Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I also have a s5 with Verizon and I've been using Dropbox to save and organize my pictures.

I think that the rain you got this morning is trying to kill me when I leave work this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Used Sunlight sales posted:

Oh, duh. I'm using a Galaxy S5 on Verizon. I have tried a couple apps, but none are really satisfactory.

Ah, I have the same phone. Personally, the official app has been garbage for me. It's pretty spotty when connecting. I've had far better luck with ez imgur. Anything in particular that you didn't like about the other apps you tried? I can play around with a few and see if any are better.

Or, like rscott mentioned, you could try something like dropbox/skydriveOneDrive/Google Drive. Those usually have a photo sync feature so that uploads are automatic, if you like.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Huh. I live in Plano myself. Small world.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

some texas redneck posted:

Huh. I live in Plano myself. Small world.

This dude had a cute girlfriend.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TWBalls posted:

Which Phone? This forum is full of geeks, I'm sure one of us can help. If it's a smartphone, there's a good chance there's an app for Imgur. I'm on Android and I know there's one on the Google Play market.

Hrmm,

Speaking of, I use an old beat up Galaxy Nexus. What is the most efficient workflow for using the Android SomethingAwful App to upload a photo from my phone to the forums ?

Edit: Also, up in Grande Prairie, Alberta we have been getting some odd weather the past month. Today was a nice sunny 29 Celsius. I went into the auto supply store for some random use and toss tools, and all the sudden I hear crazy noises from the HVAC units. I then figure out it is insane wind/hale/thunder. The kind of poo poo that if you don't pull over for when driving you will have dents.

jonathan fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 28, 2014

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Quick update,

Pop broke his skid steer, and it's going to the shop for a bunch of work, so he borrowed my machine. Ran it less than four hours and tore it up too. It needs some parts and a little love in the shop, other than that, it will be back in action soon.

We've been busy cutting trees the last couple weeks, while I've got some down time I will try to get my cameras all back together and shoot some video. The places I am working in are pretty crazy, and I only realized that after taking a couple people around to see what I had been doing....Nothing like hanging from your seat belts all day looking nearly straight down cutting trees. It's pretty intense and I can only handle about 4-6 hours a day without my legs turning to jello.

I need to stop being lazy and reset my SA password so I can start using the SA app on my tablet and phone and upload pics from there.

In other news, I may have discovered the new world record Black Walnut tree. This monster measures 17'4" around at the narrowest part above the ground, and it's growing in a grove of cedars, so it's hard to get a sense of it's true scale.

Me in the tree.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

:aaaaa:

There is no way you can convince me that tree is from Kansas. . . I grew up in western Kansas where the only trees are windbreaks, and 3 naturally occurring trees throughout the rest of the county. I've seen a bird so desperate it made a nest from barbed wire, I simply cant believe this barren state has trees like that.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
And now back to my regularly scheduled content updates!

I guess the last big thing was the fire and getting cows. I said something about the drought, how dry it's been and now we've had almost a record wet June. It's almost mind blowing to have seen that much rain in that short of a time after having basically nothing for almost a year. 9.64 inches of rain in June, .09 short of the record, not to mention the rain we got early on July 1.

The grass is simply amazing.

So it's green, there's a poo poo load of grass. I was getting pretty depressed and down about how dry it was and how little grass I had. It's a good change now and I like it. The long term wave looks to be warming and dry, the heat breaking in early to mid August and more rain.

I sort of have pics organized into sections, I'll try to tell the story as best I can.

Fire:
These are aerial pics, taken from a R44 Raven II that my CFI owns. He flew down about 10-12 days after the fire, landed in the yard at ranch HQ and took my pop and I for a little ride.

In total 3200 acres burned that day, who knows how many Cedars gave their lives for the greater good of mankind. That creek bottom is now running more water than it has in the span of anyone's memory.
Now springs started flowing within a week of the fire, keep in mind this was back in May, before we'd had any rain.

I haven't been driving my dump truck any because it has my g/f's roof in the back of it and we haven't had a chance when our schedules have matched up to go take it to the dump and get it home. I've been too busy with other projects anyway to get any dump trucking done. That's going to change in a couple weeks.

I am glad I am not a roofer for a living, that's hard work.

You know what I really hate? loving brand new broke poo poo. There's nothing worse than something basically brand new that's hosed up from the factory.

Failed upper shock mount. Left me and my 'executive associate' walking about a mile and a half in the brush. Called my neighbors' wife, a super cool chick and she loaded up their one year old and came out and met us in the pasture. We had to walk a mile to the trail first though.

Bought a new Turbo Saw (I sold my old one to my pops.) This happens on about hour four.

New o-ring and re-torqued and it's good to go.

I made it about another ten hours and rounded out the center hex on the torque plate that makes the head rotate. There's a shaft that runs inside the main frame to transfer the torque from the bellcrank on the hydraulic cylinder to the saw head. The plate that the front of that shaft is mated to with a hex (male) machined on the end of the shaft. Anyway, when that fucker rounds out, the saw head just sort of flops around. Got to have that fixed. I called the factory, talked to the CEO and Chief engineer, he admitted that it was a factory problem, just send the saw down and we'll fix it in less than two hours.

You can make out the torque plate and the shaft.

Ain't no poo poo like brand new broke poo poo. :clint:

How about critters?

I have an alcoholic cat.

A dog that likes fish.

A snake.

A turtle.

A snake inside a tree.

Cool dog in a truck.

While I'm in critter mode, skip the next one if you're squeamish.

Dead Calf in a hole. :( Sucks when this happens, especially when you find it on a nice warm day. :barf:

Possibly :nms:

Late spring also means time to work calves. After a calf is born, it will get an ear tag so you know who it's mom is. (most guys have the same number on the cow and calf while it's nursing to make record keeping and ID simpler. I know people that don't and have done business with them and it's loving frustrating.) At this time it will also get some basic immunizations and vaccine. You'd do it for your kids right? Usually after they are a couple months old they are worked. That entails some more drugs, branding and also...they boys get their balls removed and becomes steers.

The basics of how the crew I work with does it, the guys on horse back rope the calves. They drag them to the muggers, usually high school kids willing to do it for money, and the muggers get the calf on the ground and hold it there while the rest of the crew does what they need to. In the span of a few short seconds, the calf gets two injections, one for black leg and a broad spectrum antibiotic. These had already had all the rest of the vaccines they will need for a year. The calf also gets branded for ownership traceability, balls removed if applicable and a nice little spray of de-wormer. Then they are turned loose and rejoin the herd.

Does it hurt? Hell yes, but it's not for long. How much of a poo poo do you give when your kid cries when they get their first shots and get circumcised? Don't judge the way I provide you with quality, great tasting and healthy food. These calves represent a very significant amount of money and a great amount of thought and care is put into them. They are valuable animals, especially right now with near record high cattle prices and no one wants to hurt or lose one. Each calf at sale time could represent as much as 500 bucks after direct costs, before overheads. Every calf that lives to get weaned is money in my partners and my pocket. We take good care of our cows.

Have a bucket of balls. You might call them calf fries or Rocky Mountain Oysters.

These fine gentlemen are some of the best, roughest, baddest, biggest outlaw cowboys around.

I have a couple hours of video from working calves and doing real cowboy poo poo, I just haven't had time to mess with it. I will some day, I swear.

The war on eastern red cedars continues.

Heavy artillery in the Cedarwar.

Before:

After:

I get down to some pretty sketchy places with my machine, the tracks really help with claw up and down hills.
This pic was taken from the top of the trail I used to get down to bottom and cut. Just keep the heavy end pointed up hiil. :)

69 mph winds turn cut baby cedars into Kansas Tumbleweeds.

With all the rain we've had I've had to spend a bunch of time checking water gaps and creek crossings. Including taking several trips up to the old fallen down natural bridge.

All the trees and crap in there washed down in 2008, we had 4.25 or so inches of rain in less than two hours. That was 10 days after I had a wildfire burn up the 55% in the middle of the ranch, so there was no ground litter to slow down all that water. Most of the trees had been cut the prior winter, and they got swept up in the waters and deposited here. Some time we need to just toss about 20 gallons of gas/diesel/oil down there and throw matches in until it lights up and then just have a little bonfire. Maybe next winter if we get any snow.

I've been playing with my new grader attachment too.

And then it got muddy.

Saw this amazing bastard on the way back from the sand dunes a couple weeks ago. You really should embiggen this one.

Drove through a construction zone. They've got a move a bunch of rock to build a new bridge.

Saw these guys hard parking at a disposal well.

Finally, me relaxing in the big drat tree.

I've been thinking about getting a quadcopter that will carry a gopro (or equivalent,) stable outdoors in the wind and has >15 mins flight time. Preferably a gimbal stabilized camera.
I'm seriously thinking about a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + for now and getting one of these AirDog when they become available, or simply getting in on the kickstarter. I still have time to make up my mind.
I can probably afford a phantom now and an airdog when they come out, but if I get in on the airdog kickstarter i won't be able to afford a phantom until the end of the year. Pass on kickstarter and get a Phantom and buy an Airdog at retail seems to make the most sense. Anyone know anything about them?

That's the update from the Red Hills. See ya.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Fantastic photos/update, especially the cattle stuff. Literally everyone I know has no idea of what goes into their tasty hamburger. I had access to some family trust land growing up that was leased to cattle ranchers, and one year my family and some friends went and observed a calf tagging/gelding etc. during a camping trip. My dad got a bunch of Rocky Mountain Oysters which were cooked up with onions later that night over a Coleman, and enjoyed by the Jack Daniels brave. It was a fantastic education for a largely city kid and although the trust finally dissolved and the land was sadly sold off, I never forgot the amount of work that goes into quality meat.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Great update, USS.
I'm curious, what's the benefit of giving the young cattle an antibiotic just because? Does it prevent further infection to the rest of the herd if another one catches something? Whats the rate of bovine infection like out there? I'm from NE GA and when we had cows (disclaimer, only 3 at a time) we never gave them antibiotics. (To my knowledge, I was like 12 at the time but I was present for the steering!)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I've been thinking about getting a quadcopter that will carry a gopro (or equivalent,) stable outdoors in the wind and has >15 mins flight time. Preferably a gimbal stabilized camera.
I'm seriously thinking about a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + for now and getting one of these AirDog when they become available, or simply getting in on the kickstarter. I still have time to make up my mind.
I can probably afford a phantom now and an airdog when they come out, but if I get in on the airdog kickstarter i won't be able to afford a phantom until the end of the year. Pass on kickstarter and get a Phantom and buy an Airdog at retail seems to make the most sense. Anyone know anything about them?

That's the update from the Red Hills. See ya.

For this I'd recommend checking out the aerial r/c thread over in DIY - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386779

Someone there should be able to give you a good comparison and recommendations. Quads with gopro's are a lot of fun and for your use might be perfect.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Parrot have a new one, the Bebop, coming out later this year. Looks pretty cool, and supposed to be significantly cheaper than the DJI equivalents. Maybe check that out?

The animal stuff's interesting. How does it work with the vaccinations etc? You do it yourselves, or do you have a vet who comes out for the day?

Also, I feel the need to play this in the background while reading your thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQTH3a0mjR8

How much of a poo poo do you give when your kid cries when they get their first shots and get circumcised? Don't judge the way I provide you with quality, great tasting and healthy food.
Since you asked, if someone brands/castrates a stock animal, or docks a working dog's tail, I'm fine with it, because I understand the nature of it being a working environment, and there's a purpose behind it, same with vaccinating kids. Infant circumcision is loving monstrous, though, and its continued status as an accepted - never mind almost default - practice in the US is utterly, utterly backward.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

jonathan posted:

Hrmm,

Speaking of, I use an old beat up Galaxy Nexus. What is the most efficient workflow for using the Android SomethingAwful App to upload a photo from my phone to the forums ?

Good question. I mostly use the Awful app for browsing. I figured I'd test it out now.

Sample pic:

Well, with the above pic, I used EZImgur. It uploaded easily enough. Problem is, when I try to get the URL to post the pic, it just copies the URL. It doesn't offer the bbcode like the full site does, so I had to add the [timg] [/timg] tags. I'll have to play around a bit and see if there's an easier way.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I never forgot the amount of work that goes into quality meat.

Guess who is making all the money?

SuperDucky posted:

Great update, USS.
I'm curious, what's the benefit of giving the young cattle an antibiotic just because? Does it prevent further infection to the rest of the herd if another one catches something? Whats the rate of bovine infection like out there?

The vaccines soon after birth are just that, the ones they need to survive deadly childhood diseases, but in bovines. It's all preventative. Some diseases have pretty long incubations and very high transmission rates, it's better and more cost effective to keep it from happening in the first place. Rate of infection on my places and my business partner's place is very low, mine is near zero. I've had to have a total of four doctorings in the last three years on my place. Before that there was more, but then we had more rain and I had 1,600 head of stockers to worry about. More bovines in a smaller space, the higher the risk of infection and greater transmission.

InitialDave posted:

Parrot have a new one, the Bebop, coming out later this year. Looks pretty cool, and supposed to be significantly cheaper than the DJI equivalents. Maybe check that out?

The animal stuff's interesting. How does it work with the vaccinations etc? You do it yourselves, or do you have a vet who comes out for the day?

Also, I feel the need to play this in the background while reading your thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQTH3a0mjR8

Since you asked, if someone brands/castrates a stock animal, or docks a working dog's tail, I'm fine with it, because I understand the nature of it being a working environment, and there's a purpose behind it, same with vaccinating kids. Infant circumcision is loving monstrous, though, and its continued status as an accepted - never mind almost default - practice in the US is utterly, utterly backward.

We (the crew) give the injections and do the cutting, no vet on site. Not really needed for the sort of work we were doing. I'm the first one to admit I'm not a cowboy at all, so I was one of the guys giving injections, cutting and applying the de-wormer liquid. The real cowboys (a couple posts up) were the ones doing the roping and dragging, the high school kids were doing the dogging and mugging (wrassling the calf to the ground and holding it down.)

I liked that music, thanks.
maybe circumcision wasn't a great comparison, you got my point though.

I poked around on a couple sites, read some reviews, did a little research and watched some youtubery. Through all that I decided to pull the trigger on a DJI Phantom 2 Vision +. I think it will suit my needs until the AirDog is available at the end of the year. Really, I can see some practical use at the ranch for a drone with FPV that I can watch the footage from in the field. The alleged ease of use and high wind tolerance sold me.

I can see a lot of uses for it. I can take it with me in RZR or Kubota out in the pasture, set it up and go check a really large area really fast for cows, trees, intruders, wildlife, grass. The list goes on, and the more I thought about it the more I can justify it from a business stand point. I have 7,000 of my own acres to fly around on, There's two radio towers close enough that virtually no one will be under 1,000 AGL.

I just had a thought, if there was a self powered device that was weather tolerant that I could simply clip to a fence post and it would display the voltage of the fence (up to 15.0kv something in the milliamp range.) on a device/display that would be visible on a camera hovering five feet away, then I could just use my drone to check fences. :smuggo: Possibly from the comfort of my air conditioned cab in the Kubota. At any rate, I'm going to try to use it for work as much as I can. I believe that there is a future for aerial forage assessment, and I think this is the first step. Real time, on demand, I can go look at anything, check cows without disturbing them, check water gaps without risking getting stuck or having to walk through a bunch of mud.

I need to solve the problem of where to fly it from, something like a light weight landing platform, big enough to catch 99% of all 'return-to-home' automated landings in the winds out here.
Something with a flat base, possibly foldable. Folding/retracting legs about a foot tall. Maybe extenders to can extend to variable heights, like the ones found on rifle bipods? Then I'd need a way to attach a target that sticks out the center of one of the sides that extends out at a 90 angle to the platform, parallel to the ground. It needs to have markings on it so I can see with the FPV cam mounted in front my markers for landing.

Cool thing to think about, I'd have to build one from scratch I think. I'm sure I won't have too much of a problem finding places to take off and land for a while. It should be here in a week, and I'm looking forward to putting it to work.

Later in the year I'll get an AirDog, I think the two drones will have different niches in my world. I looked at the BeBop and it just seemed a little too much like a toy and not as wind tolerant. If I can't fly in 20mph winds, I'll never be able to fly the drat thing except at night, indoors with the windows closed.

I've had a few videos from my phone that I uploaded direct to youtube. They aren't edited or scripted so I don't think I will make them public just yet. They are unlisted for now, until I make up my fool mind if I want to edit them or just go with it.

These are from the water flows we had the last time it rained, overnight 30 June to 1 July.

Water disappearing:
http://youtu.be/LJjqR2dBqWw

http://youtu.be/n0BJqw-ZKCY

Water out and debris
http://youtu.be/GK2ywKVJVdI

The last three minutes of a 20 minute cow move. I pretty much just called them, drove to the gate and called them through. Nothing to it, just an easy move.
http://youtu.be/bfk1SLWTpxA

I had to do an emergency move on those cows this morning. First thing I went to check water down there. The 2,000 gallons in the stock tank....gone. The ten thousand gallons in storage....gone. Something has gone awry with either the tank or the plumbing under it. Either way it's beyond my capability to repair fast enough NOT to have to move the cows again and skip two paddocks. So I did more or less an emergency cow move first thing, and that hosed up all my plans for the rest of the day. :sigh:

I had to scramble to get some fence up in front of them and hot, that done, I had to run back to HQ. I called my partner to come over and look at a bull, he was on his way, so after being gone fifteen minutes, I got back and the cows had blown out the electric fence by the water tanks. Sometimes to have to do things in a hurry and you don't do them professional enough. Sometimes that poo poo bites you in butt, this was one of those days. We ran them back into the pens, looked for the bull, didn't find him and turned the cows out and locked them out of the water trap. Instead of jury rigging the jury rig that was jury rigged to make poo poo work, I ripped a bunch of fence out, my partner helped me run some new cable, we set new posts, built new gates all in about 15 minutes. Opened up the water trap for the cows to have their late morning drink, went and found the bull and devised a patient care plan for him. I texted the owner and advised him of what was going on and we moved about our days.

After lunch I walked 3 miles of fence and decided to call it a day when it hit 100, come home and post on the internet.

Whomever wrote the Awful app for android needs a frickin beer, asap. Have a good day.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I can see a lot of uses for it. I can take it with me in RZR or Kubota out in the pasture, set it up and go check a really large area really fast for cows, trees, intruders, wildlife, grass. The list goes on, and the more I thought about it the more I can justify it from a business stand point. I have 7,000 of my own acres to fly around on, There's two radio towers close enough that virtually no one will be under 1,000 AGL.
I did aerial photography on the side when I was in college using a big r/c helicopter and about half of my customers were farms. Go up to 500-1000ft and take a bunch of pictures for them, fly a distance then do it again. A few companies were offering all in one packages using a sailplane years ago but I'd imagine they've transitioned to multi-rotor platforms now.

I need to solve the problem of where to fly it from, something like a light weight landing platform, big enough to catch 99% of all 'return-to-home' automated landings in the winds out here.
Something with a flat base, possibly foldable. Folding/retracting legs about a foot tall. Maybe extenders to can extend to variable heights, like the ones found on rifle bipods? Then I'd need a way to attach a target that sticks out the center of one of the sides that extends out at a 90 angle to the platform, parallel to the ground. It needs to have markings on it so I can see with the FPV cam mounted in front my markers for landing.
Folding card table with the legs cut short? Don't need anything fancy or heavy duty for a landing pad. If your brave put a sheet of plywood on the roof of your Kubota and land there. I did a few jobs over water using a 8'x8' platform made out of plywood and two canoes but that was for a much larger rig.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I rolled the gently caress out of my ankle last night, so I took the afternoon off to spend with my girls. Smalls leaves for camp Friday and I won't see her for a two weeks.

Based on what I have seen on YouTube the vision 2+ can pretty much land on a large Pizza box. So it really needs a fairly small space to operate from. I should be able to whip something up pretty quick.

I am pretty excited about getting it, Amazon still hasn't given me a tracking number. I have been spoiled by amazon prime.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Real Cowboy poo poo.

http://youtu.be/6vWSryoo0pI

http://youtu.be/czGIrp_GsTE

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Not sure if you covered this, but why don't you use an elastrator or burdizzo? Is it a thing specific to cattle, or is there some other reason?

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Wait, you don't have to shove the tube down their nose anymore? gently caress wasn't that how you used to have to deworm them?

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

Vindolanda posted:

Not sure if you covered this, but why don't you use an elastrator or burdizzo? Is it a thing specific to cattle, or is there some other reason?

I don't have an answer to this question.

InterceptorV8 posted:

Wait, you don't have to shove the tube down their nose anymore? gently caress wasn't that how you used to have to deworm them?

There are still some treatments that you have to force feed into the animals guts, but those are not very popular because of the stress issues and risk of throat issues in the animals later.

In other news I got my drone and have been playing with it, it's frickin amazing what it can do.

http://youtu.be/OY7DcfNn0zM

http://youtu.be/7VY3xG7DXAg

it's been raining all day, and I am stuck in the house getting some work done, uploading stuff to youtube, so if you're not subscribed to my channel, you should be if you want to see a whole new perspective on the world. I have some cool pictures too that I'll upload later.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Based on what I have seen on YouTube the vision 2+ can pretty much land on a large Pizza box.

Build a platform on your RZR, practice landing while driving :q:

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

IOwnCalculus posted:

Build a platform on your RZR, practice landing while driving :q:

I've already landed on top of my pickup a couple times....but the wind was pretty calm.

Here's a cow move from a couple days ago.

http://youtu.be/i5J8GVT885k

And some of my g/f's little brother taking some MotoX jumps. Shot from my Quadcopter.

http://youtu.be/GrEm02zoZdQ

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I've already landed on top of my pickup a couple times....but the wind was pretty calm.

Here's a cow move from a couple days ago.

http://youtu.be/i5J8GVT885k

And some of my g/f's little brother taking some MotoX jumps. Shot from my Quadcopter.

http://youtu.be/GrEm02zoZdQ

I'm gonna need to know what the song is in the MotoX one.

Those sound like happy cows :3:. And everyone knows that happy cows make the best hamburgers :haw:

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

In other news I got my drone and have been playing with it, it's frickin amazing what it can do.

http://youtu.be/OY7DcfNn0zM

http://youtu.be/7VY3xG7DXAg

I don't think your cows are fond of your drone.

"Great, our human has found another way to annoy us!"

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

Beach Bum posted:

I'm gonna need to know what the song is in the MotoX one.

Those sound like happy cows :3:. And everyone knows that happy cows make the best hamburgers :haw:

The music is Start Your Engines by Ethan Meixsell. It's one of the free ones on youtube.

Speaking of youtube, check this out. http://youtu.be/iJUxwADkAIs

I have a major update brewing soon I think.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

The music is Start Your Engines by Ethan Meixsell. It's one of the free ones on youtube.

Fluid loving dynamics man. That was awesome. Does the drone have a "hover here" function or how did you get it to stay so still? Very damned cool video.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIO7BvibNXw

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Whats with the random white moo?

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved

Siochain posted:

Fluid loving dynamics man. That was awesome. Does the drone have a "hover here" function or how did you get it to stay so still? Very damned cool video.

It's got a pretty smart GPS autopilot, it will hover in a 2.5m (vertical) x 0.8m (Horizontal)box. The camera is on a stabilized 3 axis gimbal, so that makes it look even smoother.

Ferremit posted:

Whats with the random white moo?

Oh, 1205? I asked that exact question last year when she showed up off the truck for the first time. The answer I got? "Talk to fuckin Andrew." I really never got a straight answer from anyone, so I'll just assume that she's simply around for variety.

Initial Dave, I'll have to remember to say it just like that if I ever do a voiceover on one of those.

http://youtu.be/BDq1vAI1FGs

http://youtu.be/dxsZY1RjtG4

In the mean time, tell me what you think of those.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

http://youtu.be/dxsZY1RjtG4

In the mean time, tell me what you think of those.

Holy crap. That saw just eats through trunks. More on-board tree kills, please.

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

Oh, 1205? I asked that exact question last year when she showed up off the truck for the first time. The answer I got? "Talk to fuckin Andrew." I really never got a straight answer from anyone, so I'll just assume that she's simply around for variety.

Haha, loving Andrew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Classic Andrew move.

• Locked thread