Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Totally in as the Montreal Canadiens.

The 30-picks-deep "__________ Memorial" hockey pools have trained me well for murderous drafts.

Chances are I may need the occasional helping hand in terms of someone (Jordan7hm) selecting off a predetermined list for me some rounds.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Don't claim teams here. I'm gonna post a real thread for it after I come back from lunch.

It just seems more fun to pick prospects and justify them (and why you're picking TEAMYOUCHEERFOR's prospect in the seventh round rather than a real player), rather than picking Jesse Winchester and talking about how he'll shore up your fourth line.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
People taking dumb 4th liners was one of the best parts of vers 1.0

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Stickarts posted:

Totally in as the Montreal Canadiens.

The 30-picks-deep "__________ Memorial" hockey pools have trained me well for murderous drafts.

Chances are I may need the occasional helping hand in terms of someone (Jordan7hm) selecting off a predetermined list for me some rounds.

aint gonna happen Buddy, I still have to ruin the Habs with more Quebecois dissapointments.

p.s that is if I'm assuming the old guard can keep their old teams? :ohdear:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah people who did it last year can keep their teams, sorry Stickarts. Gotta ruin a new franchise.

Alright, I'll remove the bit about not needing fourth liners, and I'll bump it up to 30 picks. I'm going to leave prospects though, so you can choose to take (NHL owned) AHLers if you want, or you can take younger prospects if you want.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Drunk Canuck doesn't deserve the best team in history if he's just going to draft a gimmick team again.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

stab posted:

aint gonna happen Buddy, I still have to ruin the Habs with more Quebecois dissapointments.

p.s that is if I'm assuming the old guard can keep their old teams? :ohdear:

I'll have my revenge.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm going to leave prospects though, so you can choose to take (NHL owned) AHLers if you want, or you can take younger prospects if you want.

Are unsigned draft picks eligible this year?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In as the Detroyet Red Wings, as per us'.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I went back and looked at the Bruins team that I (mostly) picked. In retrospect, I don't think it would have been a very good team so I'm going to skip picking this year and forsake any claim on the Bruins.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll be the Penguins again.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

Are unsigned draft picks eligible this year?

Yeah I think they should be.

For salary cap we'll just assume the ELC value. Not picking Kusnetzov made no sense to me.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey the thread is up.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650666&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nikita Kucherov is gonna score more goals than Yak City this season, bank it.

• Locked thread