Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anno 1790 is a surprisingly pleasant series to watch even if it is dumb as poo poo. Maybe it's because one of the main characters sounds Finnish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHgjFyPPKG8

(The actual series doesn't have stupid music)

Fake edit: According to Wikipedia she (well the actor) is :nokia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I could've sworn there was a :nokia: smiley :smith: I guess the only Finnish thing I can use is but that's not exactly a good fit here.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jerry Cotton posted:

Like I said I don't really know. Some (on-line) sources I found said one thing and others another.

Basically the deal was that the Weinsteins wanted to cut the movie up for english release but the director fought against it, so they eventually agreed it'd be released in the original cut but as a limited release instead of wide.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mr. stefan posted:

Basically the deal was that the Weinsteins wanted to cut the movie up for english release but the director fought against it, so they eventually agreed it'd be released in the original cut but as a limited release instead of wide.

I just noticed at the bus stop that it'll be in theatres here tomorrow. Might just spend a few of my culture/exercise notes to see it again on a big screen.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

My favorite whatever right now is working, I guess. I have to like it since it's all I've been doing lately. It'll end soon though, the company I work for was bought and next friday I'm out of a job. Then I'll get a new favorite whatever. Until then I'll enjoy my butt load of over time that goes to paying taxes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

My current favourite forum event is this thread, where moderators, permabanned users and weird twitter people who previously all came together to dogpile a strangely christ-like child are now themselves being hassled.

It's just such a clusterfuck.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

scalded schlong posted:

My current favourite forum event is this thread, where moderators, permabanned users and weird twitter people who previously all came together to dogpile a strangely christ-like child are now themselves being hassled.

"doxxing website against myself and some other people" is the funniest phrase I've heard in a while.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

scalded schlong posted:

this is a cool thing to explicitly not care about, we should all do that.

is this all due to abe not deleting some random teens name from a stupid chatlog

Wrestlepig has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Jul 19, 2014

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

is this all due to abe not deleting some random teens name from a stupid chatlog

TBH doing that when you're talking about letting people touch your penis for financial remuneration is probably a pretty critical priority.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
that thread is like a totally not obsessive poster competition

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

SybilVimes posted:

TBH doing that when you're talking about letting people touch your penis for financial remuneration is probably a pretty critical priority.

he's pretty obviously not a pedophile unless you're trying really hard

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

chaos rhames posted:

he's pretty obviously not a pedophile unless you're trying really hard

It was a stupid thing for Abe to do but yeah unless you're intentionally poo poo-stirring that's all it was.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

scalded schlong posted:

It's just one user and he's not permabanned, it's an avatar that you can click and it takes you places.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

chaos rhames posted:

I need to take my own advice, I've put myself in terrible posting mode

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Palpek posted:

It's just one user and he's not permabanned, it's an avatar that you can click and it takes you places.

Black Baby Goku was permabanned during the SilverSliver debacle last year. No idea when he came back.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I once tried to put Abe on ignore because he was being massively hypocritical about something (can't remember what) and that's when I learned you can't ignore mods which sucks. Welp that's my dramatic moderator story hope you all enjoyed it :tipshat:

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Can someone summarize all of that weird gay drama because it sounds cool but i dont want to read it

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
A bunch of adults tried to bully a child, and made themselves look as cool as that sounds.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Can someone summarize all of that weird gay drama because it sounds cool but i dont want to read it

Some people still use Twitter in the year of our lord 2014, and they are all dumb. But I repeat myself.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Whats your favorite tech/gadgets site? I read The Verge but I'm getting annoyed with the dramatic headlines and nerds with google glasses, flannelshirts and beards. They've also started posting Israel/Palestine news now. I like sites with text articles.

e: And the e-cigs, oh god the e cigs!

Selklubber has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Selklubber posted:

Whats your favorite tech/gadgets site? I read The Verge but I'm getting annoyed with the dramatic headlines and nerds with google glasses, flannelshirts and beards. They've also started posting Israel/Palestine news now. I like sites with text articles.

e: And the e-cigs, oh god the e cigs!

They're all specialized or a bit poo poo, it seems. I've found using Flipboard and aggressively blocking awful sources eventually does get you somewhere acceptable, then linking it with the sites you can put up with is a decent solution. I'm aware Daring Fireball is really awful 80% of the time, and the tone abysmal, but I'll take it over Gizmodo's non-news everyday. That is not saying that John Siracusa is in any way better than Gizmodo, just a bullshit that doesn't get under my skin half as much.

But most of the gadget sites I follow these days are the ones like "the awesomer" "EDC is Everyday Carry" "Cool Material" "Pen Paper Ink Letter" "The Sweethome" and "The Wirecutter" through Feedly. There are a million more like this, but they're less news and more concept work (the gel fridge comes up all the time on my feedly).

• Locked thread