Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

AParadox posted:

Shame he is not as good as he used to be anymore, no one even bans his thresh nowadays. Mata is the god sup now.

Yeah, I'm more bummed out about Flame not getting to go to worlds than Madlife, since Flame is arguably still the best top laner in the world. At least Save gets to go, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I really wonder about Tristana's success in NA. I don't think we're better at using her, we're just worse at dealing with her. We saw Cloud 9 deal with her with Kog'maw a few times, and that seems to be what the rest of the world does. I hope we don't continue our dependence on her because it might really hurt us at worlds.

Who am I kidding we don't have a shot anyway.

E: Also I really hope Hai expands his champion pool. These playoff games he looks... very underwhelming on anything not named Zed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I really want an NA team to bring Madlife over because its criminal that he's not going to be at worlds again.
That didn't work out very well for EdWard or Seraph or Helios though. One out of four isn't a great opportunity.

CLG should just invest in a team of Korean All-Stars that have retired, went to another region, or are on struggling teams. CLG Flame, CLG InSec, CLG MakNoon, CLG Capt Jack, CLG Aphromoo

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I strongly suspect that Korea sees less (though not zero) Tristana play because of two reasons:

A) Korean teams are better at closing out games when they have an advantage.
B) Korean teams are over-afraid of picking hypercarries because of reason A, even when it would actually be a good pick (see: Jinx earlier in the past year).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
/\/\
Good points!

Admoon posted:

I really wonder about Tristana's success in NA. I don't think we're better at using her, we're just worse at dealing with her. We saw Cloud 9 deal with her with Kog'maw a few times, and that seems to be what the rest of the world does. I hope we don't continue our dependence on her because it might really hurt us at worlds.

Could be the worse overall play of the region allows games to go later where Tristana can scale, and other regions are able to do something different / strategically mess with the pick more often.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Ah I forgot to take into account closing out games. You guys are right about that.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Admoon posted:

Tristana offers an incredibly safe adc who can carry really hard and can be only punished by high pressure comps. The safe part means that you can get by with lackluster positioning and NA is not very good at running the comps that counter her. Good adc from other regions who trust their positioning skills will go with riskier and higher reward champions, which is why you see more kog'maw, twitch and to lesser degree jinx, champions who spike a lot in midgame and scale very well.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 2, 2014

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Violently Car posted:

Almost none of the results I wanted to happen this split actually did happen. :/

As much as I love to see TSM lose they earned it. I guess this really vindicates Lustboy and Locodoco.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Honestly, Locodoco deserves a lot of credit cause he made Dyrus exercise and the man looks better than he has all year because of it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Just caught up with Game 4 and 5 on VOD because I had to run out. That was a really solid series and I'm shocked but pleasantly surprised that TSM was able to finally overcome their C9 demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Alright, now that all the World Championship teams are decided and the regular seasons are over, I made a new thread. This one was getting far too big.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662086

• Locked thread