thread