Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

Best to go with the usual alias. "Lin Xiao-Mei. So you guys weren't sent by him, huh?" She says with a sigh, finding it hard to hide her disappointment. "Well, thanks, I guess."

She lets her mutant arm turn back into a normal arm. So far, this doesn't feel like a ruse or another bizarre experiment. Too indirect with how Wukong's been treating her so far. The guy's story sounds a bit suspect still, but if they want to wreck poo poo all over Wukong, well. Let's see where this is going before she bails on them.

"Fuckers just jumped on me all of a sudden. I don't even know how long they shoved me in that tank, but I swear it felt like forever. Really awful, too." She stretches her limbs, which makes the torn sleeves, laser-precise cuts, and frayed leggings in her jumpsuit readily apparent. It doesn't look like she did any of that to herself. "Who you 'extracting' here? Are you guys, like, special forces or something?"

TurninTrix posted:

· Aspects ·

Concept: Perfectly Ordinary High-School Cultist
Thog-Manna: I Wear A Thousand Masks, They All Scare Me
Occult: Runaway Child Of Chaos
Intrigue: Can't Stop Looking Behind My Shoulder
Omega: "I just want a normal life!"

· Skills ·
pre:
		Good (+3) Thog-Manna	Fair (+2) Occult	Average (+1) Intrigue

Specialized	Superb (+5):		Great (+4):
		Notice, Physique	Transmogrification

Focused		Great (+4):		Good (+3):		Fair (+2):
		Athletics, Deceive	Will			Contacts, Stealth
Thog-Manna Mode (9 pts): Athletics, Combat, Deceive, Notice, Physique, Provoke

· Stunts/Mega-Stunts ·

A Bit Unstable: Xiao-Mei adds +1 to attack or create advantages with Combat while using firearms.

Sold Rituals at Weiyang Academy: When Xiao-Mei creates a ritual with more than one mega-stunt, she can ignore one of its catches as long as she can get some of her (subverted) classmates to help out.

You're Never Getting Rid Of Me!: Once per scene, Xiao-Mei can check a mental stress box to absorb physical harm. If she does, she gets a free boost.

Dhohanoid Override: Thog-Manna Kaiketsu! (5 benefits):
· Function: Formless, Shapechanging Mass
· Flaw: I'm A Monster, No Matter What
· · Protean Body (2 benefits): Absolutely more flexible and maneuverable than a human (Athletics), but weak to Stross Prime weaponry. Xiao-Mei adds +2 to create advantages with Physique while using her freakish blob form as a weapon.
· · I'll Shrug It Off: Once per scene, Xiao-Mei can spend a fate point to reduce one of her physical consequences by one degree of severity (severe to major, major to mild, mild to nothing).
· · MTHREAT Shapeshifter (2 benefits): Can absolutely fool regular humans while assuming the form of another person or creature (Decieve), but weak to mythos-tracking scanners. While in another form, she can spend a Fate point to take one of her target's skills (Rapport, Stealth, Tooth and Claw, etc) and use Physique in its place for a scene.

(Total benefits: 8 - 5 = 3 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

· Stress ·
Physical OOOO
Mental OOO

Mitama fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang

"Not... exactly. But close enough." He looks around. "Come on, we should move on before someone comes to check why you're free. We'll explain later."

quote:

· Aspects ·

Concept: Hacker, Killer, Planner, Cop
Intrigue: Wearing the Nice Person Mask
Black Hat Assassin: Code Killer
Action: Old Habits Die Hard
Omega: This is My Town (And I Hate That)

Superb (+5):
Great (+4): Athletics, Notice, Deceive, Hacking
Good (+3): Combat, Burglary, Contacts, Stealth, Vehicles
Fair (+2): Will
Average (+1): Physique, Provoke

Black Hat Assassin: (9 pts): Hacking, Combat, Vehicles, Deceive, Will
Hacking: Create Advantage Physical/Mental, Overcome Physical/Mental

· Stunts/Mega-Stunts ·
Cold Steel, Cold Heart: When he is involved in a violent physical conflict, Zhang is Bulletproof against mental attacks.

The Assassin's Touch: Zhang gets Weapon:2 on any attacks he makes against unsuspecting or distracted opponents.

In the Zone: When Zhang takes out an opponent, his Combat goes up by 1 until the end of the conflict.

EQPM:
Reamer Hackerei, "Borrowed" AI Assistant

Function: You Got R34M3D, N00B
Flaw: Only As Smart As Her Owner

Hack the Planet: Reamer and her owner are absolutely better than a normal human at hacking as long as they're working in tandem.

Crash Override: Reamer can occupy the body of any remotely or AI controlled target with a successful Hacking overcome, granting Zhang use of that body's abilities.

· Stress ·
Physical OOOO
Mental OOO

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia

"Freeing an experiment might not be the best of ideas. Let's hope whatever her bloody monster arm is supposed to be is not contagious." Leticia shrugs. "Anyways, if you try something stupid, we kill you, got it?"

quote:

Leticia Durden
Concept - Sullen Retired Mahou Shoujo
Magical Girl - The blockbuster laser of L-O-V-E <3
Banter- While the power of "Moe" degrades the older she becomes, it's still pretty workable now!
Intrigue - It's all going to poo poo anyway...
Omega - Time Shadow Syndrome

Modes -
Good (+3): Magical Girl (Occult, Notice, Will, Combat, Deceive, Provoke)
Fair (+2): Banter (Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport, Will)
Average (+1): Negative Nancy (Athletics, Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Stealth)

+5: Combat, Deceive
+4: Notice, Provoke, Will
+3: Contacts, Occult
+2: Empathy, Rapport
+1: Athletics, Burglary, Stealth

Stunts:

Magical Girl Combat - Leticia gets +2 on Occult when creating Advantages to seal and hinder.

Helpful Sarcasm: - Once per scene, Leticia can roll Provoke against an Ally to give him the advantage "Prove me wrong!".

Equipment:

Coldecapitator and Sparky: Magical Scimitars
Function: Thunder and Ice swords! Badass!
Flaw: Can only be used after ~Magical Girl Transformation~
Ranger's Dual Wielding: +1 on combat when attacking and defending while using the blades. Weapon: 2.
Zzzzap!: Mechanical and wet enemies take an extra shift when damaged by this weapon.
Ice Wall: Spend a Fate Point. Every ally in the same Zone as Leticia gains Armor: 2.

Stress
Physical OOO
Mental OOOO

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

"Hey, I just I want out. You guys do your shadowrun poo poo, I'm just here for the ride." Xiao-Mei smiles gently at the Akathar. She probably studies her a little more closely than she could, never seen a grey this close up before. Cool. "Also, I don't think I'm contagious. I mean, it just comes out through instinct and stuff. I guess?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Aidan Frost

Oh joy. Another eldritch abomination just got pulled into their group. Great. At least she has a sharp pointy thing that she can create from her arm, that could be useful. "C'mon ladies. The faster the better here. We got poo poo to be here." Aidan looks back and gives the new girl a look, a very intense, examining look. A look that says "watch yourself pal".

quote:

Concept: Punk-rear end Eldritch Demigod
Unspeakable: The Millionth Favored One
Action: *Cartoon Villainy, Real Consequences
Intrigue: I've Been Everywhere, Man
Omega: You Have A Heart of Gold, Mr. Grinch

Skills:
+5 Notice, Combat, Reality Fuckery
+4 Provoke
+3 Athletics, Occult, Will
+2 Physique, Vehicles
+1 Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Stealth

Modes:
+3 Unspeakable: Combat, Provoke, Reality Fuckery, Notice, Will, Occult = 7
+2 Action: Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Vehicles = 9
+1 Intrigue: Athletics, Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Stealth = 9
Specialize a Focused Skill (Combat) = 2
Specialize a Trained Skill (Reality Fuckery) = 3
= 30

Weird Skill (1?): Reality Fuckery
Overcome: Bend reality to render the obstacle moot or solve it in a fun and exciting way!
Create Advantage: Set up bonds with the environment to spring traps on someone, or just straight up gently caress with people.

Stunts:

I've Seen poo poo (Yeah? And?): Eldritchproof, but only Mentally.

Gone Postal, Dude: Signature Aspect: Cartoon Villainy, Real Consequences

Weird Stunt: Resurrección Espada - Dientes Infinitos:
Function: I Call It Super Shithead 2
Flaw: OH GOD SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING!

Mid-Season Upgrade: Weapon:2 to Combat checks when using eldritch powers, +2 to Reality Fuckery when doing something blatantly and obviously impossible.
The Kubo Maneuver: +4 to Create Advantages with Athletics while suddenly appearing behind somebody, but at a cost.
Teeth, Teeth, TEETH!: Absolutely more horrifying (Provoke) than a human, but cannot affect creatures or agents of Nyarlathotep.
Benefits: 4

Total FP to GM: 1
Likelihood to change: yes.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Okay! Stormgale/Marcus had to drop out, so...

:siren: Lin Xiao-Mei has joined your party!

The arm thing is weird but she seems legit. What do you want to do now?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia

"What the hell is 'Shadowrun'? Argh, nevermind, let's just get the hell outta here. We got enough evidence that Wukong is doing some real bloody nasty stuff, and they won't probably let us go now that we have it." Leticia shrugs while taking a look around. Guess that is the time a guard or scientist actually notices the intruders letting out an experiment... I mean, with her luck, it's usually at this time that this kind of crap happens.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang

Zhang sighs. "Darn. That's a plan down the drain. Stupid sympathetic captives." He looks at Leticia. "Unfortunately, you're wrong... under the Mutative STARS Act people like Xiao-Mei have no human rights in China. We can't get anything on them for experimenting on..." he points at Lin. "Someone who has that sort of power. The Xanthic Storm ruined any sort of goodwill toward that."

Zhang calls up Jirenzhe's mapping again. "We probably will have to go at least one layer deeper in to find someone who still qualifies as human under the law."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

"Wow, rude." Xio-Mei crosses her arms. "I'm sure you can bust them for being assholes or something."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang

"If I could do that I'd have half of Shanghai in the stocks."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia

"Whether the girl here was a human experiment or not... There's still a bunch of stuff here that is definitely not legal either, though." Leticia shrugs. "At least if we poke enough around at least."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

"What about this person you're tryin' to extract?" Xiao-Mei tilts her head. "Are you getting her for evidence?"

She cares little about their business, but that doesn't mean she won't needle about it.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang

"Yes." Zhang shows absolutely no shame. "If we can get her out, that will let us shut down their entire operation. And also make us look really good. We aren't heroes."

He opens the door back to the main corridor. "But apparently we're one of the closest things Shanghai has."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"..."

"Zhang. Never say that again. You just gave me chills. Do you have any idea what it takes to give a horrible abomination unto whatever counts as a God in this day and age loving chills? I really hope you don't, 'cause otherwise you got some 'splainin' to do." After he says that, he looks over at Xiao-Mei and just sort of stares at her for a moment. "...what it's true."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

Xiao-Mei is too busy snickering to properly reply.

"oh my god he said that with a straight face."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia

Oh bloody 'ell, he just said heroes? Leticia winces while remembering the times that she was considered a "heroine". "Mrgrgrgrgrrr let's just move on okay?!" She grunts while looking for a way to another lab that lacks any kind of vigilance.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
The nearby labs all seem to contain creatures Wukong wants to study. The defenses are all automated, so you can probably open one or two more without anyone noticing. If you open too many or release a creature that'd go on a rampage, though, you are probably in trouble.

This place seems familiar, though. That's when it hits you - some of these corridors match some of the art from that weird manga, almost down to the scratches. Ponpokonā is close.

. ..

Okay! While devilmaydry and I chat, everyone should describe one of these things, and I'll assign each an aspect:

• A creature Wukong keeps here for study, and why releasing them would be a double-edged sword
• An NPC in the area who hasn't noticed you... yet
• A feature of Wukong's labs which is very useful but you which might regret later

Then we're just going to intro his character and go right to your target.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

She takes a deep breath after that. Laughing feels good. It still feels human. She can hold on to that.

"I hope I find some better clothes." Xiao-Mei follows the others, while appraising her worn jumpsuit. "It'd be easier to blend in."

Like that scientist lady over there in the far side of the lab they're currently in. She looks really busy, observing a glass case full of eldritch creature organs undergoing some electric reanimation process. Hmm.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

"I'm sure we can get some from one of the scrubs." Aidan dismissively remarks. He looks around the corridors and recognizes the similarity between it and the stupid manga. He starts thinking about anime, and that causes him to have flashbacks to that thing inside that woman's head. Suddenly he did not like this place anymore. "Oh god not this again god dammit I just forgot about the last time..."

He almost went for the wards out of principle, coming within inches of undoing the drat things just to get it over with. But no, no that would not do at all right now. It would bring too much poo poo to deal with, and more importantly, there is still the fact that there's a bomb in his chest with someone else at the button. Perhaps later, when it's more appropriate to subject this place to dumb bullshit, he will undo it. For now, he...sort of stares at the wards. He looks at the wards, and he feels the presence behind them, and he wonders.

See, the thing somewhere in this facility happens to be...well, for lack of a better term, a Server Node of Cthugha. Someone managed to somehow find a loose connection or avatar in the Cthugha "network", sever it, and keep it contained and stabilized. So far it's remained contained, just as this giant ball of sentient electromagnetic activity suspended in an arcanely enhanced superconductor with all sorts of little sensors and pokey bits. The good news is someone in here doesn't really know about the advantages of compartmentalized electrical systems. If the Node-Spark gets loose, it will flood the entire system, shorting it and putting it on the fritz and out of the control of any of these morons poking at the unknowable things. The bad news is, being a thing that is known for being connected to a possibly intergalactic electromagnetic network hivemind and then being severed from anything resembling that sort of stimulus can drive the thing that was once connected to said network hivemind rather...unstable. Plus, the flood of errant electromagnetic activity might gently caress with the AR and communications within the facility. That's not to mention the fact that the electrical facilities happen to be hooked up to a prototype powered suit that happens to be conveniently similar to the Exocute sponsored Tokubug line of portable powered armors, and it just so happens to have computer assisted motorization...

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang

Zhang makes a note of the security doors.

They're weird.

So in most facilities, the doors fail shut in the event of a power shutdown, right? And based on the electrical diagrams, that's what these do too.

In most facilities, the doors can be opened from the inside manually, to free anyone trapped.

Most.

This one is backwards. All the doors can only be opened from the outside. So if you were to say, flee, and jam the door shut, nothing could follow you through.

Of course, if someone beats you out, same thing applies.

It makes a sort of sense. This place is meant to keep the monsters in. But it's Triad Cold™. Anyone stuck in here during an "incident" is as good as dead.

Zhang shivers a little. Best to be in, and out. And not get caught.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia

Leticia bites her own index finger once she notices a Containing Chronosphere. She knew those as the OOI used that kind of angle-less prison to contain a captured Hound of Tindalos, the strange time-warping creatures that devour human life-force. The Chronosphere was closed tight and lacked any kind of angles, keeping the creature inside unable to travel to a time before it was captured... Of course, it was just a matter of making a small opening and the Hound would jump out of it and create a good lot of mayhem... Or perhaps just go after whoever freed it in first place. Was that a risk worth taking?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Aspects

Xiao-Mei creates Disguised As Dr Chen Chun!

Aidan creates Cthugha Node-Spark and I guess Cthugha is an electromagnetic network hivemind now. Approved!

Zhang creates Triad Cold™ Security Systems!

Leticia creates Captured Hound!

Meanwhile

You're pretty sure you're in the right area now. It looks suspiciously like the last area, but if you compare the signs to the manga you're holding, this is the lab!

There's more than one occupied tank in here, though.

Hmm...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia

"Any other humanoid test subjects?" Leticia asks the others. There might be creatures like the hounds on those containment capsules, but there might be... 'People?' like that girl with the weird arm. Of course, it's better not to take risks with no reason...

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lin Xiao-Mei

"Hey, doctor?"

Xiao-Mei pokes the scientist from behind, which prompts the latter to peel away from the case of eldritch organs. She turns around, sees the teenage girl in the jumpsuit, and nearly recoils in shock.

"Hey, don't scream." With two fingers, Xiao-Mei presses two fingers against the scientist's neck, as if to trigger some pressure point. That does the trick, as the woman immediately passes out and slumps against the case.

"Good. Thanks, doctor-" Lin leans down to check out the ID around the unconscious scientist's neck. "...Chen Chun. Okay, so. Dr. Chen Chun, do you mind if I borrow your ID and your coat for a bit? It's really important and I promise that you won't miss it by the time you wake up. Thanks."

Xiao-Mei could grow a giant claw arm and bust out of here, sure, if she really wants to die in a hail of bullets. Infiltration and subterfuge are the tools of this Dhohanoid form, and she intends to use them well. As she puts on Dr. Chen's lab coat over her ratty jumpsuit, Xiao-Mei gradually shifts her appearance to mimic that of the doctor's. By the time she puts on the shoes, she looks like the scientist's splitting image.

Amazing what a change of clothes could do.

"You know, I could just walk outta here at this point." She says in the Doctor's voice, while straightening her coat. "But I'd feel bad, I think. Also, I still wanna see your friend." And she can't trust that these guys wouldn't shoot her while her back is turned.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang

"Quick decision, people." Zhang gestures at the occupied tanks. "Do we vent some more tanks, and risk getting less friendly escapees, or do we just go?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Aidan Frost

Aidan looks to Zhang with something of a cross between frustration and befuddlement. "How loving long have we known each other again? Dude, if we won't, they will, and if you won't, I will. Might as well be us so it can be our fault rather than their's. That way we can be in the right. Just-" Aidan points to the giant container. "For the love of gently caress don't open that poo poo. Let me open that poo poo."

• Locked thread