Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I'm at level 13 of Breakdown. I got a "lost survivor" mission for an enclave at the Church base (the one that's your first base in vanilla SoD), and headed up there.

Now, in the higher levels of Breakdown, this area is extremely dangerous. The woods spanning from the backyard of the base to the trailer park are full of zombies, and if you go through my post history in this thread, you'll see that this is where a previous play through of mine went off the rails thanks to the cascading effect of a bunch of zombies being drawn into this base and killing like four of my best survivors.

Pretty much the same thing happened this time. Immediately outside of the gate, we get jumped by a bunch of zombies, and have to fight our way to the point where the missing person is. We find them and are making our way back, but now there's even more zombies nipping at our heels. I take a few out with a silenced firearm, but one of my AI counterparts fires an unsuppressed weapon that draws every ghoul around from seemingly miles away. At this point, I get jumped by a feral and manage to kick it off after losing 40% of my health, and decide "gently caress it, I'm out." I try to extricate the two other survivors, but one dies in front of me and the other is grievously wounded. I manage to get the former missing person back to the church and jump in my car, but there are still scores of zombies coming into the church.

Everyone in that community died the attack that night. My own storage locker is full now, so when I find guns I don't want, I'll head up there to drop them off. There are no survivors left, just an empty base with a supply locker in there. It's pretty eerie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ugh that church is the worst.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'm convinced that the only reason Stealth Kill and Double Kill are ever used is for the achievements.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Do mods work on the newest version? Have the original + DLC's but the updated graphics are tempting me to buy it next time it goes on sale

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danith posted:

Do mods work on the newest version? Have the original + DLC's but the updated graphics are tempting me to buy it next time it goes on sale

Modders have been messing around with it. Some of them still work, some don't. Not sure if there's any hard rules on what breaks or not.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Atmus posted:

I'm convinced that the only reason Stealth Kill and Double Kill are ever used is for the achievements.

I use it to quietly go through a house from time to time when I want to be "tacticool"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Danith posted:

Some have been updated, and they usually specify right away if they're compatible or not. No crossbow mod has been updated yet because of the way YOSE handles items or something, which sucks because SoD isn't worth playing without crossbows.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I just got this, having a lot of fun with it, but I really need to recruit some survivors (in order to move to the base I want) and I can't figure out which step I'm missing. We have a group of generic survivors right next to us, I did all their missions, their trust bar is full, but now I only have the option to greet them. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to progress the story more?

Edit: This question is kinda moot now; I ended up restarting because literally half my survivors died to what I'm pretty sure was the feral each time. I am not good at this game.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 25, 2015

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I just got this, having a lot of fun with it, but I really need to recruit some survivors (in order to move to the base I want) and I can't figure out which step I'm missing. We have a group of generic survivors right next to us, I did all their missions, their trust bar is full, but now I only have the option to greet them. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to progress the story more?

Edit: This question is kinda moot now; I ended up restarting because literally half my survivors died to what I'm pretty sure was the feral each time. I am not good at this game.

They randomly ask to join sometimes, but not always. If you go to the construction menu and select the radio tower there should be an option to look for survivors. There's a pretty good chance you'll get someone that wants to join.

El Seven
Jan 15, 2012
Patch Notes for the recent update:

Steam players: Please note that we had to change the update process, and part of that change is that you'll be downloading a huge patch - possibly the entire game - even though we didn't change THAT many files. I am really sorry about that, but there was nothing else we could do.

Edit to add: PC players! Specific notes to you have been added to this post!

Grab a beverage and enjoy the notes while we wait for the patch machinery to turn.

NEW BREAKDOWN LEVELS:

- Added new difficulty levels to Breakdown. Levels now increase in difficulty up to level 100 (with later increases updating every 5 levels). Score multiplier also increases as you progress in difficulty.

- Here are the details for new Breakdown levels:

Levels

Description

Welcome to Breakdown!

1-8

Fewer resources. Fewer cars. More fast zombies.

9-14

Small extra damage. No map indicators.

15-19

Screamers! Extra Screamers. Small extra damage. No map indicators.

20-24

25-29

Bulletproof! Extra armored zombies. Small extra damage. No map indicators.

30-34

35-39

Too Quiet... Extra ambush zombies. Small extra damage. No map indicators.

40-44

45-49

Juggernauts! Extra Juggernauts. Lethal Juggernauts (grabs kill, regardless of health). Small extra damage. No map indicators.

50-54

Moderate extra damage. Lethal Juggernauts. No map indicators.

55-59

Biohazard! Extra Bloaters. Moderate extra damage. Lethal Juggernauts. No map indicators.

60-64

65-69

Dead Man's Party! Extra hordes. Extra infestations. Moderate extra damage. Lethal Juggernauts. No map indicators.

70-74

75-79

Creeping Death. Extra Screamers. Extra Bloaters. Moderate extra damage. Lethal Juggernauts. No map indicators.

80-84

85-89

Frenzy! Extra Ferals. Lethal Juggernauts. Moderate extra damage. No map indicators.

90-94

95-98

Tooth and Claw. Extra Ferals. Extra Juggernauts. Lethal Juggernauts. Moderate extra damage. No Map indicators.

99+

Armageddon. Scariest environment imaginable. Massive extra damage. Lethal Juggernauts. No map indicators.

IMPROVED CAR/CAR REPAIR SYSTEM:

- Added icons to parking spots in Journal for actions to repair doors, tires, body, engine, or all components.

- Actions are only available if the component is damaged

- Repair all is only available if two or more components are damaged

- Repairs work instantaneously

- Added resource requirements (influence and materials) for each repair action

- Added some basic description text to repair action icons.

- Repair engine and repair all actions now require a tools expert

- When checking if a component category such as tires needs repairs, check whether any of the components in that category need repairs rather than just the first component in that category.

- Increased damage ratio threshold for needing repairs to 0.2, which corresponds to when damage becomes visible (ex: smoke starts coming out of the engine when its damage ratio reaches 0.2).

- Added the manual vehicle repair feature to the base game and Lifeline (was just in Breakdown previously)

- Added “Workshop” as a requirement for repairing tires, doors and body

- Added machine shop as a requirement for repairing the engine and repair all (except for in Lifeline where the machine shop doesn't exist, so “Workshop” was used)

- Repair body and repair all actions now also remove blood from the vehicle

- Added new Facility_Block layout for Parking Facility for new repair actions

- Added function to vehicle manager to get a vehicle's display name

- Display parked vehicles' names when highlighting a parking spot in the journal. If the spot is empty then display a message that no vehicle is parked there.

- The repair body action will now also repair components with type bumper and hull

- Manual vehicle repair now replaces bumper after it has been broken off

- When a tire is repaired, the “rim” visual is now replaced with the inflated tire.

- Manual vehicle repair 'Replace Tires' now properly repair all tires

NEW GENERAL:

- Faster character switching.

- Reduce MAX_LIVE_NPC_ZOMBIES and increase MAX_LIVE_ZOMBIES.

- Added 'Extras' radio menu; all challenge rewards on the "Extras" radio menu

- Added new graphic to Radio menu's RadioSetChannelLabels() function

- Jurassic Junction billboards are now non-destructable (they never regenerated properly)

FIXES:

- Fix for some users unable to have all DLC installed

- Players should now retroactively receive achievements for characters they have unlocked when they import a saved game. (You should no longer need to start over and lose a saved game.)

- Added mood things to characters that lacked them (should prevent “perma-grim”)

- Fixes for particle burn effect:

- Sometimes the effect would not show up at all - this is fixed.

- Sometimes the effect would show up really late in the animation - this is fixed.

- Made the number of zombies activated from Molotov more consistent.

- Tiny fixes for memory leak

- Fix crash after remote sign out on restart

- Fix for dam flies which were causing crash

- Fix crash when loading in with more than 55 community members

- Fix for Ferals running at players that are already in a grab from another Feral.

- The game no longer shows an icon for a repair action at all if the corresponding component is not damaged enough to warrant repairs

- Music bug fixes for missing soundtrack music cue, incorrect credits music

- Fixed issue with the player upgrading the workshop to a machine shop and getting access to repair engine, but no longer being able to repair tires, doors or body.

- Game now aborts auto repair if vehicle blows up the precise instant you start a repair

- Fixed bad physics after repairing wheels on military pickup, by forcing suspension stiffness to be automatically computed.

- Fixed blip in the UI front end regarding the autosave message

- Fix for screen becoming black during play on Xbox

- Updated hint text for the radio changes

- Prevent zombies spawning too close or too visible when exiting vehicle.

- Fix undefined string in "select breakdown difficulty" front end screen

- NPC’s will stop running immediately after loading into a game

- We now prevent the loading screen from showing if the game loads in before the loading screen does.

- Visible draw reduced on starting a new game of Lifeline, to reduce load in lag

- Base defense names will no longer show up as debug names in journal

- Invalid action returns players to the 'home' page of the journal instead of attempting to display action.

PC specific notes:
- Added 4k resolution support

- Added a fullscreen toggle to the options menu

- Fixed a rendering issue that caused the splash screen run at a small resolution in the corner of the screen

- Fixed an issue where the game would hang on a black screen if the player pressed Alt+Tab/Enter during the splash screens

- Fixed all instances where UI elements cannot be clicked on with a mouse

- Reduced instances where props randomly drop in texture resolution level

- Fixed an issue where a loading screen would appear over gameplay

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
State of Decay 2 announced:
https://undeadlabs.com/2016/06/news/a-letter-from-jeff/

Xbox One and PC 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB4fFl-Ysg8

http://stateofdecay.com/

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This looks more like a bigger better version of the game, with multiplayer, instead of a dumb MMO like was the rumor. I hope.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How much better is the updated version of the original game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you already own the first version? Probably not worth it unless you pay $5. If you don't own the original, might as well get the updated one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-16-heres-whats-new-in-state-of-decay-year-one-survival-edition

• Locked thread